Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:31:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallWhiflash - Mouse controlled weaponry
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Whiflash - Mouse controlled weaponry  (Read 2349 times)
hatu
Level 2

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2009, 11:48:52 AM »

Whiflash

Category: Action RPG/Adventure
Size: ~3 MB
Resolution: 640x480
Plugin: Flash Player 9

Whiflash is a Flash game I started as a demo for my final thesis and finished it later because I had fun with it.
You control a golem and his flail. The flail is basically attached to your mouse and so it's freely controllable to do whatever you want (kill stuff).

Hand Point Right http://whiflash.com Hand Point Left

You get a much better view when you see it in motion but here's some 'shots.

AndyWiltshireBPA
Level 1

BulletProofArcade.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 01:19:41 PM »

Heya,

I love the idea of a purely mouse controlled weapon, rather then the standard click-fest, the only thing is that the flail seems a little to loose, in the distance department. If you could give it a max distance and have the chainlinks all link up, it would feel more polished.

Its actually quite fun just to swing the mouse around and kill stuff, simple control. Perhaps you can then look at adding more weaponry such as a sword and/or shield. If you kept working on this you could end up with a very cool fighting system, Im thinking different weapons are suited to different mouse movements, or, left-click-hold move mouse to attack and right-click-hold move mouse to block, just have to see how natural it feels.

What are your plans for the game? Is it just a prototype or are you looking to develop it further?

increpare
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 01:54:19 PM »

oh boy.  surprisingly fun idea.  control system works reasonably well.  hard though! needs music.

cursor can be hard to see when i'm whirlin' it about.
hatu
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 11:13:43 AM »

It is a bit weird now but I think it would be too hard if the range was limited. Having the chain linked up is a good idea, I don't know why I didn't do it originally.

I've been thinking about doing different weapons too, like a big axe that has a fixed range but I guess that would be in another game, maybe from another perspective. Sidescroller maybe.
The game's "finished" for now, I'd like to completely rewrite the engine with real physics but I'll do some other games for now.

I couldn't decide on the bg music so I just left it out for now. I think some subtle d'n'b would work
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic