Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:34:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallGate
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Gate  (Read 14246 times)
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2009, 10:51:32 PM »

This is a very enjoyable game. I just started playing this, and I'm loving every minute of it. The level design is very good. I really like the style of problem solving this inspires.

The GUI is pretty awkward- I'm not going to gloss that over- but it's separate enough from what makes the game charming that it's easy to enjoy despite the interface.

I'm currently on level 20, and I'm having trouble nursing the right interval out of the timers. I finished level 19 by having two timers 45 degrees out of phase and putting the output through an and gate, but that trick isn't working in level 20.

I'm having fun trying to make a circuit that can count though :D
Super-Dot
Level 1

hup hup

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2009, 08:27:43 PM »

I found a bug on level 16. Otherwise this game is so awesome. Kiss

Kelsey Higham, student at SJSU
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2009, 08:29:16 PM »

I had some slowdown when the mission complete name drops / when the robot takes off at the end of the level. Also when scrolling the screen. I've an okay computer so it's weird that doing those things should cause that much slowdown.

Great game other than that.

(But of course it'd be a lot better with sound and a more polished GUI, but for experimental games rough edges are normal.)

The Doctor
Maestro
Level 0

aka: AtrusRand, Yaegashi...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2009, 09:04:58 PM »

I found a bug. If you play the first level with limited NOT gates, place the gate on the field and press the power switch, after it's done running, it will say you have another NOT gate in your inventory. You can dup gates this way.

Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2009, 09:46:10 PM »

I finally figured out level 20 (thanks for steering me in the right direction, Bobo). I'm really having a lot of fun with this. I haven't enjoyed a game this much in months.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2009, 10:00:18 PM »

I got to level 21, and (while I really like the game for the most part) am stuck from a bug: the circuit board overlay being on makes the robot behave differently. It's pretty annoying, more so on 21 where I'm running into other weird (what I for now assume are other bugs) things with stopping at the goal. I can't check to see if it's something retarded I'm doing or not, because the robot won't actually even get that far with the overlay turned on.  Angry

Otherwise great game hope you continue to polish it etc.  Tongue

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
OneGirl
Level 0

One Girl, One Laptop Productions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2009, 02:45:20 PM »

Hey everyone- I haven't checked this thread in a while. I didn't notice how much additional feedback has been added in the past few months.  Embarrassed  Wink

Everyone's suggestions are much appreciated, and when I get back to polishing this one again, I'll be sure and take all this into account.

To address the most common peeve people seem to have, regarding the Timers. Yes, there is a frame-rate dependency bug in them. It's actually to do with the physics engine running with a variable time-step, which makes the friction calculations very difficult to get right. I'll be switching to a fixed-step in the physics in the next version.

--
Quinn Dunki
http://www.quinndunki.com
Silly Software That's Sometimes Cool

--
Quinn Dunki
http://www.quinndunki.com
Silly Software That's Sometimes Cool
tutko
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2012, 03:23:41 PM »

Hello guys,
I got stuck on level 21? The robot goes through the hole and then falls. Can you help me with the solution?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic