Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 06:07:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBlitz Breaker - [OUT NOW ON iOS]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Blitz Breaker - [OUT NOW ON iOS]  (Read 29133 times)
blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2015, 10:02:40 PM »

Worked on a little victory screen that happens at the end of an area. I'm actually pretty pleased with how this turned out:

Also I went ahead and added joystick controls, figured it couldn't hurt to add a bit more variety.

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2015, 01:36:06 PM »

Hey guys!

There's a new itch.io page with the more 'official' demo! You can check it out here: http://bonchogames.com/blitzbreaker

This gives a fairly accurate idea of what the final game will be like, plus it finally has full keyboard + gamepad controls. I did end up scaling back the amount of content (first world) but I believe this will be more beneficial going forward. I would still love testers for the remaining content as I make so if you want in on it please let me know (I may be looking for android testers too, as I may have finally got it working properly)

Anyways, that's it for now. Cheers!

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2015, 03:56:04 PM »

Got a build downloaded, will try and give it a whirl over the next few days and see if I can get you some feedback.

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2015, 12:38:12 PM »

Second boss is almost finished, just a few more animations to finish.

Which is awesome as that means I'll almost have the fantastic arcade build finished. Yay me!

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2015, 05:04:41 AM »

Sorry if this has been answered previously but I was wondering what your development pipeline is for this? Looking really sweet!

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2015, 10:41:04 AM »

Sorry if this has been answered previously but I was wondering what your development pipeline is for this? Looking really sweet!

No need to be sorry, I've been kind of vague about it.

I want to have this released before the end of the year. I'd say I'm on track for this fall, but that could change. Initial release is gonna be PC + iOS. Might expand to android + windows phone, but that's up in the air. Thanks for the compliment!

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2015, 11:44:09 AM »

Little test run of the setting for the next boss.

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2015, 09:24:15 AM »

I'm still here.

SO! I have been adding new mechanics (I try to introduce one every block of levels, to help keep things interesting). For the current block I'm working on it's short ranged portals!

I was able to crunch it out on the first day and functionality-wise it workded great. Looked like this:

But it was feeling a bit off, so, with some advice from some other devs, changed up the portal colors to match and added a small detail path to further indicate where the portals led and voila!

And now I very much like how this looks + feels.

I also forgot to post the final look at the second boss!

I was super pumped that I completed it (plus the music is super rad). Now onto completed the third world + boss (I'm planning four total), and to submit the current build to Fantastic Arcade. Cheers!

Satori4
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2015, 10:22:44 AM »

Love the art style, man! Looking really great  Kiss Kiss Kiss

@satori4
blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2015, 09:33:36 AM »

Speaking of new mechanics, missile launchers and their missiles are all done art-wise! Here is a level section with them:

Now, I won't say this is a hard level (there's gonna be much harder ones), but this isn't exactly an easy level.

I also got a mailing list set up to, if you wanna sign up for it you can here: http://eepurl.com/bs20_P

I'm working on a newer trailer to show off the improved gameplay + art, and for some showcases coming up, will pose once it's ready to go. Cheers everyone, have a good weekend!

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2015, 05:49:45 AM »

Oh hai there, you seem nice.

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2015, 06:06:13 AM »

Will bread head be a playable character? Just searched back through the posts and did not even know you had called him bread head! I also now realise there are multiple playable heads...

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2015, 06:30:55 AM »

Will bread head be a playable character? Just searched back through the posts and did not even know you had called him bread head! I also now realise there are multiple playable heads...

Yep, there's going to be roughly 20-25 different heads in the end, which are obtained in a few different ways. They're pretty much just cosmetic though (with a few minor easter eggs)

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2015, 11:07:56 AM »

Very exciting! Very very exciting!

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2015, 09:50:47 PM »

Yo!

So I took a break over the weekend to take part in gamejolt's indiesvsgamers jam (first one ever), and came out with this:

That's a big pic, huh. Anyways I kind of made a little harder than I should have, but there's some more experimental stuff if you can power your way through it. It's called Super Doomgeon Dive and you can check it out here: http://gamejolt.com/games/super-doomgeon-dive/80555

To be honest while the game is hard, and there's a few bugs, I had a lot of fun making it. I also came up with some gameplay mechanics I may explore further in the future, we'll see.

Back to Blitz Breaker. Like I said, didn't do much. I have been working on improving the menus (I have seen way too many people break the World selection screen, needed some love), and started working on a new logo. This is where I left off at:

I'll probably put Boncho Games above it or something, but I liked this sprite and honestly decided to see how it worked. Thoughts?

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2015, 05:28:06 AM »

Dig the logo and awesome work on the adding in all these features. I already thought this game was hard before portals and missiles. Props for adding more and more features to really push the player. Nicely done.

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2015, 06:08:53 AM »

Cool to see some other work of yours! Do you have plans on what you will develop once Blitz Breaker is released? Also I just searched through the whole devlog to see if I could find what the game is being built in... You mention C2 at one point, is that construct 2? If so how do you find it in comparison to other engines you have tried? You clearly have an extremely iterative, attention to detail kind of process.

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2015, 01:41:42 PM »

Dig the logo and awesome work on the adding in all these features. I already thought this game was hard before portals and missiles. Props for adding more and more features to really push the player. Nicely done.

Thanks dude, feature wise I'm *almost* done. I have one more trap I wanna add. Pretty my my mindset has been to add a new concept/trap every block of levels, to help keep things fresh.
I've been meaning to get to the Masochisia beta you sent me for some time though, my internet connection where I live/work makes that a bit of an issue >.<

Cool to see some other work of yours! Do you have plans on what you will develop once Blitz Breaker is released? Also I just searched through the whole devlog to see if I could find what the game is being built in... You mention C2 at one point, is that construct 2? If so how do you find it in comparison to other engines you have tried? You clearly have an extremely iterative, attention to detail kind of process.

Thanks man. I don't really know what I plan on after Blitz, I have a plethora of prototypes on my comp here so maybe I'll expand on one of them. A lot of it actually depends on whether or not I decide to continue with Construct 2, which brings me to your other question.

Yes I use Construct 2, and I do like a lot. It makes things easy, and it's usually very easy to spot out where errors are made. That being said I have a few gripes with c2.

- Exporting to certain platforms is a pain in the ass, and is really the source of Construct 2's shortcomings, as you relying on a lot of 3rd party services. Android support is particularly weak, as you either get performance or features, but not both, since you're either relying on crosswalk, or cocoon.io which is still in beta. I've found this to be less of an issue on iOS though, and performance has been decent.
- Little console support, cause it's html5 based. Now, this may change since the Xbone is being updated to windows 10 and is supposed to have a universal code base. As it stands though, it's mobile, pc and wii u. Not that it's a huge deal, but console support would be super neat, even if its' just the xbone.

Basically what it comes down to, is that the editor is great, exporting options not as great. Come when I'm finished with this I may start learning game maker, or go all out and start learning unity, but we'll see when it comes time.

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2015, 11:17:29 PM »

I think it would be incredible to see what you create in 3d. You clearly have such a skill for design and somehow i think 3d environemtns really challenge that  thanks for the insight into your work with construct 2!

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2015, 02:09:00 PM »

I think it would be incredible to see what you create in 3d. You clearly have such a skill for design and somehow i think 3d environemtns really challenge that  thanks for the insight into your work with construct 2!

Thanks man, I definitely want to make a slightly more complicated game after this, but we'll see where that goes.

Back after lovely days off, back to work here. Starting to work on the end game (content wise), which includes some much longer levels, and some other goodies.

As such, made up some new heads. Here is one of my new favorites, Coffee Head:

Also made up a new trap, good ol laser beams. Placeholder art here.

There will be two variations of this, fixed position + rotating lasers, and fixed angle + moving lasers. Gives some great variance and feels like a culmination of a few of the other traps (good end game stuff right here)

Also, Blitz (and hopefully myself) will be on Robot Loves Kitty's Indie Dev Supershow later tonight (11:15 EST / 8:15 PST). You can check it out here if you want to stop by: http://www.twitch.tv/robotloveskitty

Have a great weekend everyone!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic