Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 01:06:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Eitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]  (Read 166136 times)
tieTYT
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2014, 10:37:53 PM »

I really like those glowing things in that picture.  Although the picture looks great, it also looks so dark that my eyes would strain if the game is always this dark. 

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2014, 04:00:21 AM »

I really like those glowing things in that picture.  Although the picture looks great, it also looks so dark that my eyes would strain if the game is always this dark.  

Yeah, I understand. I've actually been thinking the same - on my monitors it is fine but because I can't see it on everyone elses monitors I need to be really careful about things being too dark.

With that said, I plan on adding a circle of light around the character in-game, with actual Unity lightning we're having to be very careful because it can end up brighting up the character sprites too much, or leaving them too dark, we're working on getting it to a point where it is more visible for everyone.

I'll post another picture in a day or two of the character with a circle of light in-game with a similar scene to the one I posted above, it would be great if you could let me know if it's better for you!

But for now here's just a version with brightness up;

We do plan on building the game with Unity Pro, so we're going to have access to Brightness & Contrast settings alongside other post-processing effects. Regardless, I do want to fix even these GIF's so that no one is having too much eye squinting problems hah.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 04:09:38 AM by Derity » Logged

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2014, 04:03:25 AM »

Wow, the initial GIF with the fire and the slowly pulsating light looks amazing.

s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2014, 04:43:12 AM »

I'll post another picture in a day or two of the character with a circle of light in-game with a similar scene to the one (...)

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

Scifa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2014, 05:02:07 AM »

Still a little too dark for me

Moth
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2014, 05:11:15 AM »

love the brightness up, it makes it a lot easier to see and appreciate all the details at least on my monitor. Looks fabulous, absolutely love the pixel art.

vmenge
Level 0

Hobnail Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2014, 08:19:33 AM »

Still a little too dark for me

I agree, it doesn't need to be bright but unless you plan on introducing a torch system it seems like the game will be too dark to savour all the awesome art  Concerned

EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2014, 08:24:15 AM »

I want this game in my life
 Hand Money Left WTF Hand Money Right
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2014, 11:43:16 AM »

This looks lovely; nice work!

I got a sword 'n board in mine, as well. Shield maidens unite!
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2014, 07:32:20 AM »

Screenshot Saturday!  Wizard

Been working on the second floor of our Alpha-dungeon! Also made some adjustments to the in-engine lighting.

- Circle of Light Added
- Contrast Enhance
- Bloom Post Processing (This is a little more noticeable whilst moving. Wink)

With all of this said, keep in mind this is actually meant to be a dark area - and there will be brightness and contrast settings in-game that you will be able to play with!  Wink

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 02:40:44 AM by Derity » Logged

s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2014, 07:51:49 AM »

Do you have any tumblr or twitter account with your pixel art/art?

LightEnt
Level 1

Power to the action-platformer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2014, 11:03:30 AM »

Screenshot Saturday!  Wizard

Been working on the second floor of our Alpha-dungeon! Also made some adjustments to the in-engine lighting.

- Circle of Light Added
- Contrast Enhance
- Bloom Post Processing (This is a little more noticeable whilst moving. Wink)

With all of this said, keep in mind this is actually meant to be a dark area - and there will be brightness and contrast settings in-game that you will be able to play with!  Wink

I've never described an ominous dungeon area as "pretty" before. I love the lightning.

~Light

Devlog| Tumblr
ModalModule
Level 0

Composer for hire!! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2014, 11:18:43 AM »

I pm'ed you! Wink

Composer for hire! If you need music, of any kind, email: [email protected]
Current OSTs: http://modalmodule.bandcamp.com
My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/stephan-kalani-seguin
My YouTube:  http://www.youtube.com/user/Kalaniseguin
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2014, 04:52:06 PM »

I've never described an ominous dungeon area as "pretty" before. I love the lightning.

Thank you kindly!  Gentleman

We'll be making a tumblr and twitter soon as we get some gameplay footage out, but every waking moment... at the moment  Durr...?... is being pushed into creating game content haha.

For now though, here's a new addition to the Draugr family!  Cheesy

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 02:41:01 AM by Derity » Logged

s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2014, 01:10:51 AM »

We'll be making a tumblr and twitter soon as we get some gameplay footage out, but every waking moment... at the moment  Durr...?... is being pushed into creating game content haha.

I meant you as an artist. A personal place.

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2014, 01:58:08 AM »

I meant you as an artist. A personal place.

Ah, lol, my portfolio isn't online - Something I've always procrastinated lol Shrug

Aedous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2014, 09:18:01 AM »

So for the past few days we've been working on adding new improvements to the level editor and trying to make the process of creating levels a lot quicker and less painful  Beg

Working in isometric is a lot more tricky than working with a flat surface, had some troubles trying to work my head around that.
Here's some animated gifs of the level editor we are using to make the maps.

Painting the layout

( Sorry about the gif size tried to get it as small as possible, will only upload two of these rather than 3 )

Placing some props

Just a bit more and then lighting things up!

One of the main problems with the old level editor was the time it took to create a simple layout with the floors and the walls to surround it. With what we have now we can spend more time on adding more polish to the levels.

With a bit more time, effort and better planning, the levels turn out a lot nicer than those above  Wink.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 02:53:05 AM by Aedous » Logged

ndke
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2014, 09:28:25 AM »

Great job on the level editor!
Will we be able to make our own levels at some point?
Neeko
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2014, 09:53:13 AM »

Well of course I'm going to love the art style Wink I'm very curious to see how the gameplay feels.

Cool level editor too. 

Currently developing Demons with Shotguns, a 2D competitive platformer arena game.
MindShaft Games
Aedous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2014, 10:00:05 AM »

Great job on the level editor!
Will we be able to make our own levels at some point?
Thanks, there are actually no plans on building a level editor in game at the moment.It is interesting to think about and I don't know how it would fit in, or what it could be translated into, but giving players a choice wouldn't hurt Beer!.

Well of course I'm going to love the art style Wink I'm very curious to see how the gameplay feels.

Cool level editor too.
Thanks Neeko, We hope to show something really soon! A little more bits and bobs and we're nearly there Epileptic

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic