Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 08:39:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshop.Age - pixel art progress
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: .Age - pixel art progress  (Read 1295 times)
Catman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 17, 2014, 11:05:17 AM »

Hello people!

I have been working in my spare time on a new game, and I decided to take the time to learn some pixelart and draw my own graphics. Smiley Keep in mind that I'm no artist, so I'm trying to learn!

I posted a while ago here and now I have a more refined version I'd like to have feedback on.

I have been working on colours, keeping everything to one palette, as well as on making everything pixel-perfect (even in the game).

So, here is a screenshot from the start of the game! What do you think? I'm open to any feedback, since I've been working on this for a bit and thus I have lost all my judgement on it! :D

Keep in mind that the grid is there for you to build on, so you'll have it 'more full' as you play.

Just for fun, I'm also attaching a random gif for you. Smiley

Thanks for your time!
s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 11:20:44 AM »

You did really well man, just be careful with mixing different resolutions (few elements are made of small pixels and some of large ones). At least in my opinion it always looks better when everything is kept in the same dimensions.

But putting art feedback aside - this game looks interesting in terms of possible gameplay. Maybe you should start a devlog?

Snow
Level 0

experienced gamer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 02:17:39 PM »

It would take a bit of time and effort, but if you did the background at the same resolution as the sprites, you could make for some incredible detail. Looking nice so far.

A pencil, blank paper and an empty room is all you need.
Catman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 11:28:40 PM »

Thanks to both of you for the feedback, it is very appreciated. Smiley

I see that everyone is warning me against the double resolution, so I guess I'll give up and draw everything at the same one. To think I started with 8x8 px buildings!!! :D

I plan to start a devlog, but I'm first trying to get to a playable build, so that I can post it and let you play first. Smiley

While I redraw everything, I'll keep posting some WIP so that I can get more feedback.

Here are some of the game's resources, what do you guys think? I especially like the animal heads on the top. Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic