Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 08:28:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCasmage: A cooperative boss-fighting platformer
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Print
Author Topic: Casmage: A cooperative boss-fighting platformer  (Read 32176 times)
kosy22
TIGBaby

:P

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 10, 2016, 09:51:36 AM »

This is so far my favorite dev log   Blink is there any playtest i could play.
Also is this game going to be free
Canotico
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 10, 2016, 04:56:44 PM »

This is so far my favorite dev log   Blink is there any playtest i could play.
Also is this game going to be free

Oh stop it you  Embarrassed

Unfortunately there's no public build available right now Sad And it won't be free to play...
But it will definitely be super fun to play Smiley Wish I had something else to back me up... But you will have to trust me on that one  Wink
Canotico
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2016, 06:43:30 PM »

We are working on many things at the same time. One of those many things is another character:

Serafine, the Fire Archer

As you might have guessed, she is an archer, and uses fire. She is a powerful sniper that gets stronger with each arrow she fires, but her magic is so powerful that she risks exploding if it goes out of control, immediately killing her Evil.

Sounds neat doesn't it? I think it does Smiley
Canotico
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 19, 2016, 05:50:30 AM »

This is how Serafine's run cycle is looking so far. Still need to fix some stuff but it's almost there :D

digitallava
Level 0

Making AUTOMATA.. weird scifi game

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 19, 2016, 07:24:43 AM »

Your running animations are beautiful. I hope the camera is a bit closer than it seems to be in the gifs, your art actually looks much better close up than it does farther away.

If you prefer the wide camera, I'd at least consider a dynamic camera that allows closer viewing between the chaos of battles.

Canotico
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2016, 04:59:14 PM »

Your running animations are beautiful. I hope the camera is a bit closer than it seems to be in the gifs, your art actually looks much better close up than it does farther away.

If you prefer the wide camera, I'd at least consider a dynamic camera that allows closer viewing between the chaos of battles.

Thanks a ton! I really appreciate it :D

Yeah we are actually contemplating a closer camera, and the thing is that the game has already implemented a dynamic camera that will be zooming in or out depending on how far apart are the "points of interest" in the screen (characters, enemies, etc). The time will come when we will dedicate a lot of hours to making the camera awesome to showcase the chaos of the battles Smiley
next2indies
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2016, 05:15:25 PM »

by all means, don't make this for free. I really don't like when people ask if a game will be free. Games takes time, effort and lots of work. All that has a price that must be paid to fund the project and help the dev making more games.

So... this is interesting. The whole "BIG ASS BOSSES" is kind of trendy lately... and it is for a reason! It tends to be pretty epic and cool. And I like the twist on them needing more than one player to be defeated.

Only fear is that games that need more than one player at once. I love 'em, but is harder to market them. Good luck! (:

Davi Vasc
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2016, 09:47:09 AM »

Great animations. The whole "you can't beat this by yourself" design philosophy reminds me of Monster Hunter, which is good. Following!  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

Davi Vasc - Video Game Composer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/VascMusic
Canotico
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2016, 07:14:37 PM »

by all means, don't make this for free. I really don't like when people ask if a game will be free. Games takes time, effort and lots of work. All that has a price that must be paid to fund the project and help the dev making more games.

So... this is interesting. The whole "BIG ASS BOSSES" is kind of trendy lately... and it is for a reason! It tends to be pretty epic and cool. And I like the twist on them needing more than one player to be defeated.

Only fear is that games that need more than one player at once. I love 'em, but is harder to market them. Good luck! (:

Hey! yeah I agree, as much as I'd like to make the game more accesible by making it free to play.... I gotta eat :D

And I'm glad you like the idea of taking the theme of boss fighting and adding cooperative gameplay to it, I do think it can make for a really fun game.

Great animations. The whole "you can't beat this by yourself" design philosophy reminds me of Monster Hunter, which is good. Following!  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

Hey thanks a lot! And YES! Monster Hunter is actually a very nice reference for what I want to achieve with the game. It's just insanely fun to beat some gigantic thing to a pulp with your friends  Cheesy
nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: September 25, 2016, 08:31:56 AM »

I saw this forever ago and for some reason forgot to follow. Subscribing now. Smiley

Canotico
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 26, 2016, 07:03:43 AM »

I saw this forever ago and for some reason forgot to follow. Subscribing now. Smiley

Wohoo!! Glad You are interested :D there are many awesome things that I'll be showing in the near future so stay tuned Wink
Canotico
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 28, 2016, 04:22:10 PM »

And Serafine's run cycle is finally done :D

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: September 29, 2016, 11:19:27 AM »

(Been  Blink ing for a while)

I agree that the close up of the character looks better.  I'm not sure if it's part nostalgia or something else, but I've seen many pixel characters, background, etc  that somehow does look better close up - i.e. with larger pixels.  Though, that isn't always the case to it's probably has to do with more than just nostalgia.

As for "free" games, there are many free2win, free2dress types games that in a way still allow for those who can't actually to afford to buy the game to play it.  But those may a different development/business/marketing approach and a game may not always be suited for such approach.  And of course, the developers' situation also needs to be taken into account.

Canotico
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 30, 2016, 10:44:18 AM »

(Been  Blink ing for a while)

I agree that the close up of the character looks better.  I'm not sure if it's part nostalgia or something else, but I've seen many pixel characters, background, etc  that somehow does look better close up - i.e. with larger pixels.  Though, that isn't always the case to it's probably has to do with more than just nostalgia.

As for "free" games, there are many free2win, free2dress types games that in a way still allow for those who can't actually to afford to buy the game to play it.  But those may a different development/business/marketing approach and a game may not always be suited for such approach.  And of course, the developers' situation also needs to be taken into account.

Well I think it does make a lot of sense to consider nostalgia as part of the appeal of basically anything that's pixel art. I think it's inevitable for someone that played old pixelated games, which is not at bad thing at all.

And yeah, the business model of a game has a lot to do with how it wants to engage its audience. A free to play game has a way different business model than a paid game, obviously because there has to be some cash influx in some way, whether its micro-transactions or straight up putting a price tag to the game.

Developers have to eat in the end Tongue
Canotico
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 01, 2016, 11:26:17 AM »

Alright, working on one of Bast's abilities: Bastion.

It's still a WIP, the magic stuff is only sketched still, but its coming along fine :D
Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: October 01, 2016, 02:20:40 PM »

It was a lot of time since I saw this devlog. Great to know it's still active.

Canotico
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 02, 2016, 05:50:51 AM »

It was a lot of time since I saw this devlog. Great to know it's still active.

It sure is :D and will still be until it's finished!
Canotico
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2016, 04:27:17 PM »

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook.

Reached a point where Bastion (name of the skill) looks good enough :D so we'll leave it like this for now, there's much more to be done!

Canotico
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2016, 05:38:02 PM »

We've been working on a pretty big part of the game, it's called Tharon's Garden. It has all this important magic babble thing about the world the game takes place in, but what's important for the game itself is that it is a hub, from which players can move around the world.

This is a small sneak peek of the place. We are still keeping it's main features hidden until we call it done, but in the meantime you can bathe your eyeballs with this sweet pixelart of one of its corners Smiley

gabrielcarioca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2016, 06:15:16 PM »

We've been working on a pretty big part of the game, it's called Tharon's Garden. It has all this important magic babble thing about the world the game takes place in, but what's important for the game itself is that it is a hub, from which players can move around the world.

This is a small sneak peek of the place. We are still keeping it's main features hidden until we call it done, but in the meantime you can bathe your eyeballs with this sweet pixelart of one of its corners Smiley

I love when games works on this huge areas. It's so inspiring and gives a lot of feelings about the game. By the way, this really looks like a great game, keep the good work!
PS: Now you have one more follower  Wink

White Lie - Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | Website
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic