Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 05:28:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDrift'n'Drive
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Drift'n'Drive  (Read 4274 times)
8-Bit Ape
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 04:03:51 AM »

Hey, this looks cool. Do you have any videos or GIFs of current gameplay? Would love to see what it looks like in split-screen Smiley
gimblll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2014, 04:08:47 AM »

Hey, this looks cool. Do you have any videos or GIFs of current gameplay? Would love to see what it looks like in split-screen Smiley

I have one Vine I made some time back at https://vine.co/v/M9jx0uVaJbY , it's more a "funny" Vine than to show anything properly though. I should really start doing some videos and stuff at some point... So much to do, so little time, as always.

AidenBainsGames
Level 0

Terrance the Flying Eyeball is complete!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2014, 03:22:02 PM »

It's weird, this genre of game never normally interests me, yet I find myself oddly intrigued by what I've seen here.

Watching this thread for updates Smiley

Click Here to Play a Game about a Flying Eyeball            
gimblll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2014, 11:30:16 PM »

It's weird, this genre of game never normally interests me, yet I find myself oddly intrigued by what I've seen here.

Watching this thread for updates Smiley

Thanks! Smiley

Ghost cars for time trial are done! They appear a bit funny as they look like the cars shadow, so when you start driving, it looks like your shadow leaves and starts racing you. Smiley Also did a bunch of Game Center achievements, should work. That's all of the big tasks done! (except of course the sound and music which are still missing and will take time) Now I think I'll concentrate adding a little polish everywhere where I can think of. Adding particles here and there and such. Also need to make some sort of cool game complete message/prize for the player. Was also thinking of adding a separate Hall of Heroes leaderboard for all players that have completed the game.

Edit: Made this quick vine of the current state of the game: https://twitter.com/gimblll/status/510332014646796288
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:53:00 PM by gimblll » Logged

gimblll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2014, 08:03:56 AM »

Lot's of little things done, game is looking good (todo list wise). Started to properly integrate a sound engine and adding temp sounds to all places that need sound. Unfortunately ended wasting a lot of time with FMOD, which proved to be buggy and slow. I have one free core on the iDevices and still it managed to make my game drop frames here and there. I spent a lot of time going through everything, making sure I'm not using it in a stupid way, trying every possible combination of settings and minimizing the sounds I play, but it didn't really help in the end. The bugs were the final straw. So in the end I threw it away and replaced it with my own little sound engine from the previous game. I lost a lot of nice little features, but at least the performance is great and stable and no sounds mysteriously disappear and refuse to play anymore...

So next week, more sound work and fine tuning a few bits of temp graphics. There's a few things with the save games that need fixing and lot's of other little things. And at some point I need to start creating some promo materials too. We'll see...

gimblll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2014, 11:29:53 PM »

Nothing much happening anymore, game is pretty near done. Squashed a few bugs and some gameplay fine tuning. Still waiting on the final music, so it'll take a few weeks probably before it's donedone. Working on some marketing assets now, took screenshots and now preparing record some gameplay footage for a trailer. A bit hard to try to play 4-player multiplayer by myself, but we'll see how it goes. Smiley

gimblll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 04:34:35 AM »

Final music is in, sound effects are %80 done. Game is pretty near 1.0 version. Might need some difficulty balancing adjustments yet but all major work is done. Did the trailer too (will probably release it in a week or two) and did some work on a presskit. Game will probably be released somewhere near the end of the month.

gimblll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2014, 04:01:57 AM »

Version 1.0 finished, Apple upload done, wohoo! Flagging this the project finished. Will probably be released near end of the month, depending on how long Apple takes with it.

Now onto trailers and such and the first update!

AidenBainsGames
Level 0

Terrance the Flying Eyeball is complete!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2014, 07:24:14 AM »

Any chance of it coming to Android? Or even a PC port?

Click Here to Play a Game about a Flying Eyeball            
gimblll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2014, 07:48:39 AM »

Any chance of it coming to Android? Or even a PC port?

Well I have a PC version (I develop on the PC), but I doubt I'll release it anytime soon. Would need a bit of work make it good. Android depends completely on how well the iOS version does. If it does well, it would make sense to port it to Android, but if it doesn't, I doubt I'll bother.

gimblll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2014, 06:14:01 AM »

Trailer is done! Available for viewing here

Barring any weird happenings, the release date is 30.10.2014!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic