Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 03:34:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallBest game evar released!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Best game evar released!  (Read 16908 times)
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2009, 01:38:06 PM »

On an unrelated note, because I'm tired of talking about the subject at hand, did anyone make a FAQ for YHTBTR?

Kian himself did, under an alias (it was "GareyBusey"-something i think).

fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2009, 01:46:45 PM »

wait, seriously, how is this not a great big fuck you to mazapan?

it's kinda weird to me that you guys would release something as crude as this and then go around saying its all in good fun?

seems weak.

if you're gonna make a shitty little riff on another game that ends with FUCK OFF, you should admit to and embrace your pissed-offedness.

i thought it was pretty punk.
angry.
but now...

I didnt make it.. i just posted about it because i thought it was funny.

honestly i cant speak for alex, but i was just assuming it was all in good fun because i never heard him say "THIS WILL LEARN THAT DESIGNER GOOD!! HAW HAW HAW!!.

basicly alex just said hes going to make the greatest most innovative work of art ever and then 10 min later sent me that build...

that seems pretty bitter to me.
but i understand.
it's a pretty retarded nomination if you ask me.

The-Imp
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2009, 02:40:48 PM »

I played the game again.

And I listened to the credits this time.
 Tears of Joy
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2009, 02:57:47 PM »

I'd still like to hear from the judges that rated it like 100 in innovation. I'm really curious what their rationale is.

Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2009, 01:43:23 PM »

I agree with Fish.

But i think its cool, needed to be made. Self Expression through a game..

i think Mazapan is a major douchebag for submitting his game to IGF. By all means make a 2min game exploring some random idea. but dont then submit it to IGF expecting awards...

I feel angry for IGF losers and indie game devs everywhere.

godsavant
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2009, 02:03:48 PM »

I agree with Fish.

i think Mazapan is a major douchebag for submitting his game to IGF. By all means make a 2min game exploring some random idea. but dont then submit it to IGF expecting awards...

Speaking of insults, I'd like to let Greg-Anims know that he just got majorly insulted (a little bit past the middle).
Anthony Flack
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2009, 02:10:19 PM »

Can somebody tell me if it is at least still possible to burn the rope?

Currently in development: Cletus Clay
PGGB
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2009, 02:39:43 PM »

The most important point I think hasn't even been mentioned yet.
Eventhough you don't have to burn the rope, YDHTBTR was actually harder than YHTBTR. The slippery controls and this discrepance of difficulty is something yet undiscussed.

What is the meaning of this clearly antithetical statement?
Radiant
Level 1

...and we are the Dreamers of Dreams.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2009, 10:12:19 AM »

Meh.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2009, 05:05:03 PM »

In case anyone missed it:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/jan/22/golden-crecentes-honor-years-best-video-games/

You Have to Burn the Rope was declared by Brian Crecente (editor in chief of Kotaku) to be the indie game of the year.

John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2009, 05:27:44 PM »

I wonder if this is what corporate game developers feel like when indie developers get famous. Maybe they're all like, "Huh? We put so much effort and time and money into our game! How come everybody is focusing on this wimpy little game made by one person just because it got a lot of exposure? Our game is way more epic."

I mean, I'm pretty annoyed by YHTBTR's ranking too, but isn't the whole point of indie gaming that we can accomplish more with less? YHTBTR is that philosophy taken to the extreme.

Still...  Huh?
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2009, 06:12:32 PM »

I wonder if this is what corporate game developers feel like when indie developers get famous. Maybe they're all like, "Huh? We put so much effort and time and money into our game! How come everybody is focusing on this wimpy little game made by one person just because it got a lot of exposure? Our game is way more epic."

I mean, I'm pretty annoyed by YHTBTR's ranking too, but isn't the whole point of indie gaming that we can accomplish more with less? YHTBTR is that philosophy taken to the extreme.

Still...  Huh?
Ask people who play mainstream games, those who don't follow the indy scene. They're not THAT famous.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2009, 06:22:08 PM »

That's true. My brother is into mainstream games, and the only indie game he's heard of is Cave Story (well, besides mine, obviously -- although he doesn't even play my games). He never heard of Braid or World of Goo or Darwinia.

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2009, 09:29:58 PM »

It's like giving an emmy to "Jizz in my Pants"
Yeah, or Nominating South Park for the "Best Music, Original Song" Oscar!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2009, 11:13:26 PM »

removed for drunk posting
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 05:22:25 AM by Alex May » Logged

Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2009, 07:28:56 AM »

It's like giving an emmy to "Jizz in my Pants"
Yeah, or Nominating South Park for the "Best Music, Original Song" Oscar!
I take it that nomination grated against you. Thing that bothered me about that nomination was that they were nominating "blame Canada" when you know they really wanted to give the award to "Shut your %^$#ing face uncle !@*&er." But I don't know if Robin Williams would have been able to perform that song on TV.

At least south park was a whole movie, not just a one time flash in the pan sort of thing like Jizz in my Pants or YHTBTR capitalizing on viral attention.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2009, 08:53:49 AM »

I agree with Fish.

Speaking of insults, I'd like to let Greg-Anims know that he just got majorly insulted (a little bit past the middle).

:D Thankyou so much for finding this and letting me know! i never woulda saw it otherwise

Brought a smile to my face, i feel like ive cheated the system and won a prize haha

(if anyone is interested, i got the pageviews cause i put a link to my devart, on a game i made..which got played loads)

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2009, 11:40:36 AM »

Alex's game is pretty stupid.

I agree. The cryptic sea guys are excellent at courting controversy. It seems to be one of their primary PR tactics, and while its not something I really agree with, it seems to have served them well, so I don't see any reason for them to stop.

how so?

In honor of not making the IGF finals I've made a new game, it's called "You don't have to burn the rope"
Download it now!

Roll Eyes

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2009, 11:52:42 AM »

I'd still like to hear from the judges that rated it like 100 in innovation. I'm really curious what their rationale is.

Yep.
I don't have anything versus YHTBR guys, and i think that they did a good thing making the game and i'm sure they joined IGF not expecting to take any prize or nomination (at least i hope, if not that would be crazy shit).
What i can't understand and i really find insulting is that some judges rated it more than works like dunno, konjak's stuff or any game with a real gameplay out there. If you start to rate joke games like they were real games you're like pissing over a lot of indie developers if you ask me, basically saying that their games are like a 2 hours effort of someone else or even worse...

i'd submit a dancing dick for the next IGF, expecting a nomination for the innovation award too.  Corny Laugh

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2009, 11:56:26 AM »

Crecente is a fuck moron, I don't just mean because of this. He genuinely is a moron, I measured his IQ and it was below 85.

How? Did you go up and ASK him?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic