Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:36:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
Print
Author Topic: Eitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]  (Read 166155 times)
doliveira87
Level 0

Hakuna matata

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: September 15, 2015, 06:47:52 AM »

This game looks gorgeous!
Can't wait to put my hands on it!

Currently working on: Mana Spark
@doliveira87
Excy
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 23, 2015, 01:21:17 AM »

Been following since the first few posts. I'm a massive pixel art fan, massive Diablo fan and massive gritty/gothic/gore style fan and you're hitting all the right spots. Your art is absolutely gorgeous. I can not wait to play this.

{VeTeR}
Level 0

The Dark Matter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: September 23, 2015, 01:39:31 AM »

Looks very darkish and tasty. Any playtests, beta in plans? Smiley

MaartnBoot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: September 23, 2015, 07:03:10 AM »

Very well animated! Looks gorgeous :D
droxon
« Reply #364 on: September 23, 2015, 07:45:58 AM »

Wow, this looks very impressive!
Araielle
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 25, 2015, 02:44:43 PM »

Hey there! I just wanted to drop a comment to let you know that I love following you guys and your game. It is absolutely wonderful. It looks amazing- beautiful, fun & challenging. I'm eager to see future updates. I'm curious if any type of art book will be available along with the game. I could totally go for a shield maiden figurine as well.

I started from page one and read the whole thread. I got more excited each page. The art is amazing. I love the style and ideas you guys have. The gif where she is standing in water and you added the splash effects had me giddy, as did the Favor!  The combat looks like a ton of fun. I am really glad you added the targeting and other weapon combos!

Anyway, I don't want to make my post TOO long haha. I'm just a bit excited. I can't wait to get my hands on this game already. Thank you for all your hard work & updates!  Kiss
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 23, 2015, 11:45:44 AM »

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words again, also apologies for not posting here for a while, we've had our heads down working haha.  Shrug

We're going to PlayStation Experience in December! Got the game running smooth on PS4, so if anyone is gonna be there, let us know and we can meet up!  Evil

Here's a few more GIF's I forgot to post.. Smiley

- Two Handed Swords :D

- Demonstrating i-frames for dodging!

- Finally made Levers.. Smiley

Aedous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 30, 2015, 04:19:40 PM »

Just some Unity technical things that I wanted to put up here, for those who may be interested! Gentleman

Attributes
I did some heavy rewriting of the attributes system using this post as reference http://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/tutorials/using-the-composite-design-pattern-for-an-rpg-attributes-system--gamedev-243. This helped eliminate the flaws in the old system and generally improved the workflow of attributes in the game. It's allowed us to clearly see the affects of stats on a character when modifiers are used on the character, whether it's a stat increase/decrease or a buff/debuff.

It uses a scriptable object to store all the values, and each stat has a range of values to select from to determine it's properties. The values at the top give us the final result of what the main attributes will be

I then use a separate class which glues it all together, just to make sure everything is managed properly and works together. I think this also opens the ability to have the enemies also have bonus stats applied to them.. hmm.

Items and Modifiers
There has been a few modifications to the items and how they work, we're now using Interfaces to determine the type of item it is. It was generally to remove duplicate code and also to make sure that creating new types of items was much easier. It was also to improve the way modifiers were used on items. The reason for this is because we figured that most modifiers will be used in multiple places, so wanted to keep the general structure of things the same. So now some items have a class 'Premademod' which holds a value and then a modifier that goes along with it. Modifiers now have their own unique behaviours and take their values from the 'Premademod' class which is proving to work quite well!

The modifiers are used in the PremadeMods section. Some use values and some don't, it really is dependant on the modifier that is being used.​

This means that I can create different types of modifiers with different behaviours and attach them to anything that knows how to read a modifier Cheesy. Hopefully this will speed up the process of creating different types of modifiers.
The only issue I'm having at the moment is trying to figure out a way to create Action based modifiers, what I mean is basically instead of just having modifiers that alter your stats, we would have modifiers that also modify the behaviour of your character, for example "% chance to nullify back damage", but hopefully with this new system I should be able to do so, as long as the character can send out certain "Events" when something happens.

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 20, 2015, 09:25:11 AM »

Haven't posted in a little while, apologies.

Anyway, we attended PSX and got some awesome feedback from the community, all these gameshows are so tiring, haha. We now have 4 before our next gameshow (PAX East) so now we can buckle down and concentrate on building the game more.

We're working non stop as usual, so I rarely get time to post and deal with our social media channels but I did take a moment to post this today on our twitter, etc:

Here's a larger image of the statue, I made it yesterday and it took roughly... the whole day rofl.  WTF

I'm happy with the result though. (The contrast of the art has been adjusted ingame) Gomez

looter
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 23, 2016, 07:48:37 PM »

This game looks incredible, amazing work.
Theiresias
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 24, 2016, 10:13:27 AM »

I think you are onto something here. I was hoping for basically a skill based Diablo 1 for a long time. I think the setting has great potential. You should look into Wagner's Ring des Nibelungen for boss music! Prelude to act 1 Walküre and act 3 Siegfried are epic.

Best of luck!!
Going_Merry
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 03, 2016, 01:15:06 AM »

Stunning! Really love it, it's so detailed and I love the animations! Amazing! Keep up the good stuff!
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 11, 2016, 04:34:39 AM »

So someone just linked your song on a language group on Facebook...

https://soundcloud.com/devolverdigital/eitr-infectious

This one. They asked whether anybody could parse the lyrics for them, so I gave it a few listens...

What language is it supposed to be? I know 'eitr' is Old Norse, but the song doesn't sound like it. If it is, it's definitely mispronounced. Then I suddenly feel like I'm hearing 'fhtagn' from Cthulhu stuff in there. Huh? My other option would be Norwegian, but if it's that it sounds odd too. There seems to be an odd mix of trilled and guttural rhotics as well. There are Scandinavian dialects like that (including my own) but it doesn't seem to match any existing pattern that I'm familiar with.

I can't make out any coherent sentences no matter what language I try to hear it as. Would you please enlighten me? Tongue

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: February 11, 2016, 04:40:46 AM »

I love the animations in this, particularly the little touches like the way the grass moves and the particle effects.

So good.

Also, red haired protagonists are the best protagonists  Wink

pankratiev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 08, 2016, 02:13:06 PM »

Whoa, I remember seeing a trailer of yours a while ago, and now I finally came up on your devlog! Definitely have a weak spot for nordic grim aesthetics. Best of luck guys!
Daepher
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: April 30, 2016, 10:24:27 AM »

This game looks amazing, I love to see this kind of stuff. I get proud of people I don't even know lol Good job guys!

I wanted to ask you about the character animations and its relation with different weapons. How do you do it? It's different sprites for every combination (one with sword and shield, one for arrow and bow, one for axe and shield, etc) or it's only the shield maiden's sprite combined with a different layer for the weapons? (Something like a shadow sprite would work) Can you explain a little bit? I want to know what's probably best to do when I have several different weapons.

Thank you in advance!
Aedous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 23, 2016, 05:13:24 PM »

Thanks for the compliments guys! Grin

I wanted to ask you about the character animations and its relation with different weapons. How do you do it? It's different sprites for every combination (one with sword and shield, one for arrow and bow, one for axe and shield, etc) or it's only the shield maiden's sprite combined with a different layer for the weapons? (Something like a shadow sprite would work) Can you explain a little bit? I want to know what's probably best to do when I have several different weapons.
Thank you in advance!
Hey! the shield maiden is a collection of different sets of sprites with the weapons attached to her on the sprite sheet. So each set of weapons has it's own animation. We are looking to do some palette swapping to show the difference between different equips, but if you're looking for some advice, it would be best to separate the weapons from the character so you are able to just place it on top of the character. Hope that helps  Coffee

Just to give you guys an update, it's been a while so let's just get going...

First off we hit 10,000 followers on Twitter, which was pretty cool! Thank you all for the support! Grin

Saving and Loading
Finally got a custom save solution working with JSON. I'm using the new JSON tool that comes with Unity, and so far I've seen no main issues with it, and seems to work pretty fast. There needs to be some more optimization on my side but so far it does what it needs to do YAY! Smiley

Leveling and Favor Distribution
The leveling system has now been built in, including the main bulk of all the editable stats in the game. It's allowed us to get a clear idea of what leveling up feels like. It's also given us a clear direction on how stats will be distributed.

Default Stat Window

Manipulating your stats with favor points

Another manipulation but this time showing the negative difference

Gaining favor from enemies has also been implemented which works in tangent with our Alignment system. What is an Alignment? well.. it's an item that you equip, once equipped it will grant you a set of boosts to your stats, but also have a penalty that comes with it. So far, so good, these will be main our main penalty / reward system that uses favor as a catalyst. We're hoping to include some more as we go along, here's some screenshots that probably help explain it better.

Procedural Generator
Finally adding some extra bits to the level generator, even though I've only just added some extras today but I'm glad that the bulk of it was done quite a while ago, and now it's just beefing up the tool set. So glad that we could potentially have some procedural generated maps into the game!

Procedural Sample 1

Procedural Sample 2

Procedural Sample 3

Hoping to add more branching rooms off the paths so you don't always get that straight left to right path, but rather some offset paths that come out of rooms.

I've also been spending a lot of time on building my own tool sets for Unity, it's now become necessary as part of my workflow to have a custom inspector or a custom window. I created a sort of "Node" editor to help assist in creating a template for particular layouts, luckily this same system was compatible with the Procedural Maps and also the Procedural Skill Trees :D. Each number represents a shape, each number can also be connected to each other to make different combinations.

Skill Trees
Got skill trees implemented into the game as well, which are procedural generated with every Amulet you pick up. This is probably not going to be the final way it looks, but it seems to be working quite well. All images below represent different shapes that can be produced for a skill tree. Each circular point represents a different type of stat benefit, HP Increase, Stamina Increase, Axe Damage, Defence Increase etc.

Think that's it, there is some more stuff, but I don't think I could provide some screenshots for them, so will save them to later!  Wink

Oscar Blomqvist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #377 on: May 24, 2016, 12:27:15 AM »

I'm really hyped for this game, it is just awesome  Smiley

Jefferson
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 01, 2016, 09:26:50 AM »

Can't wait for release, the concept and art are just amazing and the work seems tremendous.
Do you have an estimated launchtime yet ?
Why not making the PSX Vaati Vidya demo public ? i'd love to give it a try !
Gleade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 12, 2017, 10:00:56 PM »

Sorry for necro, however; Whatever did happen to this game?

Find my game Dire on:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic