Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411420 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 11:08:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUE4 Project
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: UE4 Project  (Read 3508 times)
Beaulamb1992
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 13, 2014, 01:19:24 PM »

Hello!

Ive been playing around in UE4 for a little while now and i think its time to start a log for a project I'm working on.
The project isn't anything too serious, i don't plan on making anything to flashy with tons of mechanics just something for me too work on while learning the engine and have fun  Smiley

So my first game i was working on was this - http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=38739.0
And i ended up getting lost with too many mechanics and over complicating everything so i cancelled working on that.
For this project i thought of a game type that has literally the least mechanics as possible...an endless runner..but without the endless part  Cheesy so i plan to just make set levels instead (What does that make it  Shrug ). The player can progress by beating a timer or getting a high enough score to unlock more maps/levels.

At the moment ive been working on getting all the core stuff i need to get a complete game, character movement, pickups, scoring+timers, HUD and main menu's etc without jumping to much into the art, as an artist this is the part where ill spend ages making it look nice so i dont want to get bogged down with this yet!

Enough talking here's some stuff Ive got so far.
(Movement is still a little clunky..will fix that hopefully)

WIP of the bike model, could change I'm starting to dislike it.

Hud and main menu mock ups, im working on implementing those at the moment.

Cheers, hope to post an update of the working menu's and HUD soon  Beer!

Beaulamb1992
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 10:55:52 AM »

Got the Main menu and the boost meter thing shown on the HUD working (Still WIP)

Menu GIF is a bit shoddy, had to shrink it down  Facepalm

ananasblau
Level 2

dressed up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 11:10:01 AM »

a bit tron-like?

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 11:21:37 AM »

I really like that bike model. If you change it, I'd just add more detail with cool lighting on it.

primaerfunktion
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 11:26:45 AM »

Getting a strong Extreme G (

) feeling right here. Cool!

RK3000 - A city destruction game inspired by Godzilla and Megazords.
DevlogIndieDB

twitter.com/primaerfunktion
Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 12:17:21 PM »

dude what the heck! go back to your other project. That looked amazing.
this looks cool too I guessss  Roll Eyes

I'm going through a ue4 learning process right now too. I'm actually curious what your thoughts are on it?

Beaulamb1992
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 01:40:20 PM »

a bit tron-like?
Yeah! a huge influence haha. As this is only a learning project i didn't want to get bogged down with actually designing a game apart from writing down a few bullet points as to what i wanted to make. This project most likely wont be anything new to people its just for fun  Smiley

I really like that bike model. If you change it, I'd just add more detail with cool lighting on it.
Cheers! i think you might be right  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Getting a strong Extreme G (

) feeling right here. Cool!
Cool! that's awesome haha.

dude what the heck! go back to your other project. That looked amazing.
this looks cool too I guessss  Roll Eyes

I'm going through a ue4 learning process right now too. I'm actually curious what your thoughts are on it?
Man! id love to haha, but trying to make an RPG for my 1st game by myself turned out a bit of a task (Who would have thought eh?), maybe ill come back to it some day if i figure out how to make it less complicated  Grin

UE4 is awesome! I'm not a programmer so just the fact that I'm able to do this stuff makes me fall in love with it.
But i could see why people with a programming background may not like it.... and there's a hell of a lot to learn with the tools. 

Beaulamb1992
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 03:36:05 PM »

Quick screengrab, currently replacing BSP brushes in engine with Modular meshes to make the levels. Little tricky as i need to plan out what mesh pieces i need to make. So not a very interesting post but hopefully will be able to show some good progress next post Smiley

WIP level blockout

Beaulamb1992
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 06:26:23 AM »

Again not much of a huge update  Yawn
Still blocking out levels, its taking longer than i expected trying to work out all the modular pieces i need...getting there though so I'm gonna start putting more modelling work into those modular level pieces today.
Here's a new shot -

And to give myself a break from doing the levels I've put in some speed lines when your going fast, there more subtle when your speeding up but when your boosting there much stronger.
Heres a shot of that working-

And a little gif  Smiley

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 09:15:45 AM »

that boost is hella sexy and sexy hella

i'm a sucker for this, it's very wipeout HD and i love wipeout HD

maybe you could appeal to my other future racing obsession and add some loopedies and corkscrews and junk

mostly i just wish f-zero GX had a sequel and i want to live this dream vicariously through other devs

please finish this, at any rate

ps your colors are great

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic