Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 06:40:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsStone Story RPG - NOW AVAILABLE
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55
Print
Author Topic: Stone Story RPG - NOW AVAILABLE  (Read 219829 times)
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 31, 2018, 05:04:57 AM »

Not sure if shady hood, or a million creepy eyes
standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 01, 2018, 11:53:12 PM »

Lootmeister Hans - Mushroom Forest Merchant

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: June 02, 2018, 02:02:37 PM »

You manage to create a sense of cloth animation in ASCII.

What the actual ffff.... Waaagh!
standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 09, 2018, 10:08:32 PM »

AaronB
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1004 on: June 10, 2018, 11:07:38 AM »

I like how you change the curvature of the left hand page with the first couple of page flips.  Small things big things make Smiley

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: June 16, 2018, 09:15:15 PM »

Today I made this, and also pushed version 0.8.0 of the beta. Changelist:

New Features
- Added Shop keeper.
- Added Crafting Booklet.

Improvements
- Anvil's second slot +/- buttons now increase the count much faster if dealing with more than 100 copies.
- Increased max item level from 9 stars to 10 stars.
- Optimized various item icons.
- Moved the Mushroom Shop position (in-game) one tile down.
- Exchanged impact VFX between XP Stone and Ki Stone.
- You can now skip the XP dialog with Spacebar or Enter.
- Added a "Stop" button to the "Open All" treasure dialog, so you may suspend the sequence in case of many treasures.

Balance
- Rebalanced Grappling Hook: Damage from 2 to 3; cooldown from 20 to 16; stun duration from 0.8 to 0.6.
- Improved Quarterstaff: Added attack speed scaling of 1 + 1/Lv; cast time reduced from 16 to 14.
- Rebalanced treasure drop probabilities across all locations.
- Treasure pickups are now limited to 150 in your inventory.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug where, if you added too many copies of an item to the Anvil's second slot, you'd get a malformed result.
- Fixed a bug in the Ouroboros where it would sometimes loop to another location.
- Fixed a bug where the Haunted Crypt would not gain a star the first time you defeated Pallas.
- Fixed the Quarterstaff pickup animation which had a 'o' at the tip, looking like a Stone Staff.
- Fixed a bug where, after you craft an item you could see a double details dialog and the scanline could be out of place.
- Fixed a bug where, after crafting, pressing 'x' would hide one window but reveals the new one anyway.
- Fixed a minor problem where the music was not stopping after defeating Xyloalgus or Bolesh, difficulties 4 and 5.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:28:45 AM by standardcombo » Logged

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: June 23, 2018, 11:32:45 PM »

/ )
   /_/
   )/
  ( )
__)´
     _
    //
  _//
_/__/

( \
 \ \
  \( 
  ( )
 __)´
    _   
   | | 
 ┌-┘ ┴-┐
 |-----|
_)_____)

,\
.`/\
\/ (
 `¯\\

/\
      / /
   _.´.´
_.´\ (
\ ´,\/
 \_.´

/\
   _/,´
.-´\( 
`._.´ 

/\
     / /
   _/,´
.-´\(   
`._.´   

/\
     / /
  .-´,´
-´ \( 
 \_.´

/\
     /,´
   _// 
.-´\( 
`._.´   

Version 0.8.1 changes
- Increased scroll wheel sensitivity on Windows
- Fixed a serious issue when trying to combine two high level items and it would sometimes produce bad results.
- Fixed a minor issue in the Bronze Gate where you could spam ESC and it would keep transitioning.
- Fixed a minor issue with the color of the level label in item slots.

Version 0.8.2 changes
Improvements
- Added scroll bar interactions.
- Debuffs applied to characters now appear at the bottom, next to the hitpoints.
- Adjusted Rocky Plateau ☆4 and ☆5 to be faster if you just want to talk to Dysangelos.

Balance
- Reworked Bolesh to have weaker claws and stronger bite. Her bite now applies a damage debuff.
- Scarabs are now immune to ranged weapons and their Hitpoints are reduced from 10 to 8.
- Reduced Mosquito wake-up distance from 21 to 20.
- Adjusted mosquito distributions in Deadwood Canyon☆3.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the Crafting Booklet was showing some items before you actually found them.
- Fixed a minor issue when the Crafting Booklet is drawn on top of badge notifications.
- Minor fix to the Crafting Booklet's first entry (item upgrade) for older players not playing from the beginning.

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 26, 2018, 08:03:56 AM »

This morning I woke up earlier than normal, and summed my thoughts on the fundamental intellectual process behind gambling and video games:
https://twitter.com/standardcombo/status/1011621024972980225

Otherwise, working on combat mechanics. Trying to differentiate melee and ranged strategies more.

Janionano
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: June 26, 2018, 08:24:53 AM »

Holy Ascii code table, that's amazing! Who, Me?
I must play this game!

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 29, 2018, 11:23:22 PM »

Some shield designs.. since I am working on shields.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 30, 2018, 11:06:25 AM »

Finally got to try out the beta on Linux.

The VSync bug is there :/
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: June 30, 2018, 12:02:55 PM »

Also, by accidentally timing a switch between items using the utility belt while the sight stone animation was playing resulted in a permanently inverted screen:

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: June 30, 2018, 12:41:18 PM »

Nice catch.

What's the VSync bug you are seeing ?

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 01, 2018, 12:17:06 AM »

Images in old posts were pointing to three different domains. I just finished the epic task of editing each post to point all image locations to the single domain, StoneStoryRPG.com  Coffee

Can't have a bunch of broken images, can we?

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 01, 2018, 02:06:48 AM »

Having the sight stone animation play again fixes it btw.

The VSync bug is a notoriously underestimated Unity-on-Linux bug that affects 99% of all Unity games out there.

Basically, it ignores VSync settings, resulting in one core being maxed out all the time Waaagh!

For some reason, games that allow for explicitly setting VSync from within the game (Jazzpunk) or through a launcher (Mousecraft) seem unaffected).

This wastes electricity, and wears down my laptop fan + batteries Sad
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 01, 2018, 02:39:31 AM »

I guess you're also already familiar with the weird time-out bug? I happens with all boss fights for me except in the Caves of Fear.

If I press TAB I can see that for some reason, Target becomes either the shovel or the hatchet (which seems to make no sense) and then there is a timer that takes like a minute to end before the player AI does something else again. Opening the inventory and swapping stuff out helps (utility belt doesn't). It can happen before the boss fight (tree), or after (mushroom). In the latter case it is especially annoying, because I can't open the inventory during that animation.

Also, out of curiosity: why can't I load in 16 swords here? It would make the whole fusing process a lot faster.

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 01, 2018, 10:44:41 AM »

I'm glad to finally have some concrete info on the "timeout" bug. Strangely, it never happens to me. Will investigate that data soon.

You can press V + 0 to disable VSync. V + 1 or 2 (double vblank) to enable again. Please try that out and see how the CPU reacts to each option. Currently it is not saving to preferences, but it will eventually and the options screen will have a button for VSync.

Regarding the Anvil +- buttons, the logic in that screen is so damn complicated that I've had to make some cuts just to get it bug-free. It's the perfect example of ridiculous algorithm which is invisible to the player.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 01, 2018, 10:49:23 AM »

You can press V + 0 to disable VSync. V + 1 or 2 (double vblank) to enable again. Please try that out and see how the CPU reacts to each option. Currently it is not saving to preferences, but it will eventually and the options screen will have a button for VSync.
Wow, V+0 actually fixes it! Setting it back to V+1 or V+2 breaks it again. That's counter-intuitive.
standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 01, 2018, 10:55:18 AM »

It sort of makes sense. The CPU has to be slowed down to match the monitor's frame rate. This is probably being done in a bad way on Linux by keeping the CPU busy... every frame. Thankfully tearing is not very visible in Stone Story. Perhaps the correct choice is to have VSync off by default on Linux.

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 01, 2018, 11:10:19 AM »

@JobLeonard if you get the timeout bug again, could you please observe the behavior of the decimal number next to "AI: ON" where it says 0.9239233. Does it keep changing? Or is it static? If you press and release Tab does the number ever change? If it does change, how so?

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic