Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:00:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsJack B. Nimble - Released on Steam (Mac/PC) and iOS
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Jack B. Nimble - Released on Steam (Mac/PC) and iOS  (Read 26179 times)
SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2014, 12:26:08 AM »

Nice, I looove Christmas updates.

Any update on the Android version? I now have access to a large variety of Android devices for testing if you need any help with that Smiley
Good, hopefully it gets approved in time - it's in submission now...

Here's a little update thanks to some TIG feedback!

Regarding Android, I've not had a chance to pick up a device yet - I'll need something to at least develop on and understand the market I'll be working in. I also want to get the next content updates out on iOS first so I don't have to split development across ports, etc. Early next year if all goes to plan Smiley

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2014, 08:47:44 AM »

Regarding Android, I've not had a chance to pick up a device yet - I'll need something to at least develop on and understand the market I'll be working in. I also want to get the next content updates out on iOS first so I don't have to split development across ports, etc. Early next year if all goes to plan Smiley

If you're looking for a good device to get your hands on for development, might I recommend the OnePlus One. It has a lot of developer friendly features, including a built in screen recorder, and the ability to switch between on screen buttons and capacitive buttons. It's rather annoying to get, but it's worth it: https://oneplus.net/

Also, the Moto G is still a great device for the price too.

Have you looked at porting it to Windows Phone? I know those guys are always hurting for a good new game, instead of getting games that have been out for a few years already.

SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2014, 10:54:28 PM »

If you're looking for a good device to get your hands on for development, might I recommend the OnePlus One. It has a lot of developer friendly features, including a built in screen recorder, and the ability to switch between on screen buttons and capacitive buttons. It's rather annoying to get, but it's worth it: https://oneplus.net/

Also, the Moto G is still a great device for the price too.

Have you looked at porting it to Windows Phone? I know those guys are always hurting for a good new game, instead of getting games that have been out for a few years already.
Thanks for the heads up on mobile devices - I'll definitely look into grabbing one in the new year - I was hoping for more of a tablet form factor rather than a phone though.

Regarding Windows 8, I did actually have a version on the store, but Microsoft took it down because they weren't happy with my EULA (I was just using theirs). I'll put it back up and expand the version to mobile too, but in the first month of it being available I had around 5 sales opposed to the 500 I had on iOS... there wasn't much drive to keep working on that platform to be honest  Cry

SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2014, 12:02:07 PM »

The Winter update is now live!

Grab it now for iOS! http://appstore.com/jackbnimble

SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2015, 06:00:56 PM »

Started working on a new level for the next (and probably final) content update!

And I'm just putting this here for reference - I'm thinking of maybe following Jack B. Nimble with a full platformer...

SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2015, 05:35:58 PM »

Beep!

SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2015, 01:01:02 AM »

Jack B. Nimble got featured by Apple on the App Store!

SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2015, 11:41:43 PM »

Some incoming updates...

SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2015, 08:46:46 PM »

Jack in an alternate art style (being threatened by Aiden Pearce, being paid off by Pagan Min)...

SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2015, 10:25:21 PM »

Some quick updates...

I've been a little busy working on this, but the final content update for the iOS version is still coming - I will be getting back to development on it towards the end of the month and plan to release in the months following.

Here's a little video preview until then: https://vine.co/v/O9eV52gUhQU

The Android version is now cancelled - with the game being premium without F2P hooks, there was just no market there for me to make the investment, and I don't want to just throw out an untested messy port.

The Windows 8 version was taken down from the Windows Store due to some of my credentials being out of date - it'll return to the store shortly after the iOS update is completed. This is also the same time frame for the standalone PC/Mac/Linux versions.

Here is another gif showing some progress...

SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2015, 04:00:37 PM »

Another update to the menu...

And a tiny tweak to that...

https://vine.co/v/ejBwDziOEvE

New character footage soon Smiley

Bonus money art... https://vine.co/v/en2jJIpKuX7
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 04:41:35 PM by SeanNoonan » Logged

EvilDingo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2015, 09:51:53 PM »

Happy you went with the paid-only route? I used to released paid versions but the free versions always performed better and I just ended up having to support two versions all the time. So I think from now on, I'll release my games free.

If you get featured, it helps a lot, but if you don't, most paid apps are dead in the water.

I wanted to mention that I think your icon would be much improved without text. No one looks at that icon and thinks, "I wonder what that is? Oh yeah! It's Jack B. Nimble!" Without the text you'd have a more dramatic and interesting icon, in my opinion. There is text under the icon for the name of the app. Your icon needs to draw them in and I think it would do that better if you removed the text and scaled up the character.

SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2015, 12:41:58 PM »

Happy you went with the paid-only route? I used to released paid versions but the free versions always performed better and I just ended up having to support two versions all the time. So I think from now on, I'll release my games free.
Yeah, I'm glad I stuck to my guns on this. I know I could have made a lot more cash from F2P, but to be honest, this is pocket money for my really; all the money just goes back into making more updates/games. If it was my living, then I guess I'd have to look into more viable payment models.

If you get featured, it helps a lot, but if you don't, most paid apps are dead in the water.
I got featured for one of my updates, and it helped a bit, but messing up the launch really hurt early sales and my chances of getting reviews/exposure.

I wanted to mention that I think your icon would be much improved without text. No one looks at that icon and thinks, "I wonder what that is? Oh yeah! It's Jack B. Nimble!" Without the text you'd have a more dramatic and interesting icon, in my opinion. There is text under the icon for the name of the app. Your icon needs to draw them in and I think it would do that better if you removed the text and scaled up the character.
Totally agree, in fact the first two versions of the app didn't have text, the fact that this version does is a mistake if you can believe it, I forgot to hide the text layer of the icon... yeah, I was tired :p

Hope you enjoyed the game Smiley

SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2015, 11:02:40 AM »

I updated the level art for the first two levels...

More later tonight I think Smiley

SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2015, 01:21:29 AM »

New character and some slight updates to the feedback in the third level...

https://vine.co/v/etiEe6L067b

Gonna be doing a big push on the next three levels this coming week. I'd say they're at 90%, 75% and 25% progress so far...

I also realise I never posted the updated intro assets!

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 04:48:29 PM by SeanNoonan » Logged

SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2015, 03:54:48 AM »

I'm a little more settled into my new place now, so I've had a bit more time for Jack. I've mainly been tweaking things rather than creating lots of new content, but it's probably time for me to move on; 50% of my game is pretty highly polished now, but the remaining 50% is barely done.

Need to pull my finger out!

Seen above, my response to the "it's too busy" feedback I'd been getting.

Gonna focus on the 4th level as it's pretty close to completion. One step at a time.

AbsintheGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2015, 07:39:13 AM »

^^ Loving the color here.

SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2015, 09:47:06 AM »

^^ Loving the color here.
It's a theme from one of the boss encounters... but yeah, I'm quite happy with it too.

I'm currently running a little promotion to celebrate Jack B. Nimble being 1 year on the app store!

There are still a couple codes left! https://twitter.com/jackbnimblegame

SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2015, 04:34:38 AM »

Now that the full cast list is completed, I've been working on the menu. I've added a theme selection screen and have started work on an options screen.

Currently the options are only available mid level - this must change!

SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2015, 07:06:03 AM »

I'm still working on things; mainly the front end and options screen. Until I'm ready to show some more, here's a wee article written about the Barry's process when composing music for the game: http://cutscenemedia.com/projects/composing-for-games-jack-b-nimble-pt-1/

Also, we have a tumblr! http://jackbnimble-game.tumblr.com/

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic