Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:59:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlSuggestion for improving Indie Brawl project managment
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Suggestion for improving Indie Brawl project managment  (Read 2658 times)
Gravious
Level 2

"Swedish meatballs"

View Profile WWW
« on: January 10, 2009, 08:16:45 PM »

Ok, so I'm not actively involved in, nor do i really want to be involved in the development of Indie Brawl, but i do have an idea that might benefit you.

This is obviously a community project and that's fine, but I've noticed the way the forums work and the way you use them for Indie Brawl make it hard to keep track of stuff easily.  My suggestion is based off personal experience, i do this myself on my own project, even though there are only 3 of us working on it, doing this makes things 20x easier to keep track of and organise.

I am suggesting a wiki.

The mediawiki engine that Wikipedia uses is both free and easy to setup and use, once setup, make pages for each character, the stages, milestones, features and releases, all easy to navigate, easy to update and easy to work as a community from.

There are clever people involved I'm sure someone knows how to do this, but if not, i offer my services in setting up the wiki engine for you all to use.

I'm not suggesting you should stop using the forums, posts here can be information on releases, exciting news, cries for help, whatever, but I'm certain a wiki would be more beneficial for the day-to-day design and organisation.

One day I'll think about doing something to stop procrastinating.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 09:25:10 PM »

http://indiebrawl.co.cc/

Gravious
Level 2

"Swedish meatballs"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 09:28:04 PM »

Haha, fair enough Tongue

I hadn't seen that link before Smiley

One day I'll think about doing something to stop procrastinating.
godsavant
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 05:49:07 PM »

Man, all that buildup, too... Sad
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic