Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:03:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosProfessional pixel-artist, RU
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Professional pixel-artist, RU  (Read 16866 times)
Oleg Klishin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2016, 12:20:57 PM »

Hello.

My name is Oleg Klishin, also known online as Phoenix849. I know that I'm doing wrong starting an online holy war. But my patience is up, so I wanted to share with you some info about following individual.

The subject is Valery Kim currently living in Russia, St. Petersburg.

His known online handles and nicknames are:

- Valery Kim
- velerykimart / valerykimart_pub
- Thu / onethu
- Paleskins
- starscream_dev (twitch)
- venusianb (email)
- Deviance (on http://xgm.guru/ forums)
- deviance15 (skype)

He is best known for having a bunch of golden cups on pixeljoint (for best art of the month), and creating current header of Pixel Dailies community on twitter.

Besides that, subject has been spotted in following activities, more than once:

1. Constantly verbally harassing people in russian pixel communities, namely including Phoenix849 (that's me), Arcade Hero, Dehtyar, HUG and many others. Using a lot of curse words, shit talking, slander, defamation, racist, sexist, homophobic jokes and much more.
2. Streaming pixel art on twitch with the same attitude: calling names, insulting his followers and watchers, publicly insulting some known pixel artists in russian community (see pt. 1) and much more.
3. Following statements about artists both beginner and long-time practicing: "you are shit and you art art is shitty", "learn how to draw shithead".
4. Behaving like attention whore on his vk.com community: "You want pixel stream today?", "Guess not enough of you want it, fuck you all, idiots". He is unable to keep his word and meet his own terms after promising something. Afterwards he shows disdain and disrespect towards his followers instead of apologizing.
5. Statements towards pixeljoint: "Time to bend over PJ", "Time to fuck PJ, golden cup is mine!", "Fuck Fool (aka Yuri Gusev) for posting this, I wanted the first place this month".
6. Public statements towards his clients for being idiots and too poor for his talent, including his Twitch stream and pixel-themed public chat in Skype.
7. Taking upfont payment for a job and never completing it.

==================================================

Taking upfront payment from a client on pixeljoint and disappearing (01 March 2014):
http://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17155&PID=183534#183534
http://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13078&PID=183535#183535

Publicly insulting artist known as Arcade Hero by renaming his own public community on vk.com (known as "Russian Facebook") to "Arcade Gnida" for 1232 followers. Also desecrating original art by Arcade Hero (who I dare to call a friend of mine). Gnida/Гнида translates from Russian like nit, crum or moron (1 April 2016):

Taking my personal photo (Oleg Klishin aka Phoenix849) and drawing a penis over my face while publicly streaming this on twitch for 8 viewers. Then posting this on his community with the words "stream results" for 1273 followers (21 May 2016):

Proof pic 1

Proof pic 2

A few hours later on twitter. He doesn't hold himself a bit responsible for his deeds and continues to publicly insult me:

His attitude towards fellow artists and communities (namely pixeljoint). Also, he's clever enough to delete his threats and insults afterwards, so I just found a few.

On public russian chat (36 people) about Fool (aka Yuri Gusev):

It's not the first and not the last time he's doing something similar. He is perfectly aware of what he is doing and he has always been that way since I first met him online 2 or 3 years ago. He continues to behave like this and calls those "jokes", justifying it for being bored. Most people somehow connected with russian pixel art communities know this, but they don't oppose him fearing they would be publicly mocked afterwards. He has also earned his reputation for making art liked by broad audience and for being a public asshole simultaneously, that brings him a lot of younger watchers and followers who are hungry for drama and edgy personality. Overral, he is behaving like The One and The Only God of pixel art, and others being not worthy. His two-faced behaviour for being "professional" and "caring about his reputation" on english-speaking internet segment contradicts a lot with what he really is.

Closing thoughts. It's none of my business if you are going to pay him money. I just wanted to finally make public what kind of person he is. So if you are considering hiring him, think does all of the above sound "professional" to you? Your call.

P.S.: Yes, I know I'm wrong for posting this, because I'm taking this as a personal offence. I will get over knowing someone's directly insulting me on the internet. But he never personally approached me with any claims on my account, preferring to publicly humiliate me on the web with no reason. So I don't know what's his problem with me. He is just behaving like this with many people I know and never holds himself responsible for his words and actions.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 05:12:36 AM by Phoenix849 » Logged

Art portfolio and social media links: olegklishin.com
Paleskins
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2016, 02:05:15 PM »

Lol dude, learn memes and jokes, calm down plz

all understand this all but you
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 02:25:45 PM by Paleskins » Logged
Oleg Klishin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2016, 02:41:11 PM »

To clarify: we've never been friends or buddies, and we've never even took a personal chat or discussed any of his claims to me, and we've never exchanged jokes or memes. This person just allows himself to publicly humiliate and abuse anyone he wishes to. I don't believe that publicly drawing a genitalia over someone's face on twitch and then publicly posting this for followers of his official community can be considered a joke.

Don't be fooled by him turning this into a "joke" like he knows me and we are buddies. He has been doing these things for several years and not only to me but to various people I know and don't know. Sexist, homophobic and abusive jokes are all regular for him. That's just the person he really is.

Art portfolio and social media links: olegklishin.com
Retro
Level 2

Matej Jan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2016, 02:48:06 PM »

Good to know. Great art, bad attitude. The first is not an excuse for the second in my book though. Glad you spoke up.

Paleskins
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2016, 03:07:29 PM »

Okay now, its getting some scale, so I'll comment this all serious.

That all is just for fun. You have said that my words are sexist, homophobical etc. I am completely tolerant man. All that jokes are all about sarcasm. It is not my problem that only you can not understand this, Oleg. It is just sad, that you get this scales and showing your photo with "dick". You have said that I blamed russian artists, but for example, HUG/Maxim Vulchin is my friend and Arcade Hero is my friend too, we was drinkin some beer together. We are talking on my streams, there is no conflict between me and other artists. It is just you, you have conflict with me, not me with you. This is the difference.

About my job. My clients are happy with that what they have. I have never decieved someone for a money. This is not my style, it is internet and all about money is a serious deal. That thing you posted from PJ forums was my problem from my side, my laptop was "broken", I shed a tea on my laptop and had to bring it to repair post. That has taken a bunch of time. That happened once. Just once in my 3-years of work with other people.

And the final thing, about  "You want pixel stream today?", "Guess not enough of you want it, fuck you all, idiots". Also he just added some words like "idiots" to that translate I do not know why. This is just funny. My streams are for my subscribers, they know that my humour is rude and sarcastic. But this is all about jokes. You did not get this again.

Please, stop posting that photo with pictured penis, you are disgracing yourself, Oleg. Srsly

Sorry guys for that. Please do not take all this serious.

And yes...

It's all true. I'm a bad person.

///jokes

sorry for my english

/update

I have never said smth like "fuck fool" or "Time to f**k PJ, golden cup is mine!". It is just a complete lie. I do not know, how do you want to show me, but this is too miserably for any man. Also I have never said any bad word about clients that I was working with. There are some stories when some clients have decieved me for money, but I never made a public statements about this. Oleg, you are going too far with your lies. It is completely obvious that you want show my person like some kind of swindler and criminal. Please, take all this back.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 05:59:24 PM by Paleskins » Logged
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2016, 06:21:27 PM »

Please, stop posting that photo with pictured penis, you are disgracing yourself, Oleg. Srsly

A disgrace? I thought it was just a joke.. Huh?
And since it's just a joke, why not draw one on your own face? No big deal right?

Retro
Level 2

Matej Jan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2016, 09:40:49 PM »

Valery, others have confirmed your general attitude too. And your own tweets speak for themselves. You and your audience can have whatever relationship you want, I won't complain about that—as long as you don't bring other people in! It doesn't matter if they're strangers or your friends, when they say stop, you stop. There's nothing speaking in your favor and little incentive for Oleg to make up lies about you (whatever you've done yourself, i.e. the tweets, throw a bad enough light on you on their own).

Paleskins
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2016, 10:37:38 PM »

Goddam guys, there is the difference between languages. I always use "filthy language" (ty google translate), all that screens got from a chat, there was no any serious talk. While translated it can really look like I'm a guys that just hates everything. He also translated meme sentence I do not know why. If I remember this right, this is dialog between me and Finlal, he is my friend. I respect Fool btw.

In context, PJ monthly was challenge for me around 1-0.5 year ago, and I wanted to get golden cup for three months in a row, just for achievement for myself.

The second image. I was streaming of creating arts, that get 1st and 2nd golden cups, and I have said to my subscribers that I want to get three in the row. Before the finishing of my 3rd art I just made lil' speech its more like "hell yeah we are going to explode all this". While translating every word it looks really stupid, I know, that this is what we got, and there will be always problems with translations, but god damn, none of this is a serious talk. Its all about the jokes.

I dont think if I draw a penis on Trump's image this will be a criminal. Oleg do not highlight other things that I'm doing besides tough jokes and "shitting my subscribers"(ffs). I had a "lynch" thing. Newbie artists were sending me their arts and I was talking on stream about their mistake, what they should improve and I was improving their art so they was able to have a clear view on their problems. Guys also pm me in social to take an advice from me and I am advicing of course and forcing ultimate pixel art guide for everyone.

He has never talked with me seriously he does not know me, he doesnt asked me to stop joking on him (there is a reason to joke on him). I know that my joke hurt him hard, but this is way too far. Jokes are jokes.

//update

Also I was joking only in our local social network and have never done this in a global professional fields like PJ/WOT/TIGs. He did not even contact me and leaked all this to my professional fields as soon as possible. It is like kids that are complain parents. Real man's decision, Oleg.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 10:44:39 PM by Paleskins » Logged
Paleskins
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2016, 10:55:58 PM »

A disgrace? I thought it was just a joke.. Huh?
And since it's just a joke, why not draw one on your own face? No big deal right?

I mean he posts that pic everywhere, it is like forcing a picture, same thing. I mean this is his photo with a penis, it is not clever at all.
vazovski
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2016, 02:22:37 AM »

Yea, I should stay away, but I'd like share with my experience too. Before I start, you must know that we are not friends with Valery and this joke with photo is unacceptable, you had to solve this problem in more diplomatic way though.  Shrug

Valery taught me a lot about pixel art, the way he teaches you has much more profit than normal explaining. And it is not my personal view, I'm not fan of bad speech as everybody, however it suits much more to motive people do pixel art better. As for calling works of other artist, who call themselves as good/professional artist, shitty -- fairly. I want to admit that he doesn't say only "Shit! Bad work!", he also explains why it is bad, he calls the worst mistakes like: bad AA, wrong clusters, banding etc. Try to listen carefully  and get which intonation his words normally has, because his speech is full of sarcasm, unfortunately some people does not understand it. I am protecting him, I'm just giving you my point.

I wish he said "I am sorry" personal/public and you guys just move on. Removed all this crap from portfolio, twitter and continue to do your business.

Cheers  Beer!

P.S. If I was a customer, I would not care about this situation.
Paleskins
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2016, 02:56:22 AM »

Sorry Oleg, for real, I am sorry. I did not want to hurt you. I has gone too far. You can check this, I have something for you.

https://twitter.com/VKA_THU/status/734336091629715456?lang=ru

Sorry Finlal for posting this thing. And thanks for you words.
http://i.imgur.com/k9x6AYv.png
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 04:04:03 AM by Paleskins » Logged
veliart
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2016, 05:50:03 AM »

Copypaste from pixelation forums

Hello, I really want this situation to end asap so I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

First off I have to mention that I am Valery's friend so you can ignore whatever I say.

Next I have to say that this has nothing to do with neither Valery's nor Oleg's professional activities. Both of them are great competent artists that get their job done. So if you were going to hire either of them to do art for you, please do so and ignore this whole situation.

Now on to the situation itself. In my opinion both guys have acted as stupid as they could. On one hand we have Valery being Valery and joking around but this time going to far and actually hurting feelings of a guy that he is not friends with in front of an audience. On the other hand we have Oleg not asking Valery to stop doing this and starting digging all the 'dirty' stuff he could find about him and then posting all of it not only on his own social media pages but on Russian community twitter and all the pixel related forums too.

In my opinion both of you were wrong  doing these things. But what's done is done. Best thing you guys could do right now is just calm down and apologize to each other. Than delete this whole forum discussion to avoid customer confusion and move on(since customers have nothing to do with this conflict). There really is no point in this whole situation.

I hope this will be resolved asap.

P.S.
If you actually care about all this 'dirty' stuff Oleg dug up.
Out of context all these quotes seem really rude and all but I hope you get the point.
kunstberg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2016, 09:02:32 AM »

Running around a neighbourhood naked and rubbing your dick against people you don't really know while justifying the action with your speical sense of humour is not the brightest idea in the world, but that's basically what Kim has been doing since I first met him. So what did you fucking expect to get out all of this, some free candy?
or maybe it was just attention, heh heh

Also I was joking only in our local social network and have never done this in a global professional fields like PJ/WOT/TIGs

Oh, so should Oleg be thankful for that? Or maybe it's just you who should shut your mouth and stop fucking with people you don't even know?

Seriously, Kim, nobody outside of your audience really wants to hear your 'jokes' or see your performances and you know it, so stop justifying your asshole nature with your sense of humour and/or scenic image and find another way to compensate for your inferiority complex.

Both of them are great competent artists that get their job done.

This gal who I don't know has a different opinion, saying that Kim has basically quit a bunch of jobs related with 'Movie studio Story'/'Long reach' games and 'Klutch' bar's site design, and honestly I'd rather believe her words than Kim's or his pals'.

And I too know about some of Kim's shitty personal deeds and dishonest freelance tactics from his talkative friends, so I can safely say that he's not even as pRoFeSsIoNaL as he claims to be all the time; although only a few of the artists I know really are, so I don't pay too much attention to this babbling.

TL;DR version: Kim should either stop acting like a dick or learn to deal with the consequences of his actions which will get even more dire for him if he won't stop. Also, Oleg should stop showing everyone the image of his face with a dick drawn on top of it.
Paleskins
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2016, 09:44:40 AM »

I did a successful job for Klutch bar, also I worked on few pictures for the movie studio story, we had absolutely good relations with both teams. Also I have worked with guys that were developing Long Reach. Long reach team has decieved me for some money. LOL
Paleskins
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2016, 12:28:31 AM »

32 colours/8 hours

===

Urgently searching for a job.

Guys, I'm open for more work. Feel free to pm or e-mail me!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic