Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:35:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIn The Shadows | Now on Steam and GOG!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: In The Shadows | Now on Steam and GOG!  (Read 62932 times)
kylethompson
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2015, 11:16:23 AM »

Just wanted to say that I saw the trailer on reddit, and this is probably the indie game I'm looking forward to the most right now!  Definitely my type of game.  Level editor is looking great too!
nt
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2015, 12:29:18 PM »

A bit of progress on the level editor. It's kinda fun to code, at the same time it's a pain. Basically with unity new UI you need to re-implement a lot of really basic stuff.

Just wanted to say that I saw the trailer on reddit, and this is probably the indie game I'm looking forward to the most right now!  Definitely my type of game.  Level editor is looking great too!

Thanks!

adriantalens
Level 0

nocturnal audio wiz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2015, 02:43:06 PM »

Beautiful. This is a game I would love to play just to explore everywhere.

Adrian Talens
Composer & Sound Designer
Soundcloud
Twitter
farginnoob
Level 0

I just wanna make games!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2015, 03:13:35 PM »

Been watching the development of this for a while now and I really like the look. Your tool development discussion is also really interesting. Keep up the good work!

nt
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2015, 10:47:32 PM »

Added a bunch of things, like layers and drawing collider zone.

Making the collider gizmo with handles that can be edited took me way too long to implement.

Beautiful. This is a game I would love to play just to explore everywhere.
Maybe if later people make their own levels with the editor I will be able to explore it too, that would be cool

Been watching the development of this for a while now and I really like the look. Your tool development discussion is also really interesting. Keep up the good work!
Thanks! im gonna try to post more often from now on

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2015, 07:12:23 AM »

Awesome work on the level editor. I've always wanted to design a level editor but the scope is usually pretty intimidating. Nice to see someone tackle one. Looking pretty intuitive.

nt
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2015, 07:49:34 AM »

it's a lot of work, I pushed it for later for a while thinking it would be too much work but I seriously regret it now, It would have made my life easier. I mean it is a lot of work, even more so inside Unity. It would be easier to do something in QT or something, but I really wanted to have the option to let people make levels directly from the game.

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: May 14, 2015, 02:55:05 AM »

Hey, so what are you working on now? I need my regular In The Shadows fix!

nt
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 14, 2015, 07:10:06 AM »

Busy making a demo and preparing for some sort of alpha testing with a small group of people. Making a better website too.

I was wondering if I should start the greenlight at the same time I get the demo out or before, also, I would like to start taking pre-order but I don't know if its too early or If i should wait the demo to be out too.

Igor Sandman
Level 0

Artist and Game dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: May 14, 2015, 08:09:50 AM »

I just saw your trailer. I love it.
The colors, the lighting, the music everything fits perfectly together.
Good job!

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2015, 08:41:51 AM »

Busy making a demo and preparing for some sort of alpha testing with a small group of people. Making a better website too.

I was wondering if I should start the greenlight at the same time I get the demo out or before, also, I would like to start taking pre-order but I don't know if its too early or If i should wait the demo to be out too.

Well, I'll not accuse you of being lazy then...

From what I've seen of Greenlight it seems like a great way to cross-promote with other things. So if you're planning crowdfunding, then it can send a lot of traffic that way. It could be a good way to get folks to go to your website and download the demo or preorder the game. It might help with contacting press too. I mean, sure you can send them an email when you launch on Greenlight, then another when the demo is out and another when preorders are up (or whatever order you're thinking of doing it), but if you've got all 3 at once then it packs a bigger punch.

Although, I'm no expert there so maybe someone else has some different thoughts on the matter?

nt
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2015, 08:08:31 AM »

So once again I didn't post in a while, I do post more often on twitter tho, but my "devlog" is a bit quiet. It's hard to talk about development since for the last couple of weeks I'm hard at work on the demo levels, and beside fixing bugs I didn't add that many new feature that required lots of talking about. But I did work on some new things

- Dynamic audio, for the music that will change with player behavior.
- New monsters!
- some new light gameplay mechanics
- Making levels that are interesting
- Added collectibles items (in the form of stars)

I worked a lot on the "envelope" of the game, meaning, loading screen, level management and those kinds of things. I also wrote a game updater that will be used a lot for the beta phase of the game.

I'm currently playing with Nullsoft installer, I don't know if other people have much experience with it, it's easy enough but can get complicated real fast when you want to do more advanced things.

I have been playing with the idea of being able to choose your player as a boy or a girl. I read this article a long time ago  http://www.wired.com/2013/03/donkey-kong-pauline-hack/ and it's always been inspirational for me. In the context of the game, the fact that the player is a boy is enterely because I am a guy. It has virtualy no impact on the story or the game whatsoever. In a way if we look at it in a "art" point of view, I guess I should be free to just have the player be a boy and it should all be fine, but I think having the option is also good since it would help more people relate to the character of the game. The story can apply to both. So in that perspective I tried some design for fun :

(click for full size)

So this is in no way a promise, because first and foremost it would take me a while to make the sprites sheet, but It's something I will keep in mind for later. If anyone as comments on the whole thing it would be great, either pro or cons, Id like to hear what people have to say about it, and please read the article on wired first, it puts the whole thing in context.

In other news, here are some recent screenshots and gifs :

(click for full size)

(click for full size)

This new monster is pretty fun to play with.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 08:24:06 AM by nt » Logged

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 15, 2015, 11:30:55 AM »

I love the new screenshots and the new monster is awesome! Kiss

I think it's good that you are thinking about the option to add a female character. The tie looks a bit off, but it seems you just did a quick sketch to test the idea. If you decide to add her, you should put some effort in it and try to give her an own personality and avoid a "Ms. Pac-Man".

P.S.: I hope you don't mind i pushed a few pixels around in your design. I tried to give her an own business outfit and to combine her two hairstyles: http://i.imgur.com/c0Ehfrf.png

nt
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 15, 2015, 11:45:40 AM »

oh that's really cool, the missing pixel on the neck really make the face better too. I'm gonna use some of that for sure, if you don't mind. I did my version pretty fast indeed, I wanted to have a feel of it and see people views on the subject, but yeah the ms pac-man bit is very true.

Thanks!

Bluebutton
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: June 15, 2015, 11:58:46 AM »

Love everything about this, the foreground/background stuff is really effective. I'll be buying this!

nt
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2015, 01:10:10 PM »

Been working on this level today, the floor is lava, literally!

(click for fullsize!)

gereon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2015, 01:40:33 AM »

I watched your trailer. Wow what an amazing game! I love the artwork and atmosphere.
Hopefully it will be available soon, are you working full time on it?

Currently working on...
michelmohr
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2015, 02:08:25 AM »

WOW, those blurred forefront pipes in the gif are really working out.
Didn't think blur and pixelart would ever mix but damn.

nt
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2015, 01:31:47 PM »

I watched your trailer. Wow what an amazing game! I love the artwork and atmosphere.
Hopefully it will be available soon, are you working full time on it?

Thanks! yeah working full time. No release date to announce yet tho

WOW, those blurred forefront pipes in the gif are really working out.
Didn't think blur and pixelart would ever mix but damn.

Yup I had doubts when I thought about it first, but it worked out pretty well I think. It doesn't always work tho so it will be in strategic places only. When it make sense.

Here some more lava (click for full size) :

gereon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2015, 03:57:37 AM »

Lava is nice.
Good to hear you're doing it fulltime. I guess it's a lot of work to do.
I want to play it soon Smiley

Currently working on...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic