Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411429 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:00:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCHIGUN - POW POW POULTRY. (SUMMER ALPHA BUILD RELEASED)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: CHIGUN - POW POW POULTRY. (SUMMER ALPHA BUILD RELEASED)  (Read 18117 times)
tmonet
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2014, 05:21:01 PM »

Hey Chigun Friends, Tyler here.

This is an update regarding the build of our final level "Yolkyo". Ive constructed a weapon from scrap wood, (and yes that barrel revolves) for a surprise addition to the level. There is still minor work that needs to be done with the gun, but its getting there!

Hope you enjoy
AlexVsCoding
Level 7

Enthusiasm at dangerous levels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2014, 10:59:41 PM »

Hey Folks, quick before-bed update (3am here, ugh):

Gameplay added to Yolkyo - The platforms that the player is within proximity of illuminate, but there are 3 buttons on the level than can de-activate the lights of your opponent, leaving them vulnerable.

Me and Tyler will post up some footage of gameplay tomorrow (as posting up a GIF of me trying to play the game alone always sucks).

Tonights work has been converting the demo back into the full game, for which now there are officially the 5 levels and 2 modes running! Things are going to be super close on this deadline...

The remainder of the music for the project should be arriving today, so stay tuned for that!

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2014, 09:47:04 PM »

Hey folks, so stuff we've got done today:

1. Fixed the menu so it flows better - covered the 3 main categories of things that can be altered - map, mode and number of rounds played. For the number of rounds, we added this little guy.

2. Processed all the cinematic photos so they are ready for animating in game. Me and Tyler will be smashing them out in the coming days.
3. Expanded the post game menu to include previous and next levels.
4. Press kit finished
5. Restructured the code for Yolkyo (was having issues with the light buttons).
6. Added a new mode in for all levels - POW CHOW. Peck up seeds and if you get shot, they scatter everywhere (along with the majority of the chicken). Whoever can hold the most seed for 100 seconds wins (we'll add some gifs of that tomorrow).
7. Added in some tiny spotlights into the tutorial to guide the player through the space.

We also have the announcement that we will be releasing the trailer for CHIGUN when we reach 3000 views on TIGSource.

We are also looking for feedback on the game, so please let us know what you think so we can get stuff fixed whilst we are in the same place. There's a feedback Forum post at this address if you'd prefer to post there instead!

Here's the list of things we could do with feedback on:

1. Was the tutorial informative enough?
2. Was the navigation from the menu to the gameplay smooth enough?
3. Any bugs or glitches you had with the game?
4. Did the colour of the bullets cause any issues?
5. Any other comments, feedback or suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks and stay tuned for more!

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2014, 10:45:12 PM »

Hey Folks! Here’s some footage of the blackout in Yolkyo and visuals of how the buttons can de-activate the lights of your opponent and re-activate your own. Stay tuned for some crazy stuff coming up in the next day or so!

tmonet
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2014, 03:58:56 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen thank you very much for keeping up with our progress, Alex and i have a trailer headed your way very soon,

Don't call me Chigun
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2014, 12:32:48 AM »

Subscribin'

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2014, 03:08:46 PM »

Hey Folks!

I've tried putting this post together 3 times but the kids keep closing it when it's ready to post (grr).

Here's a list of the changes I've made in the past few days!
1. Animated sequences added to levels and synchronized them with the voice recordings we received from Kyle.
2. Yolkyo is done - we now have a 5 stage finale put in place with different visuals/audio for each.
3. We recorded the trailer a week ago (has taken longer to process than we hoped but should be done in the next 24 hours).
4. Several of the titles have been revamped.
5. Mulcher now has a delicious squelching noise when a chicken flings themselves into it.
6. The death issue with Abpluction has been fixed by putting circular saws at the bottom of the pipe, so now blood rains down from the exit of the pipes when a chicken jumps into it.
7. Lots of super secret stuff that you should have chance to find out about real soon (the vast majority of fixes)!
8. Post game menus have been expanded to include extra options.

We're hoping to get the last few things fixed in the next day or so, so stay tuned!

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2014, 06:40:39 PM »

Hey Folks, The CHIGUN

is up!

Hope you enjoy!

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2014, 02:49:02 PM »

Hey Folks! Just to let you know, the flash version of CHIGUN is now available to play online! Give it a go and I'd love to hear any feedback you guys have.

http://gamejolt.com/games/platformer/chigun/30985/

makehimanoffer
Level 0

I make good games, I swear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2014, 03:04:30 PM »

So what I'm getting is it's like Towerfall with poultry?

Also, I find the gifs really hard to look at because things sort of blend uncomfortably. Like there's not appropriate contrast in alot of places.So it's like one level is purple on top of even more purple.

It looks very cool though, the art style just seems a bit muddled. The trailer is very creative, but I know literally nothing after watching it.

Not everything you call a game is a game. We need new definitions. We need interactive experiences. Short Interactions. And Games. Otherwise I'll accidentally end up playing a 'not game' and bitch about it on the internet.
AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2014, 04:44:40 PM »

So what I'm getting is it's like Towerfall with poultry?

Also, I find the gifs really hard to look at because things sort of blend uncomfortably. Like there's not appropriate contrast in alot of places.So it's like one level is purple on top of even more purple.

It looks very cool though, the art style just seems a bit muddled. The trailer is very creative, but I know literally nothing after watching it.

Hey makehimanoffer! One thing that doesn't help the contrast situation is the quality of the GIFS (many of the colors are removed/simplified). If you take a nosey through the development process, you can see that we've been slowly increasing the contrast between the backgrounds and the foreground (One good example to see this in is FREE RANGE). Based on feedback we'll be making visual tweaks as time goes on.

As for the trailer, I myself despise trailers that don't show gameplay, but whilst in the production process, I've realised there are some benefits and reasons for this method:

1. Trailers that include footage of gameplay age - live action doesn't. We can use that trailer now at the start of the project through till whenever.
2. The game features quite a bit of live action sequences, so we felt it relevant to create a trailer along the same vein.
3. It gives you a good excuse to get away from the computer and have some fun.
4. Gives a face to the game and sets the tone for the project.

Here's a short 60 second preview of the mode, POW CHOW on EGGSPERIMENT. Eggspect more coming soon!

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2014, 08:13:57 PM »

Hey folks! we just launched on green light! Any votes of confidence in the project would be massively appreciated.

VOTE HERE

Here's some posters to tempt you!

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2014, 06:52:18 AM »

Hey folks!

We just posted up a boatload of footage of gameplay!

POW CHOW on EGGSPERIMENT

POW CHOW on OUTBEAK

TEASER for YOLKYO

Thanks for checking them out!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 07:10:11 AM by AlexVsCoding » Logged

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2014, 07:48:01 AM »

This is the most wonderful live action trailer I have seen this year! Seriously surreally beautiful posters.

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2014, 03:15:42 PM »

Hey Folks!

CHIGUN is CHIDUN! We posted the game up last night online for purchase on itch and are now looking for some other sites to plonk it on.

Some of the snazzy last minute things we added:
On the final level, Yolkyo, the POW CHOW mode is first to 50 (10 seeds per stage of the level), meaning the entire level gets showered in seeds if someone gets iced at 49 points.

Credits page - Tyler did a bunch of adorable caricatures of all of the people involved with the project (chickhands holding different items such as keyboards and microphones). Tyler managed to do some music production with a fellow in the music department then plonk it together into a very relaxing credits tune (think playing music under a canvas whilst it's raining).

Whilst this technically marks the end of the time me and Tyler working on the project in person together, there will be future developments on CHIGUN. Tyler has already said he can either scan in work or mail over bundles of drawings/paintings, whilst I'll be optimizing the game size, fixing the remaining bugs and hopefully adding the following fancy things upon returning to the UK:

4 Player
Gamepad functionality for Windows
A version of Pow Chow with a bank to deposit seeds into
Instant spawn mode for Cock Fight
Look into getting it working on Linux
Two handed weapons (Chicken holding the stock and another holding the barrel)

Stay tuned folks!

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2014, 05:57:35 PM »

Hey Folks!

Just letting you know that we're putting together a nice little OST to accompany the release with a bunch of artwork and all the tracks from the game in. Here's the cover:

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2014, 07:04:59 PM »

Hey Folks! Tyler created some trippy gifs from gameplay for his website, showing lots of new stuff! Check them out!

Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2014, 11:57:04 PM »

I CAN

DIG THIS SHIT
AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2014, 06:32:07 AM »

Hey Folks,

One thing that Tyler loves to do is take pieces of his concept artwork and blend them into collages (VERY IRRITATING since it means I can't re-access older images since he's done something like blend it into a painting of an old mans nose). We're going to be releasing a digital album of artwork to accompany CHIGJIG. Here's a small sample of what to expect from the book: http://www.tylergiordano.com/chigun-collage/

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2014, 05:48:31 AM »

Hey Folks! I've had my holiday and am back in the UK, so there's no time like the present! CHIGUN has a pile of feedback and improvements I'm making today, so stay tuned!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic