Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411499 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 09:27:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMighty Retro Zero ( Working on the lab theme - 11 April)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Mighty Retro Zero ( Working on the lab theme - 11 April)  (Read 18234 times)
Thomas_
Level 0

https://twitter.com/DustbowlAGS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2014, 04:00:00 AM »

So few pixels...
So few colors...
So intense...
I follow!

joeyspacerocks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2014, 11:00:57 AM »

Possible R-Type level:

Every time a see a screenshot from this game I wish that I was making it.

Great job!

CrateBoy
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2014, 11:58:17 AM »

You take a cool color palette and you push it to its max... sooo well! I dig it. Seriously can't get over how
much you create with such a small pallete it kills me.. in a great way. :D

matriax
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2014, 12:13:01 AM »

Yeti added to the "Regular/Standard Enemies":

-

Also tomorrow public alpha!! :D
Maurycy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2014, 01:36:44 AM »

Majestic as... something I'd probably get a ban for saying out loud Smiley.

It looks amazing, especially since I've always wanted to make a game like that - fast paced platformer in lo-res with small everything.

Will there be an option to use a sword instead of a gun? Wink
matriax
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2014, 01:41:02 AM »

Majestic as... something I'd probably get a ban for saying out loud Smiley.

It looks amazing, especially since I've always wanted to make a game like that - fast paced platformer in lo-res with small everything.

Will there be an option to use a sword instead of a gun? Wink

Lightsaber is one of the features i want to include on the game, also was requested by other person Wink
James Edward Smith
Level 2

Mover & Shaker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2014, 08:00:02 AM »

I want more clothes that are the colours of your game.

Pike `n Shot  the first pshmup ever made. Twitter:@JamesEdSmith
matriax
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2014, 12:18:23 PM »

Mighty Retro Zero Public alpha released! (v0.10)

Download the Mighty Retro Zero public alpha from @itchio here:
http://kronbits.itch.io/mighty-retro-zero

Hope you like it!

C+C Welcomed!

-
Maurycy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2014, 01:37:10 AM »

My input after completing the current alpha:

- When restarting level the scrolling begins in top-left of the level even if you have checkpointed somewhere else. It would be cool if the scroll was starting on your position
 - There is a bug with the yellow-purple rope you can climb (it looks like snake to me :D) that if sometimes I fall to the head of it I won't be able to climb it until I first jump
 - Also, when climbing if you release up key you fall to the bottom, it's counterintuitive for me and I think it would be better if you stopped at the place where you released the key
 - In the splash screen you hear shooting sound if you hit the fire button
 - If you have the three-shields power-up active and you collect another one, the duration is not reset or increased

Other than that pretty cool and fast paced, although I find it very hard to work with the blocks you can pick-up and throw, but I am pretty sure it's just a matter of getting used to it.
matriax
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2014, 01:44:57 AM »

My input after completing the current alpha:

- When restarting level the scrolling begins in top-left of the level even if you have checkpointed somewhere else. It would be cool if the scroll was starting on your position
 - There is a bug with the yellow-purple rope you can climb (it looks like snake to me :D) that if sometimes I fall to the head of it I won't be able to climb it until I first jump
 - Also, when climbing if you release up key you fall to the bottom, it's counterintuitive for me and I think it would be better if you stopped at the place where you released the key
 - In the splash screen you hear shooting sound if you hit the fire button
 - If you have the three-shields power-up active and you collect another one, the duration is not reset or increased

Other than that pretty cool and fast paced, although I find it very hard to work with the blocks you can pick-up and throw, but I am pretty sure it's just a matter of getting used to it.

Thanks for the feedback, i forgot to mention that i opened yesterday a devlog for the alpha here:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=44100.0

About the three fuels of jetpack i tried and if i get 3 and get another item i get 6 and if i die when starts the number is 0. Or in the case of the checkppoint i start where the numbers of the fuel i had when saved.

You lnow how to reproduce the error you mention?
Maurycy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2014, 02:09:47 AM »

About the three fuels of jetpack i tried and if i get 3 and get another item i get 6 and if i die when starts the number is 0. Or in the case of the checkppoint i start where the numbers of the fuel i had when saved.
I was talking about the shield powerup, the three damaging spheres which encircle you for a few seconds. It had occurred in the Arkanoid stage, I had the shield for a few seconds already, collected another one and it stopped working second later (as if I had not collected it).

Okay, all future feedback I'll include there, sorry!
matriax
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2014, 02:19:50 AM »

I was talking about the shield powerup, the three damaging spheres which encircle you for a few seconds. It had occurred in the Arkanoid stage, I had the shield for a few seconds already, collected another one and it stopped working second later (as if I had not collected it).

Okay, all future feedback I'll include there, sorry!

Ah yes! the shield powerup is not cumulative right! I guess i put 6-8 seconds for items but as you said some times not work properly, i will investigate! thanks! Wink
matriax
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2014, 01:25:13 PM »

New menu for the upcoming alpha:

Hope you like it!
blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2014, 04:33:07 PM »

Hey, played the alpha and enjoyed it quite thoroughly yet I had one distinct issue of the arkanoid stage.

I noticed when shooting up there was this randomly occurring issue where if I let go of the up key and tried to shoot again nothing would happen, usually resulting in my death. If I push either left or right again it was fine however.

Was fun otherwise.

GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2014, 04:46:59 PM »

Wooaahh! This shit looks super intense. The lack of pixels and the bright colours threw me off at first, but after watching the gameplay GIF for a few seconds it clicked. I dig it  Toast Left

Also, lol at the menu(s). I think it would be cool to utilize different levels for the menu with somewhat similar placement of the menu elements as to not confuse the user too much. Or, maybe it's just the same layout but with different themes. Either one would be a very nice touch.

matriax
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2014, 08:35:41 PM »

Hey, played the alpha and enjoyed it quite thoroughly yet I had one distinct issue of the arkanoid stage.

I noticed when shooting up there was this randomly occurring issue where if I let go of the up key and tried to shoot again nothing would happen, usually resulting in my death. If I push either left or right again it was fine however.

Was fun otherwise.

This is solved in the next alpha Wink
matriax
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2014, 12:34:40 AM »

Wooaahh! This shit looks super intense. The lack of pixels and the bright colours threw me off at first, but after watching the gameplay GIF for a few seconds it clicked. I dig it  Toast Left

Also, lol at the menu(s). I think it would be cool to utilize different levels for the menu with somewhat similar placement of the menu elements as to not confuse the user too much. Or, maybe it's just the same layout but with different themes. Either one would be a very nice touch.

Thanks for the comments is a nive idea, i guess i can do something like that, create varios menu frames changing the tiles-themes and use a random to show one or other each time you start the game Wink
matriax
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2014, 10:35:18 AM »

New public Mighty Retro Zero alpha coming.

Alpha 0.11 (Oct 31)
---------------------------

- Improved menus: More simple, clear and beatiful!
- Earlier level with intuitive features learning

- All the player directions seems been solved now(Or major part of them)
- Jetpack fuel disappears when you are at 0.
- Jetpack maximun speed decreased from 200 to 120 (Less chaotic).
- Bloqued the roof of the game to no jump out from the level.
- Improved collisions! (Deleted irregular walls).
- Shoot up corrected while stand in the ground.
- You can shoot down in the air! :D
- Horizontal Portals corrected.
- Solved Bug that make you can't shoot sometimes.
- Now you can up the rope without jump or be in the air.
- No vibration at the top of the rope. When you are in the top the player stops like a platform.
- Deleted the "plane" feature when you press down.
- Initial sound decreased from 100 to 25 for not kill the potential headphone users.
- Added a sign at the end of the level to be more clear the direction to finish the zone.
- ESC added to back to Main Menu. ESC in the Main Menu = end application.
- Improved Gamepad controls/directions.
- Added the text "Fuel" when pick the item.
- Slide/Crawl skill edited. Now you can slide from a stopped position with no speed decrease.

Alpha 0.10 (24 sep)
------------------------
First public release

Meanwhile you can play and find more bugs downloading the previous alpha Tongue
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:30:31 AM by matriax » Logged
matriax
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2014, 11:57:59 AM »

New alpha released! For Windows and Mac! :D . Linux version coming Wink

MightyRetroZero Alpha0.11 released for Windown and Mac! Download at Itchio

Also the Linux version is in process. So if all works well the game will be released for Windows, Mac, Linux, Flash and OUYA :D

If you have Linux you can play the flash version at gamejolt:
http://gamejolt.com/games/platformer/mighty-retro-zero/29923/
matriax
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2014, 12:25:33 AM »

Updated the versions. Added a sprite like an "up arrow" that indicated what movable objetcs can be carried.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic