Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:01:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20
Print
Author Topic: Eitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]  (Read 166178 times)
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 16, 2015, 05:58:13 AM »

Congrats on being shown during Sony's E3 press conference! That's huuuge  Gomez Gomez Gomez

Also are there any public details you can share about your partnership with Devolver Digital?

Haha yeah, I can't go into the fine details (Hand Money Left Hand Money Right) etc, but we signed with them around the beginning of 2015, we've wanted to announce for a while now as you can imagine but they wanted to "reannounce" Eitr and E3 was always the plan.

Before we got into contact with Devolver, we already were offered funding directly from Sony EU themselves, but the game would've had to have been exclusive to Sony platforms and since Devolver has such a great relationship with Sony, we felt it was the right way for us to go as we really wanted to do a PC+PS4 simultaneous release and we felt that Eitr being our first game and all, we felt that the assistance Devolver offers for developers would be extremely helpful to us, and it really is!

(Contracts are a b***h!)

We're working with 'The Otherworld Agency' to help us bring music / sfx to Eitr, and Fabian who works there got us into contact with Acid Nerve (the guys who made Titan Souls) and they ended up showing our game to Devolver, thats what I believe really got the ball rolling!

It was such an awesome opportunity for us, and it's pretty crazy as from the beginning we wanted to go with Devolver even before they contacted us. :D

Meeting the guys from Hotline Miami, Olli Olli, Crossing Souls, Mother Russia Bleeds, Enter The Gungeon etc has been a crazy experience, they're all great guys / gals!  Beer!

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: June 16, 2015, 06:06:53 AM »

Fabian who works there got us into contact with Acid Nerve (the guys who made Titan Souls) and they ended up showing our game to Devolver, thats what I believe really got the ball rolling!

Ah it's how it works! **wink wink nudge nudge** Wink

dunkelhet
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 16, 2015, 06:21:55 AM »

Thanks so much for your really, really detailed reply  Coffee Coffee I perfectly understand that you can't share the financial details, that can only come from Devolver - which probably doesn't make a lot of sense as AFAIK each of their deals is tailored to the dev and their needs and wouldn't help very much to be shared.

Eitr+Devolver looks like such a good fit and IMHO the choice of PC+PS4 over exclusive PS4 also makes a lot of sense, as you'll gain a lot more visibility as a developer and hopefully sales.

Continued good luck and can't wait to get my hands on your game when it's released Grin Grin
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 16, 2015, 09:59:18 AM »

Congrats!.

And whowever made the E3 trailer is a genius. the transition from Eitr to Mother Russia Bleeds is epic.

Eitr ,Mother Russia Bleeds & Enter The Gungeon are on my list of game to play.
koutetsusteel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: June 16, 2015, 10:14:05 AM »

Really looking forward to this! Can't wait to do a Let's Play haha. Smiley

100% Orange Juice
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 16, 2015, 10:21:45 AM »

I saw the new video and loved it, but I didn't see any footage showing the targeting system. Was it just not shown in the trailer or was it removed from the game?
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 16, 2015, 03:22:26 PM »

I saw the new video and loved it, but I didn't see any footage showing the targeting system. Was it just not shown in the trailer or was it removed from the game?

Thanks Smiley

It's still in the game, we just removed all HUD and things like the target circle, damage numbers, etc from the trailer.

Superpunky900
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 16, 2015, 11:42:50 PM »

Congratulations for the conference appearance, the Devolver publishing and the new trailer!
The trailer is really cool! (The Maiden face near the end of the video made me say "wow")
The point your game being shown in an important conference and having a publisher even when it hasnt reached 50% developement, means that your project is truly great guys! (At least I think so).
lagdog
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 16, 2015, 11:53:01 PM »

grats, and the trailer is fantastic : )

Cristiano Vitorino
« Reply #329 on: June 17, 2015, 01:23:00 PM »

Congrats on the Devolver deal! They seem to be a nice publisher, giving indies a lot of love. Cool trailer and nice spotlight even on the Playstation official YouTube channel!

And thank you for not going platform exclusive and limiting your audience.
The_Otherworld_Agency
Level 0

Making awesome audio for awesome games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: June 18, 2015, 10:36:44 AM »

We're working with 'The Otherworld Agency' to help us bring music / sfx to Eitr, and Fabian who works there got us into contact with Acid Nerve (the guys who made Titan Souls) and they ended up showing our game to Devolver, thats what I believe really got the ball rolling!

Beer! xoxo

~The Otherworld Agency~
www.theotherworldagency.com
A global team of 30+ composers and sound designers
Creds: Eitr, Crossy Road, Tiny Wizard, PAC-MAN 256, Hacknet
Dehell
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 19, 2015, 03:58:51 AM »

Hey there ! Very happy to see that partnership coming, really a huge boost for you guys ! I was spam-tweeting for Eitr during the conf while everyone was crazy about that FF VII remake :p
I'm glad I could interview you before you became famous Wink

Just saw a 5 min gameplay video on Gamespot (link), was really great. The music and ambient sounds, wow, really an impressive and immersive work. I was kinda worried regarding the brightness of the screen, though. Througout the entire video I was thinking "how wdoes he know were to go ?". Was a bit weird, also because of the fact it might not highlight your great art style. I mean, we can't really enjoy your work on the visuals since it all felt so dark. Maybe it was because of the video capture, but it really bugged me.

Still pretty excited for the game, though, looking forward for more news and a hands-on on this baby <3
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 04:04:22 AM by Dehell » Logged
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 19, 2015, 07:28:36 AM »

Beer! xoxo

Love you fabo!  Evil

Hey there ! Very happy to see that partnership coming, really a huge boost for you guys ! I was spam-tweeting for Eitr during the conf while everyone was crazy about that FF VII remake :p
I'm glad I could interview you before you became famous Wink

Just saw a 5 min gameplay video on Gamespot (link), was really great. The music and ambient sounds, wow, really an impressive and immersive work. I was kinda worried regarding the brightness of the screen, though. Througout the entire video I was thinking "how wdoes he know were to go ?". Was a bit weird, also because of the fact it might not highlight your great art style. I mean, we can't really enjoy your work on the visuals since it all felt so dark. Maybe it was because of the video capture, but it really bugged me.

Still pretty excited for the game, though, looking forward for more news and a hands-on on this baby <3

Yeah, I don't know why that video is so dark lol, the screen we were playing the game on was much brighter. Also, we had to put it on 1080p for them which made it zoom out a lot, usually we run the game at 720p which looks much better IMO.

Will see if I can record some gameplay myself and upload so you can see how it is actually meant to look.

Mark Mayers
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: June 25, 2015, 01:04:10 PM »

I came across this today, for some reason I've never seen it before.

Love the concept, the trailer looks fantastic too. Congrats on E3!

Desolus Twitter: @DesolusDev Website: http://www.desolus.com DevLog: On TIG!
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 27, 2015, 06:12:15 PM »

So, we've been resting up after our return from LA! 11:30 Hour flight is um... tiresome!

We're already back to work, we've actually decided to upgrade our website for Eitr, so we're building that at the moment, should be up within the next few days. We'll be keeping the Tumblr page, but it'll be a "Blog" link off of the new site.

We also got our hands on an N-Vidia Shield (Android) and we're trying to port the game onto the system, theres a few kinks but mostly controller issues, so it looks quite promising that Eitr will make it to Android systems!

Thought I'd take a moment to write a little about our new Favor System, that journalists seem to keep writing about, and sometimes misinterpreting...  Wizard

So! The Favor system is our Leveling up system in Eitr, as you kill bosses, find hidden treasure and complete objectives, you will find or be rewarded with Favor.

Favor gives you boosts to your statistics, higher than the boosts you can get from regular Levels. Players can decide to either hold onto Favor or exchange Favor for Levels. The highest statistical possible character in Eitr will be Level 1, Favor 99.

Holding onto Favor makes you more powerful, however, dying whilst holding Favor, results in all Favor being lost.

Players who want to risk it all can save up Favor and players who want to play it safe can trade in Favor for permanent Levels, or if you want a bit of both worlds, you can hold onto some Favor whilst trade some in.

The statistics gained from Leveling up are points you can manually distribute, points from Favor cannot be manually distributed, however you will be able to prey at various statues, and each statue will change the type of bonus you gain from Favor. (High STR / High DEX / Hybrid / Etc.)

An experienced player will have a lot of favor, but trade some Favor points in for Levels so they can distribute some points to make the exact build they want, whilst retaining a high stat pool.

-------------------

So that is pretty much the Favor System in a nutshell, Think of this like a "Hardcore" or "Permadeath" system on the fly!  Evil

SrGrafo
Level 0

Artist / Animator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: June 27, 2015, 06:55:02 PM »

its an interesting concept this thing of the favor  Beer!

this game keeps getting better and better

I was looking at that last image and wondering, what is Bravery or Valor for?

I kind of get the idea of the others cause well rpg games but cant imagine those 2 stats, or are they like requirement stats that the player has top to use certain items or what do they do?

Gentleman

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 27, 2015, 08:30:28 PM »

its an interesting concept this thing of the favor  Beer!

this game keeps getting better and better

I was looking at that last image and wondering, what is Bravery or Valor for?

I kind of get the idea of the others cause well rpg games but cant imagine those 2 stats, or are they like requirement stats that the player has top to use certain items or what do they do?

Gentleman

Thanks man!  Toast Left

Well we're going to have a sort of "charge" system when it comes to skills, so you don't have mana, but you power up skills in combat to use them and these two stats will have an effect on your charges.

Bravery will determine your maximum charges, and Valor will determine the rate at which you gain charges.

SrGrafo
Level 0

Artist / Animator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: June 27, 2015, 10:21:53 PM »

oh oks, sounds good, now I can see a similarity with the darksouls use of spells (slots)

was watching the vids and interviews, you guys are doing amazing, cant wait for this to be in the store man  Beer!

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 01, 2015, 12:29:36 AM »

Just hit 5000 twitter followers :D, said I'd post a screenshot of whatever I'm working on when it hits 5000, so right now I'm working on cutscene art for one of our bosses so at our next gameshow theres a bit more build up to the boss fight!  Evil

Still a work in progress, requires some moar pixel refining and still missing an arm, rofl. But I said I'd post so meh!  Beer!

Chris MacAdam
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 01, 2015, 07:51:20 AM »

Just hit 5000 twitter followers :D, said I'd post a screenshot of whatever I'm working on when it hits 5000, so right now I'm working on cutscene art for one of our bosses so at our next gameshow theres a bit more build up to the boss fight!  Evil

Still a work in progress, requires some moar pixel refining and still missing an arm, rofl. But I said I'd post so meh!  Beer!

Wow that looks so cool! I love everything you are doing with this game.
EDIT: quoted because it got paged..

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic