Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:10:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Liero [DONE]
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Liero [DONE]  (Read 65823 times)
Blaizer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 03, 2009, 09:23:31 PM »

I guess, maybe you could terminate it at any time you like by pressing the attack button again.
Winterous
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 03, 2009, 10:19:49 PM »

I guess, maybe you could terminate it at any time you like by pressing the attack button again.
Then it becomes over powered, you have no penalty for using it as you can cancel and then shotgun them.
It's a bad attack, it worked for Snake in SSBB because it was so limited, and had interesting ways to use it (like dropping it on people)
Blaizer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 03, 2009, 10:27:50 PM »

Hmmm, you're right. It would still be an interesting attack if implemented right.
Contrary
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 03, 2009, 10:38:24 PM »

I think the fan definitely needs a nerf. It is useful for both pushing people out of melee range and also controlling them there but reflecting projectiles and propelling bombs.
Blaizer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 03, 2009, 11:50:10 PM »

I think the flamethrower is a bit silly at the moment. Firstly it doesn't make you any less agile while using it, it only means you walk backwards instead of turning around.

I say, either make a new sprite for jumping and walking while using the flamethrower or get rid of moving while using it.

I think a good mid-way would be making Liero slower while using it (if you implement walking and running then he can't run). He should also lose his double jump.

Because currently you can just jump around and be just as agile as normal while having a powerful damaging weapon stretched out in front of him.

Another thing would be a charging system (meta ammo). You can only use it for a certain amount of time before it stopping. Then you have to wait for it to recharge.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 04, 2009, 12:37:13 AM »

I like the idea of him slowing down and losing his double jump. Actually I never realised that you could move with flamer Durr...?

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: September 04, 2009, 09:12:46 AM »

The Chiquita Bomb and Fan are already borderline overpowered. They don't need improving!

The missile is a good suggestion, but I don't see a place for it in his movelist.

His flamer needs adjustment. I'll probably remove jumping while using it and lower the max speed.

Blaizer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 07, 2009, 12:57:32 AM »

I have a question about Liero..

Is he being based on the original DOS game "Liero" or the newer "Liero Extreme"? I see them as different games rather than Liero Extreme being a better version of Liero.

I'm not very familiar with Liero Extreme but all the IB attacks so far are in the original Liero. Except maybe the Av aerial (napalm?). It doesn't look like anything in the original.

I like how all of the moves for Liero would be the most "iconic" or "memorable" from the games and also in both games.

Also, I don't think the napalm really works with the rest of Liero's move-set. I find myself never using it and instead using any of his other more diverse and equally powerful moves. Perhaps a better move would be one of the mini shotgun or mini rocket attacks. They would shoot down at an angle and propel you slightly upward.

Finally, when(/if) you make a Liero stage, would it be based more on the more memorable original style (brown dirt, dark brown background and rocks of different sizes scattered around) or of a newer type as in Liero Extreme?
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 07, 2009, 05:05:38 AM »

I think the old-school dirt level from Liero is the most memorable and iconic. Although Liero Xtreme has a lot of detailed maps they are all kind of forgettable.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: September 07, 2009, 05:58:03 AM »

Is he being based on the original DOS game "Liero" or the newer "Liero Extreme"?
The original.

Except maybe the Av aerial (napalm?). It doesn't look like anything in the original.
Napalm is in the original.

Also, I don't think the napalm really works with the rest of Liero's move-set. I find myself never using it and instead using any of his other more diverse and equally powerful moves. Perhaps a better move would be one of the mini shotgun or mini rocket attacks. They would shoot down at an angle and propel you slightly upward.
It's there to round out his movelist and act as a solid downward attack. It's not a move you use when you have better options.

Finally, when(/if) you make a Liero stage, would it be based more on the more memorable original style (brown dirt, dark brown background and rocks of different sizes scattered around) or of a newer type as in Liero Extreme?
A Liero stage is very, very unlikely. The game has no memorable or beautiful locations.

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 07, 2009, 09:27:32 PM »

Liero extreme was filth. When things moved in throwing trajectories they didn't slow down at the top, instead the whole trajectory was calculated from the initial force and then the object moved along it at a constant velocity. It's hard to explain how bad that is, but as soon as you play it you go Facepalm

I mean, how hard is it to add to the downward velocity each frame and get a gravitational acceleration?

No, old-school liero it is.
Feliz Lombriz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 13, 2009, 03:11:37 PM »

Would anyone mind if these sprites were used by Liero fans for other projects in the community (avatars, fangames, mods, etc.)? If that would be infuriating and incredibly unjust, I understand, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 03:22:00 PM by Feliz Lombriz » Logged
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: November 13, 2009, 04:21:15 PM »

Feel free to use them. I can't speak for the original artists, but I don't imagine any of them would mind. Especially if you gave them credit.

FYI, there are also a few sprites in the Sprites/Liero folder of Indie Brawl that haven't been posted online (such as summoning the Chiquita Bomb).

Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: December 25, 2009, 06:27:04 AM »

I took the liberty to edit Liero's current portrait:

The old one was a little too close up to his face to reflect his actual size in-game. Also the shotgun is a little closer to the actual sprites.

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
MaloEspada
« Reply #274 on: December 25, 2009, 10:51:23 AM »

Well, I prefer the old portrait. It has more character in it IMO.

Also, I can't picture a shotgun in the new portrait, just a really weird metallic penis  WTF
Cokho
Level 3

I love anyone who read this !

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 25, 2009, 02:00:36 PM »

Also, I can't picture a shotgun in the new portrait, just a really weird metallic penis  WTF
DAMN YOU! I can't unsee it now!

Pardon my poor english T_T
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: December 25, 2009, 03:41:32 PM »

I think I like this portrait better. But R.D. ruined it for me.

MaloEspada
« Reply #277 on: December 25, 2009, 04:50:24 PM »

I'm sorry  Shrug
Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: December 26, 2009, 02:12:13 AM »

Alright, alright, here's an edit:

Any better?

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
MaloEspada
« Reply #279 on: December 26, 2009, 06:20:47 AM »

Definitely; he has a "bad" aura about him, like an evil snake.
In that aspect I prefered the cute face from the old one but meh.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic