Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:16:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Eitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]  (Read 166317 times)
pikkukatti
Level 1

Team Lead @AncestoryGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2014, 04:51:18 AM »

Looking absolutely stunning and I definitely am a huge fan of lighting effect, it definitely adds a bit more character and atmosphere compared.I'm shaping up to be a huge fan and can't wait to see the trailer, so keep it up, guys! Smiley

Oh and are is Unite presentation going to be recorded? I'm currently working with UE4, but I'm really interested to delve back into Unity and especially into it's new UI system for some little personal projects.

hexdie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2014, 02:33:16 PM »

This looks absolutely fantastic! I honestly can't wait to play this.

outlandishPIXEL
Level 0

Gamerling, pixelation artiste & indie devvy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2014, 06:46:47 AM »

Love the pixels, and anything inspired by Dark Souls is always worth a look. Following!

outlandishPIXEL / Gamerling, pixelation artiste & indie devvy / www.outlandishpixel.com / twitter / youtube
rogberth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2014, 07:47:03 AM »

I've been waiting to see a good 2D game inspired by DS, you have surpass what I could have imagine. Really impressive art and hopefully the gameplay will be as smooth and good as the DS franchise.

Keep up the good work!
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2014, 08:47:10 AM »

Finally!

After weeks of blood, sweat and tears, here it is - our first gameplay video, enjoy...

We really want to start spreading the word now, so show your friends, follow us on twitter, help retweet etc, all help is greatly appreciated!

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:02:22 AM by Derity » Logged

FlukeXP
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2014, 09:11:56 AM »

Watched the whole gameplay video.  I can't wait to play this game. 
You are awesome.
Forsida
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2014, 11:24:03 AM »

It's really beautiful.
Want to try making music for this game.
s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2014, 11:34:56 AM »

Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left

Awesomeness.

Although I must say the dash kind of reminds me more of a sci-fi game than of a dungeon medieval thing.

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2014, 04:02:30 PM »

Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left

Awesomeness.

Although I must say the dash kind of reminds me more of a sci-fi game than of a dungeon medieval thing.

Tears of Joy

James Edward Smith
Level 2

Mover & Shaker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2014, 07:03:01 PM »

The art work in your game is wonderful. I love the overall design of the main character. There is both a beauty and a sort of brutalness to them.

From looking at it and not playing it though, the stiffness and speed of the walking in comparison to how weightless and fast the dash is seems overly disjointed to me. The sort of in-between run speed seemed like a lot more natural default movement but I never saw you moving like that while fighting anything. Also, the only being able to look left and right in what appears to be an iso-metric setting seems a little artificially limiting (Eventhough admittedly, my own game is kind of the same situation, heh). I would suggest you make your levels more horizontal in layout to alleviate this perhaps. I mean, it works for side scrolling beat'em ups and shmups (and pshmups? Well I think so >_>).

Pike `n Shot  the first pshmup ever made. Twitter:@JamesEdSmith
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2014, 04:21:16 AM »

The art work in your game is wonderful. I love the overall design of the main character. There is both a beauty and a sort of brutalness to them.

From looking at it and not playing it though, the stiffness and speed of the walking in comparison to how weightless and fast the dash is seems overly disjointed to me. The sort of in-between run speed seemed like a lot more natural default movement but I never saw you moving like that while fighting anything. Also, the only being able to look left and right in what appears to be an iso-metric setting seems a little artificially limiting (Eventhough admittedly, my own game is kind of the same situation, heh). I would suggest you make your levels more horizontal in layout to alleviate this perhaps. I mean, it works for side scrolling beat'em ups and shmups (and pshmups? Well I think so >_>).

I guess it might be something you need to feel because the movement actually feels pretty solid when you're playing it, it is also something that can be increased by some items and statistics in the game. Movement speeds are something we have been constantly tweaking and will be continuing to adjust as the game develops.

jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2014, 11:32:33 AM »

Wow, this looks great. Can't wait to see where you're going with it. /follow

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2014, 04:04:22 PM »

Wow, this looks great. Can't wait to see where you're going with it. /follow

Ty! We're glad you enjoyed the video!  Wizard

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2014, 09:23:06 PM »

Spent the day working on our site, think it turned out pretty well!  Also, it contains a peice of new art! Well, hello there!

Check it out at eitrthegame.com, what you guys think?  Hand Any Key

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:56:47 PM by Derity » Logged

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2014, 12:44:15 AM »

Nice, I really like it!

pikkukatti
Level 1

Team Lead @AncestoryGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2014, 02:56:46 AM »

Looks really good and definitely one the best tumblr-based sites I've seen. The plain font is a bit dark though and I'm having some readability problems even with a decent work monitor (could be poorly calibrated though), but still I'd make sure it was a bit more readable. Also, the static two color background doesn't work so well for me because it can for example cut the text in half and doesn't follow the posts, if you get what I mean.

Loved the combat teaser though, it's got a great sense of weighty feel, but I could see the walking speed becoming a bit annoying when you have to cover some distance.

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2014, 06:01:29 AM »

Looks really good and definitely one the best tumblr-based sites I've seen. The plain font is a bit dark though and I'm having some readability problems even with a decent work monitor (could be poorly calibrated though), but still I'd make sure it was a bit more readable. Also, the static two color background doesn't work so well for me because it can for example cut the text in half and doesn't follow the posts, if you get what I mean.

Loved the combat teaser though, it's got a great sense of weighty feel, but I could see the walking speed becoming a bit annoying when you have to cover some distance.

Cut the text in half? Any chance you can post a screenshot of the problem you're seeing?

- also, increased the brightness of the body font color
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 06:17:05 AM by Derity » Logged

pikkukatti
Level 1

Team Lead @AncestoryGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2014, 12:31:38 PM »

Cut the text in half? Any chance you can post a screenshot of the problem you're seeing?

Actually for some reason the last time the background was not working like it's now (and should) There were clearly to different almost solid color areas, but it's working just fine right now on my home computer and looks really beautiful. I'll check back tomorrow and report my test on the work computer if it's something to do with the computer setup or if it's fixed over there as well.

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2014, 06:38:10 PM »

Actually for some reason the last time the background was not working like it's now (and should) There were clearly to different almost solid color areas, but it's working just fine right now on my home computer and looks really beautiful. I'll check back tomorrow and report my test on the work computer if it's something to do with the computer setup or if it's fixed over there as well.

Ah cool, we made some adjustments to the background this morning I'm guessing the problem was at the bottom of the screen?

Fervir
Level 4

JustLikeMakeGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2014, 11:18:57 PM »

Just saw the vid.
You guys win at gamedev. Looks great so far.
Very tense and calculated combat. I'm excited to play it

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic