Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:42:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIn The Shadows | Now on Steam and GOG!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
Print
Author Topic: In The Shadows | Now on Steam and GOG!  (Read 62597 times)
nt
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2016, 09:31:45 PM »

The Greenlight campaign is over! The game has been greenlit today, after only a week.

Thanks to everyone who voted! I got almost 3000 yes votes for the game, in 7 days, with 70% ratio! I guess it means there is interest for the game!

Just a reminder, you can follow the game on any of these

on Facebook
on Twitter
on Instagram
on the Steam page
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 09:42:40 PM by nt » Logged

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: April 08, 2016, 09:26:04 AM »

The Greenlight campaign is over! The game has been greenlit today, after only a week.
Congrats! Smiley

pankratiev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 08, 2016, 02:03:16 PM »

This looks so cozy and beautiful! I felt particular empathy towards that big shadow monster, when he was panting while backing off from the light Smiley
nt
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 19, 2016, 06:11:56 PM »

Hey guys!

Some updates!

The game demo is getting very good, I keep tweaking it and making super stable and fun for PAXEast this weekend! I hope some of you will  come try it out!

Also, at the same time I started a Kickstarter campaign!

I don't really want this devblog to become a marketing blog, but I feel like I should tell you guys about what is going on with the project!

After the next week or so I will be back full on dev mode and post more about actually making this game. The next few months will be a lot about making puzzle, puzzle logic, fixing bugs, making things prettier!

I have a pretty interesting dev blog I want to write about my creative process, coming next week or so.

cloudgods
Level 0

im j

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: April 19, 2016, 06:15:44 PM »

aaaaa I saw this at GDC, and really wanted to try it out! Every time I swung by though it was occupied. It's very cool to see the development so far, I'm really digging the game's premise and visuals! Good luck with your kickstarter!

nt
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 19, 2016, 06:19:10 PM »

aaaaa I saw this at GDC, and really wanted to try it out! Every time I swung by though it was occupied. It's very cool to see the development so far, I'm really digging the game's premise and visuals! Good luck with your kickstarter!

Hey thanks! sorry about the game being too popular! ; )

I will have two computers running the game at my PAX booth! If you come by I'll make sure you get to try it out : )

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 20, 2016, 03:52:33 AM »

Backed. Best of luck on the campaign! Hopefully PaxEast helps out.

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: April 20, 2016, 08:12:35 AM »

Good luck at PAX East! It's a great conference -- haven't been in two years, but the last time I was there (when working for Ackk Studios), it was a grand adventure. You'll get a LOT of people and players, I assure you.

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
nt
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 23, 2016, 03:25:53 AM »

Thanks for the support guys!

I'm still at PAX, it is going pretty well. There is so many people playing the game. The placement for my booth is really nice, right at a corner, lot's of people walking by.

Also I announced yesterday that In The Shadows will be coming to PS4 and XBox One! I've been dying to tell everyone. The game will still release on steam first and after in 2017 on concole. Considereing i'm doing all this by myself I will need some time to make the ports and make everything work perfectly. Being on console kinda make it feel more serious for some reason.

The kickstarter is slowing down a bit, I'm running out of idea to make it more visible. I hope some press take a look at the game and start talking about it. Everyone who plays the game seam to really enjoy it, I guess I will need to send a demo to the press or something, so they can write a preview piece.

So that's it for today, I'll post when I come back from PAX to write a post mortem!

If you are around this weekend, come by the booth and say hello!

PlayStation blog post : http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/22/in-the-shadows-confirmed-for-ps4-in-2017/

on the PSN : https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/in-the-shadows-ps4/

On their Youtube channel :

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: May 03, 2016, 03:35:27 AM »

It's pretty standard for a campaign to slow down in the middle/2nd half - try not to worry too much about it. I think you're far enough along to get there with a bit of a push at the end.

Also - I'm now a backer Smiley

Good luck with the rest of the campaign!

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: May 03, 2016, 04:06:51 AM »

Backed it in a heartbeat. Cannot wait for this beauty.

orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: May 03, 2016, 04:21:47 AM »

Really good atmosphere in the KS trailer. I've backed you.
I recommend you put some effort into making or acquiring non-SFXR sound effects, since your game does not look like or try to be an old retro game, more realistic sound effects are appropriate. Also, you need to put a link to the Kickstarter in your signature!

Good luck with the game! I can tell you've put a lot of effort into it already(especially the lighting).

nt
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 03, 2016, 03:40:32 PM »

It's pretty standard for a campaign to slow down in the middle/2nd half - try not to worry too much about it. I think you're far enough along to get there with a bit of a push at the end.
Also - I'm now a backer Smiley
Good luck with the rest of the campaign!

Thanks for backing! yeah looking at the stats it slowed down but its still going up slowly. I got more hits after the PS4 blog post. I will make a big push online next week because I don't want to be too spammy.

Backed it in a heartbeat. Cannot wait for this beauty.

Thanks for backing too! : )

Really good atmosphere in the KS trailer. I've backed you.
I recommend you put some effort into making or acquiring non-SFXR sound effects, since your game does not look like or try to be an old retro game, more realistic sound effects are appropriate. Also, you need to put a link to the Kickstarter in your signature!

Good luck with the game! I can tell you've put a lot of effort into it already(especially the lighting).

I'm not sure about the SFX. I might make better ones, but still with a retro feel to it. I wanted to sfx to contrast with the music. We will see. I already have some non chiptune sfx and it might clash a bit.

PAXEast post mortem!

My booth in the bottom right!

So I took some time to write this after coming back from PAX, but I had a lot of paperwork/press and stuff to do last week. Here is a my experience from PAX.

Getting there

I rented a car to go there. I live in Montreal and Boston is around 5 hours away by car. We drove there on Thursday non stop, got there at night, everything was smooth. I had a lot of gear in the trunk and was a bit nervous with customs, but they didn't care much. Three computers, three monitors and a 32 inch TV screen I ended up not using. I didn't know how the TV would fit on the booth and when it was time to test it I realized it was just too big and took way to much space.

I went through here 25 times last year...

PAX Rising

PAX Rising was great. We were 12 devs in a 30x30 feet section, a bit smaller than a regular 10x10 each, but the way they made the tables was a nice setup. Its a shared table with a banner that separate both booth. PAX Rising paid for the banner and table which is nice because I am totally broke. I only got to pay for the space.

PAXEast

So many people at PAXEast. It was really nice, the atmosphere, the people. I never even attended a PAX event before, and now I was in it, showing off my game. It was a really cool experience. A lot more feedback from players, it was a very different experience from GDC. I got a lot of people sign up for the mailing list, which is something new I'm trying, you can actually sign up here if you like Wink I will send newsletters from time to time.

I got to meet a lot of devs I met in other conventions which is nice. I'm so new to this so its nice to see the same faces in different places, I feel like I'm part of something.

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

I officially announced the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One release on the first day of PAX. That also gave me a good push on the Kickstarter the following week. I think it's validating for people to see the game coming officially on console. They know the game is real, it's coming on a console. At least that's how I feel.

Twitch

I had the chance to do a Twitch live broadcast for PAX Live. That was really cool. I had to pitch my game to Rami. I think its my first time to be interviewed on "tv" live. It was a bit stressful but when you talk about something you love you forget people are actually watching you.

Cost

It didn't cost me much really. Gas is really cheap in the US. I got a great deal on the car rental because I know someone who work at the car rental place. Hotel was about 125$ a night, but it was like 25 minutes away from downtown but that was fine. A lot of traffic on Friday but the weekend was pretty smooth. Food was not so expensive, if you think that a baby sized bag of chips at 4$US is cheap. Price at the convention center are NUTS. Bring your own stuff if you are on a budget.

Once again I printed some post cards with info about the game on it and a QR code to the Kickstarter. I gave 600 cards in 3 days, and I was short. There was still 2-3 hours left on Sunday and I didn't have any cards left to give. Post cards are pretty cheap to print. I made them on Vistaprint online.

So I had an awesome experience! Thanks to everyone who came by the booth and played the game. I don't have any events coming any time soon and I am now concentrating on working on the game. I am hoping the Kickstarter works out and that the game gets to be released at the end of this year. I will update more about actual dev stuff from now on Wink
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 03:45:56 PM by nt » Logged

muki
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 04, 2016, 07:26:07 AM »

Article on your game
http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2016/05/03/il-cree-un-jeu-seul-et-signe-avec-playstation-et-xbox-1

I'm also a plateau local! (well, more mile end)

Looks great!
nt
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 04, 2016, 07:30:11 AM »

Article on your game
http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2016/05/03/il-cree-un-jeu-seul-et-signe-avec-playstation-et-xbox-1

I'm also a plateau local! (well, more mile end)

Looks great!

Oh man... I know! I made front page of the local papers, and an article on national paper. So weird.  They talk more about me than the game tho. They like the idea of someone investing everything they own to follow a dream, more than the actual game, but that's alright. more visibility to the game is good!

I got flooded by message this morning : )

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: May 04, 2016, 02:06:34 PM »

Just saw this article on the Journal de mourrial as well. Didn't know you were a local Tongue

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: May 06, 2016, 05:52:15 AM »

Article publicity!!! That's awesome, friend! They may not have covered much of the game, but by focusing on you, the game essentially received just as much press Smiley

Congratulations on all that's taking place! This is a huge success for you, and I commend everything you've accomplished so far. The game is looking great. The platforms of release are all wonderful. I simply love seeing how this game grew from its very start a few years back :D

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
nt
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 11, 2016, 10:04:47 AM »

Just saw this article on the Journal de mourrial as well. Didn't know you were a local Tongue

Ah yeah, I live in Montreal too : )

Some sort of update:

I wrote a first article from a series of articles on my blog about my creative process. I don't think it falls in the Devblog format of TigSource but if people are interested, you can check it out on my blog :

http://www.6502b.com/My_Creative_Process_Part_1-_Telling_a_story_and_filmmaking.html

Since I have a background in film making I thought I could share my path and what brought me to game development. Its the first part of a 3 part series. I always feel weird sharing my experience or thoughts on any subject on the internet, I feel that there is always someone who know what I'm talking about more than myself, but I dont know, people have been asking me a lot about my background, especially when I'm showing the game in convention, so I thought I could share it.

The whole thing is very much about how my brain work when I want to create anything, being multidisciplinary, independent, finding solutions to any problem.

Anyway, check it out, tell me what you guys think!

In other news:

The Kickstarter is at 69% right now, 9 days left, I really hope for a bump near the end. I really didn't post much about it anywhere because I didn't want to spam all over the place, and since I got a constant flow of backer, even tho a bit slow, I thought I could just let it ride for a while. I will share a lot more on the last week.

Help me spread the word about the Kickstarter! Share it, talk about it anywhere Smiley

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: May 11, 2016, 10:51:31 AM »

Based on the Kicktraq chart, your Kickstarter projects has the most even/straight line project I've seen.  Kicktraq's projection is: $11,985 CAD. Wink

You've already done a lot in terms of promotion before KS and that is obvious with the constant flow of people.  Based on other projects I've seen, unless something really unexpected happens, the funding amount should be reached easily - especially with the final bump.   Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

nt
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 12, 2016, 10:47:24 AM »

Based on the Kicktraq chart, your Kickstarter projects has the most even/straight line project I've seen.  

Yeah my curve is very stable for some reason, but still... there is only 8 days left! I don't know where else I could promote.

Just got featured on RockPaperShotgun, I hope it will give me a boost!

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/12/in-the-shadows-wants-to-drive-out-the-darkness/

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic