Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:06:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Eitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]  (Read 166161 times)
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: May 17, 2015, 11:21:01 PM »

Thanks man, really appreciate it, gotta be honest we're holding some stuff back lol, new trailer coming soon can't wait to see what you guys think of it :D

Oh yeah I'm expecting a lot of great news from you guys, can't wait! Smiley

RujiK
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 18, 2015, 07:43:20 AM »

Man, for sprite based water that looks awesome.

TopherPirkl
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: May 19, 2015, 11:09:35 PM »

Every gif I see, I get more and more excited for this game.

Sound Designer | @phantomfreq | Demo reel
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 01, 2015, 06:14:42 PM »

So we got our flight dates for E3, We're heading out to LA on the 12th - SUPER excited!!  Kiss

Working super hard to get things ready, tying up loose ends and what-not, today I've been adding all of the missing dual wield and dual-wield-lightning-buff frames. Like running, walking, idle....

....such fun.  Sad ...In the future we may de-tatch the character from her weapons but for now we're just doing it the good old fashioned way of whole character sprite replacing.

First Official Trailer coming very soon!  Wizard

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: June 01, 2015, 11:06:21 PM »

Wow good luck with all those animations to update! And this gif is awesome, combats seems really dynamic!

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 02, 2015, 04:06:57 AM »

Wow good luck with all those animations to update! And this gif is awesome, combats seems really dynamic!

Yeah, thanks lol. I've actually almost finished all of em.  Yawn

skaz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: June 02, 2015, 06:38:43 AM »

8 orientations for the sprite, man, I don't know if I respect you or have compassion :p Every single animation is going to be soooo much work...

It looks really nice so far, amazing pixel art. And the gameplay looks like something that might interest me Smiley Keep up!

LOST FORTRESS site! 2d action adventure exploration in an abandoned Dwarf fortress, overrun by weird slug-like creatures.
Superpunky900
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 07, 2015, 03:14:23 AM »

All your new work looks amazing!
The only thing I dont really like 100% is, in those 8 orientation animated sprites, the back ones(4th, 5th 6th). Specifically the hair movement at mid height, it doesnt seem very natural to me. But for the rest, its a great job!
Im sure the trailer will be epic!
Good luck with E3!
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 08, 2015, 12:18:09 AM »

8 orientations for the sprite, man, I don't know if I respect you or have compassion :p Every single animation is going to be soooo much work...

It looks really nice so far, amazing pixel art. And the gameplay looks like something that might interest me Smiley Keep up!

Thanks man, well for combat it's all side-side so the 8 orientations are only for idle/running/walking, etc. It's something we've kept in mind from the beginning, if it were 8 orientations for all animations for her and all enemies, yeah it would've been most likely un-doable by me alone lol.

With that said, we've known from the start that Eitr overall is an ambitious project, but it's something that both of us working on it are literally committing our entire lives to, it's a lot of work yeah, but I think as with all of us game devs here, the real struggle is keeping motivated and disciplined, the workload is rarely ever small!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:29:16 AM by Derity » Logged

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 08, 2015, 12:19:42 AM »

All your new work looks amazing!
The only thing I dont really like 100% is, in those 8 orientation animated sprites, the back ones(4th, 5th 6th). Specifically the hair movement at mid height, it doesnt seem very natural to me. But for the rest, its a great job!
Im sure the trailer will be epic!
Good luck with E3!

Thanks! Yeah I've personally had a problem with those myself... drawing backs never looks as good as front for me lol, might be the hair too - may revisit them someday - only a few days left till E3 so I can't focus the little time left on those unfortunately XD

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 08, 2015, 12:37:29 AM »

Been also finishing up a couple missing death animations today;

Durr...?

Bahototh
Level 1

Design, Pixels & Art

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: June 08, 2015, 12:52:37 AM »

Wow, cool theme and nice pixel work. Her head seems a bit small to me, though.

-----------------------------------------------------
"An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one." ~Charles Horton Cooley
---------------------------------------------------
[Thy Sword] https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=48380.0
skaz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: June 08, 2015, 01:37:56 AM »

Hummm actually your solution is pretty clever. I was thinking of making a prototype with a similar camera, and came to the conclusion that different orientations would make it undoable, with equipment and various characters. But making all attacks sideways sound interesting... Thanks! :p  Gentleman

Keep up! Passion is the most important thing (aside from not doing crap, which is a symptom you obviously are a stranger to).

LOST FORTRESS site! 2d action adventure exploration in an abandoned Dwarf fortress, overrun by weird slug-like creatures.
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: June 15, 2015, 06:37:16 PM »

Congrats on the partnership with Devolver!

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 15, 2015, 07:21:19 PM »

So finally we're here at E3! :D Just watched our game come up on the Sony Press Conference screen!  Gomez

Finally we can reveal we've been published by Devolver Digital and are coming to PC / PS4 first!

aaaaaand here's our first official trailer!  Tears of Joy

Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: June 15, 2015, 08:23:43 PM »

Congratulations for your partnership with Devolver Digital. And also for appearing on the Sony Conference. That's a huge media!

CaLooch
Level 0

lost in thought...

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 15, 2015, 09:55:50 PM »

I was watching the conference today and saw Eitr come up.  I always get excited when I see games on TIG then see them out in the real world   Smiley  gratz on the coverage (and the Devolver partnership)

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 15, 2015, 11:26:05 PM »

Thanks a lot guys, :')

Yeah things are moving so fast, maybe too fast lol  Wizard

We have to let some of the press play the game tomorrow... *gulp*

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: June 15, 2015, 11:35:38 PM »

I was watching the conference today and saw Eitr come up.  I always get excited when I see games on TIG then see them out in the real world   Smiley  gratz on the coverage (and the Devolver partnership)

Same here, each time I see a TIGSource game in the press or discussions on gaming forums about them I get excited! So you can't imagine how much I was excited to see Eitr during the Sony conference! Smiley

dunkelhet
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 16, 2015, 03:10:23 AM »

Congrats on being shown during Sony's E3 press conference! That's huuuge  Gomez Gomez Gomez

Also are there any public details you can share about your partnership with Devolver Digital?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic