Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 06:11:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20
Print
Author Topic: Eitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]  (Read 166182 times)
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 01, 2015, 11:55:21 AM »

Just hit 5000 twitter followers :D, said I'd post a screenshot of whatever I'm working on when it hits 5000, so right now I'm working on cutscene art for one of our bosses so at our next gameshow theres a bit more build up to the boss fight!  Evil

Still a work in progress, requires some moar pixel refining and still missing an arm, rofl. But I said I'd post so meh!  Beer!

Wow that looks so cool! I love everything you are doing with this game.
EDIT: quoted because it got paged..

Page 18 HYPE! Hah
Thanks though man!  Tongue

Superpunky900
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 05, 2015, 10:59:26 AM »

Wow that Favor system seems pretty simple but at the same time will make possible quite challenging gameplays if you like that. I like the idea very much. Maybe some bonuses at rounded favor values could be kind of a "prize" for being so "hardcore" (as for example, 20 favor +2% Hp, 50 favor +1% dmg, 80 favor idunnolol). Althought that may break the "hardcore" and the challenge... Just giving ideas that cross my mind.

That boss art will sure be impressive when finished, its so cool as you posted it! Smiley
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: July 05, 2015, 11:21:51 AM »

The boss art looks good, although I think the bright white on the ribs is too much for the lighting used (and the bone material), and distracts a little from the rest of the image. Smiley
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 09, 2015, 04:58:01 PM »

Wow that Favor system seems pretty simple but at the same time will make possible quite challenging gameplays if you like that. I like the idea very much. Maybe some bonuses at rounded favor values could be kind of a "prize" for being so "hardcore" (as for example, 20 favor +2% Hp, 50 favor +1% dmg, 80 favor idunnolol). Althought that may break the "hardcore" and the challenge... Just giving ideas that cross my mind.

That boss art will sure be impressive when finished, its so cool as you posted it! Smiley

Yeah, this has already crossed my mind about having milestone favor values where you get bigger boosts, making saving up more favor more desirable yet also more risky Tongue

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 09, 2015, 05:10:54 PM »

Also, I'd like to talk a little about our music composer!

For music in Eitr, we're working with Cedric Baravaglio, we actually got contact with him through this forum quite a while ago, he works through a company called Otherworld Agency (http://theotherworldagency.com/) and as soon as we heard his music it fit exactly what we wanted and we knew from that moment that he would be our guy.

He has an awesome talent with orchestral music and happens to be a huge Viking fan, he even looks like a Viking in real life, beard included!

He composed the music for our E3 trailer and is currently working on some other tracks for the Eitr soundtrack.

Devolver just uploaded our trailer theme song "Infectious" to their Sound Cloud page, here it is:
https://soundcloud.com/devolverdigital/eitr-infectious

Eitr will have an OST released alongside the game, and probably come with a special edition version, etc. We're trying to get Wardruna (the guys who do the music for the Vikings TV show) to do a collab with Cedric, it may happen! But no solid announcements yet, fingers crossed though!  Beg

Bluebutton
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: July 10, 2015, 04:14:18 AM »

The music is awesome, which matches the rest of the game.

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 10, 2015, 06:29:10 PM »

New website is up!  Evil
www.eitrthegame.com

JacobJ-
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: July 19, 2015, 06:30:23 AM »

Man you guys have been killing it lately, congrats! Definitely deserve it.

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: July 19, 2015, 06:31:53 AM »

Love the social media icons!

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 19, 2015, 09:25:51 PM »

Love the social media icons!

Haha.. glad someone appreciates the work I put into them.  Tears of Joy

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 19, 2015, 09:28:36 PM »

Man you guys have been killing it lately, congrats! Definitely deserve it.

Ooo thanks man, I knew the name of your game ringed a bell, I remember your wild Kickstarter campaign! Hahaha!  Wizard

junior_ttm
« Reply #351 on: July 31, 2015, 02:52:23 PM »

I like this!
I like this!!
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 06, 2015, 02:28:16 PM »

So we're at Gamescom and today this happend:

Who, Me? Who, Me? Who, Me?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 02:10:44 AM by Derity » Logged

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: August 06, 2015, 11:36:24 PM »

Congratulations! Smiley
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 09, 2015, 02:10:11 AM »

So just wanted to post this too, we got invited to IGN's spot over at Gamescom and got to do a live-stream of Eitr, which was hosted by Max Scoville!

It was really overwhelming being in there, I myself being a huge IGN fan - I recognised quite a few of the guys in there and they seemed like genuinely nice people. Tobi Harper (Aedous) the programmer of Eitr, is the guy in the video talking about the game. I was playing the game off-camera, which I was actually quite happy about because I thought I would be up on stage too, I'm camera shy...  Embarrassed lol  Embarrassed

All in all it was really a great experience and can't wait to hopefully do more with IGN in the future!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 09:36:18 AM by Derity » Logged

MrHelmut
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: August 09, 2015, 03:47:22 AM »

That must feel great to see your game on IGN, congrats. Smiley I've been lurking in the business area up until Thursday, I wish I could get my hands on Eitr. It seems that the Devolver booth was full of cool stuff.

ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: August 09, 2015, 06:48:40 AM »

following this beauty

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 09, 2015, 09:34:56 AM »

That must feel great to see your game on IGN, congrats. Smiley I've been lurking in the business area up until Thursday, I wish I could get my hands on Eitr. It seems that the Devolver booth was full of cool stuff.

Thanks! Should've came over! We were there the entire time it was running, apart from a 30 minute period when I got to try Dark Souls 3, hehe.  Well, hello there!

Shipright
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 03, 2015, 07:22:46 AM »

Do you guys have any plans to put any of your assets up on the Unity Asset Store? I bet items like your map builder and water splash effects would be hot sellers.
Aedous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 11, 2015, 06:51:55 AM »

Do you guys have any plans to put any of your assets up on the Unity Asset Store? I bet items like your map builder and water splash effects would be hot sellers.
No plans just yet, kinda feel like the code is specific to the game, so won't be much help to others. I do actually want to strip things down and get them working more freely and maybe hopefully then put them up on the Asset Store Smiley.

For now though... it's just way too messy Cry

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic