Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:46:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsStone Story RPG - NOW AVAILABLE
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55
Print
Author Topic: Stone Story RPG - NOW AVAILABLE  (Read 219760 times)
anon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 21, 2019, 08:35:49 AM »

nice game but I still like the game on the phone because more convenient and portable, especially the games in apknite it was attached to my daily life 3 months
standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 13, 2019, 11:17:45 AM »

Big News! Stone Story arrives on August 8 for Windows, Mac and Linux. It will be priced at $19.99, with a launch discount, and available through Steam and Discord stores.

If you've ever wanted to support or help this project, now is your chance: Share the announcement trailer! Game development is challenging, but getting people to know the game exists is the hardest part of all. Know a streamer or youtuber who would enjoy this game? Send them the video. Tell everyone!

It's been a long road--the project completes 5 years this month--but it's not over yet! This Early Access release delivers a stable and awesome game experience, with plenty of replay value, but is short of the ambitious vision I've set out to create. To get there, I look forward to collaborating with the players over the next year, as we add more weapons and boss phases, higher levels of difficulty, new game modes and more.

Huge thanks to everyone who has followed the project this far and contributed with ideas. Even when it's a crazy one, sometimes that transforms into something awesome. Thank you!

Coffee

Post production has been coming along great. The localization system is in place and I'm just waiting for a couple more translations. The stores are all setup (sans OST package I will add today) and we have strategy for launch as well as roadmap of further development for the next year. I'm looking forward to it!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 13, 2019, 01:24:48 PM »

This is the most fun I ever had with a game that basically ran itself, so you got at least one sale out of me Wink

Will share the vid!
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: August 07, 2019, 01:07:08 PM »

ONE MORE DAY AAAAAAAAAAH!
standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: August 07, 2019, 01:13:05 PM »

Yes! Updated the % to 100 =)

Me right now:

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: August 07, 2019, 01:43:06 PM »

Godspeed!

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: August 07, 2019, 01:45:43 PM »

Woahh, congrats and best of luck!!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 07, 2019, 02:01:22 PM »

Do it! I'll be your first sale in the Netherlands! :p
Karlipoppins
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1068 on: August 07, 2019, 08:44:31 PM »

Such an awesome concept, I'm super excited to play this! I'm a sucker for ASCII art and was just in awe with what people were coming up with on BBS DOOR games back in the day. Best of luck on your release, congrats again!!
cykboy
Level 2

ye

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 07, 2019, 08:53:15 PM »

Have been lurking this thread for a while, glad to see it releasing. Good luck!  Toast Right
nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1070 on: August 08, 2019, 07:05:54 AM »

Purchased!

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 08, 2019, 08:16:23 AM »

After 5 years of development, Stone Story RPG is finally ready. Thank you all who followed the project along the years.

I plan to continue improving the game for at least another year, adding more cool features and unlocking greater strategic depth. However, I am not going to maintain this devlog. To keep up with the project and contribute your feedback, join the Discord, follow me on Twitter or keep tabs at /r/StoneStoryRPG. I also do the occasional live-stream when there is a new animation to create. Those are super fun.

One more thing... I will be showing SSRPG at Tokyo Game Show! It's my first time going and I'm not sure what to expect, but it should be interesting!

[/game]

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 08, 2019, 08:28:34 AM »

WOOOHOO! Purchased!
bryku
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1073 on: August 09, 2019, 04:13:48 AM »

Congratulations on the EA release! It's always a great thing to hear about fellow game developer hitting a major milestone in their journey Smiley

Busy working on xcom-like, steampunk/vermintide pixel art strategy game called "Shardpunk".

Devlog | Twitter | Webpage
qMopey
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1074 on: August 09, 2019, 10:44:56 AM »

Purchased, started playing... The Ouroboros Stone seemed to really challenge some assumptions I had about game design! I won't spoil anything, but it was really thought provoking. At the time I was playing with a friend, and it spawned a fun discussion about the philosophy that might have motivated such feature  No No NO
standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: August 09, 2019, 11:21:44 AM »

That's cool to hear. The game has a big theme around automation if you pay attention to the backstory of the Bronze Guardian (with Sight Stone) and after you get the Mind Stone. The Ouroboros is a piece of that puzzle. One of the challenges of this design is that I really wanted each boss to drop a Soulstone that added significant mechanical changes and layered together with the other systems. This way, the game starts very simple and grows in complexity with the player. The Ouroboros abilities, both passive and active mechanics, are two of those unique pieces. If I were to drop a very complex game on your lap from the beginning you would most likely overlook some of the systems and in the worst case it would be an information and decision overload for some players. As to why the Ouroboros does what it does, being able to AFK farm is a proven retention mechanic for games that are not action-oriented. I really wanted to make a more relaxed game that blends actions with cinematics and game systems have a way of just falling into the place where they belong. The game needed the Ouroboros to be complete. The game tells you what's missing when you playtest it.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 09, 2019, 12:33:51 PM »

Yeah, the learning curve is great with this game
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 09, 2019, 12:39:44 PM »

I just got the mind stone.

Oh

My

God
break999
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 30, 2019, 10:29:20 AM »

oi, eu não sei como usar a cartucheira

hi, idk how to use the utility belt

eu li q era ctrl + numeros pra salvar depois numeros pra usar ainda sim n to conseguindo tentei de varias formas kkkkkkkkkk

please help

valeuu
break999
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 30, 2019, 04:14:51 PM »

i think theres something wrong with my ctrl, how do i change de keys for something else? theres is a text somewhere i can edit?

thanks
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic