Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 09:16:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFORGET THE BRAKES [RELEASED WEB & ANDROID & IOS]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: FORGET THE BRAKES [RELEASED WEB & ANDROID & IOS]  (Read 8389 times)
fonserbc
Level 0

I like trains

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 08:00:00 AM »

I think this would feel better if the multitrack drifting was actually being use to "make a turn".

Well that definetly gives us another completely different game Smiley
This one it ended up being more of a runner, and in fact we slipped out a bit of "multi-track drifting" as the main catch of the game, that's one of the reasons in a way why we changed the name.

fonserbc
Level 0

I like trains

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2015, 03:47:42 AM »

First public alpha, I want to show this to the meetup http://www.qidv.org/, so I made a web build.

Play here! And tell me what you think! http://multitrackdriftinggame.com/

fonserbc
Level 0

I like trains

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2015, 11:07:58 PM »

We made an alpha trailer in order to apply for the 3HMA competition.

Watch the trailer

VOTE FOR US HERE

fonserbc
Level 0

I like trains

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2015, 04:32:51 AM »

I plan to release the web and desktop version really soon, I made a trailer for it, not public yet, but I'm not going to wait much.

Just polishing some final things now.
I planned to release it on WebGL but the current unity exporter does not make everything work out of the box, and though I spent some time trying to fix them I want to release it asap, and so I'm going to be using the webplayer for the web.

Sir Fishelsworth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2015, 05:19:13 AM »

Damn, those GIFs look awesome fun.  Grin

Is your name final? I think something shorter and catchier that gets across the "train" aspect could work better (maybe even something simple, like "Train Drifter"?). When I first read the title of the thread, I assumed you were making a game like Drift Stage, but it's way more original than that.
fonserbc
Level 0

I like trains

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2015, 06:02:59 AM »

Is your name final? I think something shorter and catchier that gets across the "train" aspect could work better (maybe even something simple, like "Train Drifter"?). When I first read the title of the thread, I assumed you were making a game like Drift Stage, but it's way more original than that.

Yeah, the name is final and we are happy with it, it gives the game a personality in our opinion that goes a bit away from the multi-track drifting concept, and that is something we kinda looked for.

fonserbc
Level 0

I like trains

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2015, 03:28:22 PM »

Release time!

I'll have to update screenshots and gifs..

Watch the trailer

!

At least the WebGL version and desktop are done!

Mobile versions to go..

Please! Tell us what you think!

fonserbc
Level 0

I like trains

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2015, 10:20:22 AM »

New gif and screenshots of the game!

Photon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2015, 12:39:44 PM »

Hey, gave it a whirl earlier. A couple thoughts:

• That load time is agonizing. Seriously. I can imagine that being a major turnoff for the web game.
  • Why can't I have proper sound controls because of WebGL? It seems silly that I can't do something as simple as mute the game.
  • Why don't buttons work outside of full screen? Why can't I pause without exiting full screen (Esc to exit full screen and Esc again to pause?) These are annoyances that I feel I shouldn't be dealing with.
  • The first bit with the minecart thingies feels a bit slow and unexciting. The music feels more relaxed than energy-giving, which is kind of a problem in an infinite runner where you expect retries: it made retries feel more like a chore to grind through again as opposed to a "hammer it out" kind of deal.
  • The grunts while riding the mine cart are annoying.
  • Things got better once I unlocked the next train. The pickup in speed was welcome. This was probably when I was having the most fun.
  • Little aside: why is half your trailer a title screen with the aforementioned annoying grunts in the background?

In all, I feel like there may be a diamond in the rough here, but the odd quirks and presentation in particular were a little painful for me.
fonserbc
Level 0

I like trains

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2015, 12:57:22 PM »

Hey, gave it a whirl earlier. A couple thoughts:

• That load time is agonizing. Seriously. I can imagine that being a major turnoff for the web game.
  • Why can't I have proper sound controls because of WebGL? It seems silly that I can't do something as simple as mute the game.
  • Why don't buttons work outside of full screen? Why can't I pause without exiting full screen (Esc to exit full screen and Esc again to pause?) These are annoyances that I feel I shouldn't be dealing with.
  • The first bit with the minecart thingies feels a bit slow and unexciting. The music feels more relaxed than energy-giving, which is kind of a problem in an infinite runner where you expect retries: it made retries feel more like a chore to grind through again as opposed to a "hammer it out" kind of deal.
  • The grunts while riding the mine cart are annoying.
  • Things got better once I unlocked the next train. The pickup in speed was welcome. This was probably when I was having the most fun.
  • Little aside: why is half your trailer a title screen with the aforementioned annoying grunts in the background?

In all, I feel like there may be a diamond in the rough here, but the odd quirks and presentation in particular were a little painful for me.

Thanks for taking the time to play through it!

• The load time is agonizing indeed, the game is quite big in resources 30MB+ and for that takes a while. I don't think I'm going to invest time on this much because the game is supposed to be released on mobile, the web version is more like a playable preview. But it is true it can be a big turnoff
  • The sound controls don't work because there are some things that randomly don't work on Unity webgl exporter, and the control of audio mixer seems one. I might have to spend some time on this, finding a workaround, yes.
  • I have had quite some trouble with the key input in unity WebGL. I could have just gone for Webplayer but in my opinion, the fact that chrome does not natively support the NPAPI plugins would be the biggest killer. Right now you can pause by clicking on the time counter, but that is not supposed to be like this on web or desktop, so I definetly have to find a workaround. Thanks.
  • I never thought of the fact of the music being too non-intense, but It is definetly something to look at! It is right that I have to work with the feeling at the begining. For instance I should make the game restart on your latest achieved stage instead from the begining.. there is many people that doesn't even realize there are checkpoints you can start from. There are some things that just never crossed my mind before and are so basic Facepalm
  • Yeah, the grunts. I thought maybe I can make that they just sound at the begining and while trying to turn, but again that is most of the time anyway.. We'll have to think something.
  • Haha, the trailer, well some may find it cute, some may find it annoying Smiley

fonserbc
Level 0

I like trains

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2015, 11:10:26 AM »

Just RELEASED it on Android! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fonserbc.mtd

And a Gameplay Trailer!

0x78
Level 0

?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2015, 04:06:19 PM »

Purchased! Now I have something to do on my train ride to work. Hand Any Key Hand Any Key
fonserbc
Level 0

I like trains

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2015, 01:18:58 PM »

Small update!
Added a GUI switch for the buttons while ingame and some bugfixes.

I decided to deliberately limit the WebGL version because of several reasons:
 - To encourage people buying the game if they like it
 - Because while playing the fastest train, you need a really nice browser and a really nice computer to run it properly and be able to play it.

It's fun to start to see people competing on the android leaderboards Smiley!

The IOS version is coming next week.

And people seem to like it!
http://www.supergamedroid.com/2015/06/25/drift-locomotives-in-new-arcade-puzzler-forget-the-brakes/
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/Forget+the+Brakes/news.asp?c=66150&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PocketGamerLatestAdditions+%28Pocket+Gamer+-+Latest+additions%29
http://indiegames.com/2015/07/forget_the_brakes_remember_the.html

fonserbc
Level 0

I like trains

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2015, 10:24:44 AM »

I just released an update on the android version integrating Everyplay replay service!

So now the player can choose to record a gameplay video and then share it afterwards.

I.E:
https://everyplay.com/videos/18625569

fonserbc
Level 0

I like trains

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2015, 05:23:12 AM »

Just released on IOS!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic