Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412011 Posts in 69462 Topics- by 58494 Members - Latest Member: aeterponis

July 05, 2024, 04:55:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSolitaire FRVR
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Solitaire FRVR  (Read 1194 times)
Benjaminsen
Level 0

Games games games.... oh! And games!

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2014, 03:41:53 PM »

Solitaire FRVR is the first game of many under a startup I am building in my spare time.

The game is build using a custom canvas based HTML5 engine I build on-top of extendjs. The engine is optimised to work well on both Web and Mobile and I hope to Open Source it when I have build 3-5 games on-top of it and it's somewhere more stable.

Play the game here:
http://solitaire.frvr.com

Much more info on the hobby startup here:
http://blog.chrisbenjaminsen.com

While I have tested on every device I could get my hands on, I would be very interested to know if it works well on your device.

I expect to wrap the game using CacoonJS and release it on Mobile App stores as soon as I have completed version 1.1 which will include at least the following features:

• Add flip one card game mode
  • Add sounds + sounds settings
  • Create pretty preloader
  • Store state of game between reloads / app loads
  • Integrate with Facebook App pages
  • Rewrite engine View system to better support multiple scale modes.
  • Redo basic assets to vector
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 04:58:54 PM »

Fine implementation of solitaire. You might want to add an undo button for scrubs like me. I tested it on firefox.

Benjaminsen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 05:05:43 PM »

Fine implementation of solitaire. You might want to add an undo button for scrubs like me. I tested it on firefox.

It's very much on the todo for version 1.1, anything I should add?
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 06:40:01 PM »

It's a bit slow/choppy for me in Firefox, but everything works fine. I really like your single-click and double-click implementation. It makes playing the game very streamlined.

One feature I really like in my iOS version of Solitaire, compared to the Windows 7 one for example, is that there's a feature to only include games that can actually be won. With Windows 7 solitaire, 80% of the games seem to give me the "There are no moves left" message within 30 seconds and it's just annoying that it happens so often.

I'd also like to see a timer and possibly a scoring implementation, but the timer is more important to me personally.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Benjaminsen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 06:43:50 PM »

It's a bit slow/choppy for me in Firefox, but everything works fine. I really like your single-click and double-click implementation. It makes playing the game very streamlined.

One feature I really like in my iOS version of Solitaire, compared to the Windows 7 one for example, is that there's a feature to only include games that can actually be won. With Windows 7 solitaire, 80% of the games seem to give me the "There are no moves left" message within 30 seconds and it's just annoying that it happens so often.

I'd also like to see a timer and possibly a scoring implementation, but the timer is more important to me personally.

The canvas integration in FireFox is strangely slow, even IE is about 5x faster.
Scoring and hardness (only winnable games) has been added to the 1.1 feature list.

Likewise I will look into how complex it actually is to warn the user that there is no more valid moves.
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 06:54:02 PM »

The canvas integration in FireFox is strangely slow, even IE is about 5x faster.
Scoring and hardness (only winnable games) has been added to the 1.1 feature list.

Likewise I will look into how complex it actually is to warn the user that there is no more valid moves.

Yeah, Firefox is weird with JavaScript (timing issues) and with drawing on canvases. I did notice that it ran perfectly if I shrunk the window a bit, though (and everything scaled down correctly). Hopefully they'll fix it someday.

Any idea how you'll go about setting up the "only winnable games" feature? With my iOS app, I always assumed that it just had a database of all the games that have been won previously and drew random seeds from there. Is that what you'd do, or is it feasible to actually calculate this sort of thing?

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Benjaminsen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 06:59:17 PM »

Yeah, Firefox is weird with JavaScript (timing issues) and with drawing on canvases. I did notice that it ran perfectly if I shrunk the window a bit, though (and everything scaled down correctly). Hopefully they'll fix it someday.

Any idea how you'll go about setting up the "only winnable games" feature? With my iOS app, I always assumed that it just had a database of all the games that have been won previously and drew random seeds from there. Is that what you'd do, or is it feasible to actually calculate this sort of thing?

I have it on my todo to experiment here. My initial experiment will be to create a completed game, then play the game in reverse randomly to make a winnable one.
Benjaminsen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 07:59:28 PM »

I removed the cross promotion page on "new game" for now. Turned it it worked bad on mobile.
Benjaminsen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 08:37:56 PM »

Just looked at the Analytics, you guys played 29 games winning none.
Your win ratio is 0%  Shocked
Benjaminsen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 03:05:04 PM »

I did a rather major update to the game, heavily improving performance by switching to PixiJS.
Much more info here: http://blog.chrisbenjaminsen.com/post/108748684627/solitaire-frvr-2-0

Would love feedback on the new Solitaire FRVR from plays on mobile devices!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic