Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:38:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGhost Song: Atmospheric sci fi 2D -- Up; new 25 minute gameplay video
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Print
Author Topic: Ghost Song: Atmospheric sci fi 2D -- Up; new 25 minute gameplay video  (Read 51450 times)
Bombini
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: December 14, 2015, 04:45:37 AM »

Nice idea°!

Jalapenosbud
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 14, 2015, 05:06:46 AM »

This game is so 1337!
I like how atmospheric it is, like the sound is calm, but also like its leading up to something bigger is gonna happen. I really dig it! And can't wait for it to release

Aedous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 14, 2015, 10:34:05 AM »

Just watched your latest gameplay video and it's still as awesome as the first time I saw this game. The atmosphere, sound effects, voice acting everything! You're doing a great job Smiley. I had no idea you where using Stencyl as well I actually thought it was Construct 2.

Keep it up, can't wait for this game to come out  Coffee

ShinnyMetal
Level 0

I can makes musics!

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 20, 2015, 01:46:24 PM »

Thanks Smiley

Speaking of, I have implemented my distance based vocal scripting into the actual game now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zZ9i4VM-0g&feature=youtu.be

Basically, using Stencyl, with very limited sound options, I had to get creative in order to accomplish the effect of having voices taper off and change as you walk away. What's happening is each sound clip has a secondary sound clip that is the same thing, but prebaked with a lot of reverb and the highs and mids EQ'd away. It plays both of those sounds at the same time, on different channels, and it adjusts the mix between the two based on player distance.

Very cleaver.

Too bad you already have some great atmospheric music for the game because I would love to work on this

twotimingpete
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: July 29, 2016, 07:48:11 AM »

I put up a 25 minute gameplay video showing an area and a boss at the end. We also meet and work with an NPC along the way.

LINK

I know I've neglected this thread but I have so many friggin things to keep track of >.<

archagon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 07, 2022, 12:44:24 AM »

Congrats on launching!! I knew the game looked familiar when it showed up on my Xbox Game Pass. Had to go back to the forums to confirm!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic