Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:18:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshop(WIP) C64 cut scene Help needed
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: (WIP) C64 cut scene Help needed  (Read 1174 times)
Disthron
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2014, 11:36:06 PM »

Hi everyone, I hope this is the right place to post this. I'm working on a fauz C64 game and one of my artists is having trouble working with the limited color pallet. I was hoping someone might have some advice for him. Here what he had to say.

I should probably add some of the other colours in but i'm finding really difficult to introduce them into the picture.  A little at the end of my rope with this one tbh. Help, edits, anything would be really useful. I just need a new perspective or i'll be scrapping it and starting again.

Anyway, thanks for reading over my thread. I hope someone can help out. it would be a shame to let all that work go to wast.

Please Follow Edelin Tales on Twitter and like us on Facebook
Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 01:43:56 AM »

Given the style of the image, wouldn't you be better off painting it in a higher colour depth and at a higher resolution, then converting back to the c64 res and palette? Here's a quick tutorial.
Disthron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 02:11:23 AM »

Given the style of the image, wouldn't you be better off painting it in a higher colour depth and at a higher resolution, then converting back to the c64 res and palette? Here's a quick tutorial.

Not in my experience. I've tried converting images in the way that's described in the article and it seems they very rarely come out looking very good. One of the thing I do, in addition to what's suggested in that article is tint parts of the image with colors from the pallet. It helps a little... sometimes.

Please Follow Edelin Tales on Twitter and like us on Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic