Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:14:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsZombie Night Terror
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Zombie Night Terror  (Read 30268 times)
IGorGe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2014, 12:22:37 AM »

you mean with veins that rupture and spurts of blood ? Good idea . Maybe i ll make it Smiley

I WANT AN EXTRA FRAME BEFORE THE EXPLODING WHERE ALL THE BULGES INCREASE BEYOND THE POINT OF STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2014, 01:14:40 AM »

Really nice project! If I may ask, how many people is working on it? It's a full time job or you're working on it on your spare time?

karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2014, 01:25:27 AM »

This looks amazing, definitely following!
Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2014, 03:12:59 AM »

I couldn't resist.

I also added initial spurts of even faster blood. I imagine he's got a crazy gas build up which would imply that the initial outbursts would be very high velocity
IGorGe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2014, 04:14:44 AM »

Haha great!
It's true that it looks more powerfull like this. I love it. I think we will use particules in the game or maybe a mix of both style.
Where can I see your work?

I couldn't resist.

I also added initial spurts of even faster blood. I imagine he's got a crazy gas build up which would imply that the initial outbursts would be very high velocity
IGorGe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2014, 04:40:44 AM »

Thanks a lot.

On this project we are three person full time .
karl on design (me) , Jerome and Hugo on development.
One of us is working on his spare time : Jon, our shader and specials effecs maker.

Our musicien christophe https://www.google.fr/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=carbohydromusic

At first, me and jon had planed to do a kickstarter. Then Hugo and Jerome came in, So we just started the project. Kickstarter is already on our mind but it's not a simple task. maybe later.

Really nice project! If I may ask, how many people is working on it? It's a full time job or you're working on it on your spare time?
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2014, 05:03:40 AM »

Thanks for the answer! It's really promising, and all the marketing work done so far with the website gives a profesionnal feeling, doing a KS campaign should be easy with all this material! Wink But yeah it may wait, it can be a good way to build a community and greenlit (if it still exists) the game when you'll be closer to the release.

LichiMan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2014, 06:10:50 AM »

As you can noticed, on the fist plan, the pixel are doubled to increase the sense of depth.

Noticed it immediately (looked at the picture before reading), but in a negative way: the background looked very sharp in contrast to the big pixels in the foreground and it did not increase the sense of depths but felt wrong. Sad

It works great to me. It gives me the sense of depth and I think it's a clever way of using pixel art that I've never seen before. I like it a lot.
IGorGe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2014, 04:42:45 AM »

Now i 'm working on inside backgrounds.
I take care of having low contrast in the scenery, so that the characters are clearly visible

HyperHype
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2014, 08:35:26 AM »

This looks amazing! I love art and black and white pixel art style looks like a 50s film! Just awesome guys! I will follow this project Gentleman
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2014, 10:51:24 AM »

Great stuff!
I'm not a fan of the mixed resolutions though, I think the effect is the opposite of your intention.
It looks like the backgrounds are in focus and the foreground is out of focus.

Sirowl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2014, 02:20:28 PM »

This looks incredible! Usually I don't like pixel art that much, but yours looks absolutely amazing. Even more in combination with that awesomely smooth animations!
I also like the fact that the human AI doesn't seem to be zombie-like at all (using hit & run tactics like a real player would do!)

Do you use any other Unity plugins?

Any plans for a demo/early access or do you want to release it when it's done?

HIVE21 [Squad-based Tactic]
Devlog | Website | Twitter
outlandishPIXEL
Level 0

Gamerling, pixelation artiste & indie devvy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2014, 01:11:51 PM »

Love the zombie animations!

outlandishPIXEL / Gamerling, pixelation artiste & indie devvy / www.outlandishpixel.com / twitter / youtube
IGorGe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2014, 07:10:28 AM »

You are the second person saying that. So i tryed to have the same resolution for both plan ingame. But i was not quite satisfied so i return to a mixed resolution. Ingame you have a zoom available and a paralaxe system.

Great stuff!
I'm not a fan of the mixed resolutions though, I think the effect is the opposite of your intention.
It looks like the backgrounds are in focus and the foreground is out of focus.
IGorGe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2014, 09:20:10 AM »

thanks a lot !

about the AI:
each human have differents trigger aeras.
- vision range
- attack range
- danger zonne : if a zombie enter it, the human will run away
Vision range is usually bigger than attack range, so some characters will move to attack range and hit a zombie.
So here are the basics of the AI, but we are still working on it. We want to have a warning behavior between humans. that means  if a human spot a zombie, he will alert his friends from danger.( and it means new animations for that)

We are currently using to unity plugins: 2dtoolkit and rotorz for the tile system.

This looks incredible! Usually I don't like pixel art that much, but yours looks absolutely amazing. Even more in combination with that awesomely smooth animations!
I also like the fact that the human AI doesn't seem to be zombie-like at all (using hit & run tactics like a real player would do!)

Do you use any other Unity plugins?

Any plans for a demo/early access or do you want to release it when it's done?
Voltz.Supreme
Level 3

Iron Synth Chef & Voltage Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2014, 05:05:52 PM »

This looks incredible!
Based on the trailer I'm guessing you've got music sorted? Would be nice to have something more interesting and cinematic. Concerned

IGorGe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2014, 06:59:00 AM »

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2014, 07:03:43 AM »

Your animations are amazing, although Jad indeed managed to make them even better!

IGorGe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2014, 08:38:32 AM »

Thanks ! but who is Jad ?

Your animations are amazing, although Jad indeed managed to make them even better!
Savick
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2014, 09:15:51 AM »

Looks amazing so far, just one complaint about the title. To me, it seems you just picked three words and threw them together without considering meaning. Right now Zombie Night Terror comes off more as:
ZOMBIE
NIGHT
TERROR
Like the words are just being shouted at me as some kind of base description. It tells me your game is about those 3 words, I just think they could be put together better. Like "The Terror of Zombie Night"? I don't know.
It just doesn't seem like a creative title that would sell me on such a good looking game.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic