Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:14:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingArrrrrr! a Pirate game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Arrrrrr! a Pirate game  (Read 2886 times)
Hunterprime
Level 0

For Gork and Mork!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 17, 2007, 12:28:10 PM »

I wanted to get some feedback from you guys on what you thought of the game and what you felt worked and didn't work.

The Game
Arrrrr is a party/mini game were you sail your ship by hovering your mouse cursor near your ship to sail it in a direction. Left mouse button fires your cannons on both sides of your ship and right click activates a temporary boost of speed. Your Cloud that is attached to your cursor darkens when you use your speed boost and turns white when it is ready again

The game does multi player through multi-mouse. By hooking up to four mice to the computer you can play against other people and try to steal your friends’ booty. You can also play against the computer. In the demo/trial version there is only 1 map and 4 game modes but you have unlimited play time. Arrrrr has 10 game modes total, 6 of which are available in single player. If you can, 4 players is the best way to play Arrrrr but the game is still fun playing solo.

You can get the game from my Company's website for the game at http://arrr.mind-control.com/game/Install_Arrrrrr!.exe. We also have a flash video of gameplay on the main page arrr.mind-control.com if you want to get a better feel for the game before you download.

System requirments:
Windows 98, 2000, XP,or Vista
600Mhz CPU 128Mb of Ram
Direct X 7 compatible Video card

Here is some Screenshot's

« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 05:13:51 PM by Hunterprime » Logged
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 06:08:30 PM »

I think I've heard of this before. It always looked good, but I've never known anyone willing to play multiplayer on the same pc with multiple mice. I hope you get the audience you deserve as you've obviously put in a lot of work. I may try this with my wife when she gets back from taiwan. good luck!

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 06:23:46 PM »

The game looks interesting, I'm downloading it right now. I,ll let you know what I think. Later!

Hunterprime
Level 0

For Gork and Mork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 12:44:10 AM »

We very much recognize the issues with multi mouse. It came down to a issue of time and funds. Arrrrrr! was a game that we had completed most of the core of the game when we submitted it to the 2006 Independent game Festival but frankly we were not happy with the end result of any of the game we submitted that year. So this year in April while we were waiting on our next project to start we revisited Arrrrr and came up with what we could do in a single month's time to make the game better. We decided to add 7 new maps, redo all the art, and tune the game modes to play better. We also added a single player mode. One of the core issues was that we had limited engineering bandwidth and no QA bandwidth to implent networked multi player.

There was also the issue of hosting lobby servers which we are not in a position to do.

I would love to add networked multi player to the game but no sure if we will have the time available to do it
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 08:55:58 AM »

Hello there!

The game has a very interesting concept. Here are a couple of comments...

Controling isn't as obvious as it could be. Since I'm controling the wind, I expect more control over the speed of the boat. For instance, the longer I hold down the mouse button, the more wind there will be. This way, I'd have a better feel of control on the boat.

I know that the right click gives you a boost but I didn't feel like I was controling the boat much. It felt like I could move at two speed: standard and real fast, even if I could control a bit the speed by moving the cursor around the boat... 

I wish there were a way to repair my boat along the way... Perhaps sacrificing points to repair it... if there's a way to do it, it's not obvious enough.

The identification of our boat could be a bit clearer but it works.

Does raming in another boat deals damage? it would be sweet!

There's lots of play mode! Very good! the game is very polished too. The only thing I feel that's missing is a quiting comfirmation that you can cancel. beside sthat, the game is very well crafted.

All in all, the game looks very interesting! I also hope that the multi-mouse thing works out. It feels like a fun multi-player game. 

Good work!
Guert

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic