Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 01:41:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Eitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]  (Read 166139 times)
Cristiano Vitorino
« Reply #280 on: April 26, 2015, 03:51:34 PM »

Dat epic loot drop haha : D

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 26, 2015, 08:07:54 PM »

sweet <3
Kinda does look like the loot just magically floats down instead of some more realistic falling though

Yeah, it need some work, I think it's just too slow at the moment, and the loot needs to be less bold colors and more shiny and sparkling - You should've seen it before.  Cheesy

Buzzwerd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: April 26, 2015, 10:26:01 PM »

Oh man, there's loot and everything... goodbye productivity when this comes out. I do think it could look a little better.

All the elements work well together but visually the loot is a little awkward. I think dropping the loot one at a time is a little time consuming, though probably not every enemy is gonna have that fat of a stash. Also the movement of it going upward and out is a little stiff, giving it some easing to imitate a ballistic arc would look more natural. If all the loot dropped at once instead of one at a time, you could also influence it's direction based on the the direction you were facing when you did the final blow, like you bashed the loot out of them, I think that'd give it some extra impact.

Seriously awesome job though, can't wait to see what all the loot does.

deab
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 27, 2015, 03:33:56 AM »

Really like the coloured glow on the loot drops, good job!
blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: April 27, 2015, 07:10:24 AM »

I second what Buzzwerd said. At the moment it kind of looks like it's popping out the mobs' feet, one at a time. I always liked it in diablo when you smack a mob down and a big ol pile of loot would just spew out of it.

The style look you have now though would work well for a treasure chest. I can imagine opening one and shit just spewing out one at a time. I like the sounds of that.

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 27, 2015, 06:35:38 PM »

Oh man, there's loot and everything... goodbye productivity when this comes out. I do think it could look a little better.

All the elements work well together but visually the loot is a little awkward. I think dropping the loot one at a time is a little time consuming, though probably not every enemy is gonna have that fat of a stash. Also the movement of it going upward and out is a little stiff, giving it some easing to imitate a ballistic arc would look more natural. If all the loot dropped at once instead of one at a time, you could also influence it's direction based on the the direction you were facing when you did the final blow, like you bashed the loot out of them, I think that'd give it some extra impact.

Seriously awesome job though, can't wait to see what all the loot does.

Thanks Smiley I agree actually, I think it needs speeding up and I'm not super happy with the look of the loot icons lol. But yeah really only bosses etc would drop this much loot, we just rigged this guy for testing lol. The only problem I'm seeing with making the loot "launch" from the enemy in direction of how you killed it is, what happens when something is behind it... At the moment it checks if there is space on the floor and then just throws it down, but moving loot may need collisions etc.

Will try a few tweaks and see what I can come up with... hmm you have given me an idea though, just have to think of exactly how to make it work..

tupperwarespoon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: April 28, 2015, 11:21:29 PM »

Apparently incredibly awesome pixel art is all the rage.

I love the art direction, I'm curious if the loot will effect the look of the playable character, the simplicity of their look is really cool and was wondering how you were gonna add to it.

Creating a game of this size, in this style is crazy by the way, can't wait to see the finished product

David Jenkinson, Duct Tape Games
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 01, 2015, 12:20:42 PM »

Spending the days working on some new stuff, including this new baby!

Now to actually make some Dual weild attacks... lol

Counting the days till E3.... trailer coming soon!

Wizard

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: May 01, 2015, 12:40:06 PM »

Damn right there's dual wielding! Shields are for suckers anyway.

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: May 01, 2015, 06:22:50 PM »

Spending the days working on some new stuff, including this new baby!

Now to actually make some Dual weild attacks... lol

Counting the days till E3.... trailer coming soon!

Wizard
You're going to be at E3? Did you get picked up by a publisher? Haven't been following the devlog lately

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
TopherPirkl
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: May 01, 2015, 07:12:18 PM »

Oh holy wow, I saw this mentioned on twitter and I rushed over to see if you had a devlog here. It's so much better than I could have imagined.

Sent you a message, btw.

Sound Designer | @phantomfreq | Demo reel
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 02, 2015, 12:19:34 AM »

You're going to be at E3? Did you get picked up by a publisher? Haven't been following the devlog lately

Yesssir!  Grin

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 09, 2015, 09:39:38 AM »

Another improvement based on the feedback we've been getting, new dash!

So far feels great in combat, the old dash won't be removed though, we're likely going to use it still but it will be a skill rather than a just 'Press B' sorta thing, it was totally OP lol.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 02:49:06 PM by Derity » Logged

quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 09, 2015, 07:12:54 PM »

that dash looks fucking gooooooood
benhosac.art
Level 0

'Will manifest demons for coin.'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: May 10, 2015, 12:19:40 AM »

The recent changes look like they're going to add a ton of depth to the game. Moar gifs plz!

Ben Hosac
2D & 3D multi-disciplinary game artist looking for new opportunities!
portfolio | www.benhosac.art
ink & sketches | https://www.instagram.com/benhosac.art
Email me | [email protected]
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 15, 2015, 12:13:11 PM »

that dash looks fucking gooooooood
Thanks! we like it too Smiley.

The recent changes look like they're going to add a ton of depth to the game. Moar gifs plz!
Thank you! there's lots more to come! we've been working on making the water feel more like ... water, so we added some splashes.

It's using Unity's particle system to achieve the splashing around, it even works on the enemies too! "splish" "splash" "splosh" Smiley

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 15, 2015, 12:14:57 PM »

Wow. That looks... really good.

shadiradio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: May 15, 2015, 01:00:36 PM »

Derity - this looks incredible. The quality of the sprites, animations, and attention to detail are impeccable!  Shocked

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 17, 2015, 12:23:32 PM »

Derity - this looks incredible. The quality of the sprites, animations, and attention to detail are impeccable!  Shocked

Thanks man, really appreciate it, gotta be honest we're holding some stuff back lol, new trailer coming soon can't wait to see what you guys think of it :D

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 17, 2015, 06:05:41 PM »

good

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic