Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411418 Posts in 69362 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 05:44:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsScatteria [2d post-apocalyptic platformer] Singleplayer alpha released!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Scatteria [2d post-apocalyptic platformer] Singleplayer alpha released!  (Read 25186 times)
Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2018, 09:16:41 AM »

I published the store page of Scatteria at Steam today!! One step more closer to something real..
Go wishlist it! Smiley
https://store.steampowered.com/app/926400/Scatteria/

Also, been working on tutorial level. I will be posting gif about it. Im pretty happy how its going along. Also makes Scatteria feel again bit more like a real game.

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2018, 04:37:06 AM »

Last month or so I been just fixing bugs.. bugs bugs and bugs.
Last update (v0.10) was actually pretty awful. Game breaker bugs like controllers.. Every controller moved every players. Controllers worked perfectly on older versions. I made some changes to the controller code and I only had one ps3 type of controller to test with it. Big mistake. Well I bought another controller now and I learned from my mistakes.

Also there was another big bug that sometimes weapons didnt work after you respawned.. doh!
Well, there was around 20 other smaller bugs which should be fixed now on newest version 0.11 available at
https://sazem.itch.io/scatteria

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2019, 01:47:06 AM »

Latest thing Ive been working is the network code. Totally new area to me, so I would say its been bit hard! :D
I hope I can manage to finish the network code in January. Then polish like a hell and try to publish Scatteria into Early acess finally.

Anyway I wanted to have a day break on a multiplayer code, so I started to work on the water in the game. Added dynamic bubbles, waves (hacky, but works  Well, hello there! ), splash particles and some sound effects!

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2019, 12:00:14 PM »

Its been raining all day today. So I got inspired and made rain to Scatteria too ! :D
Also new default weapon, pistol!

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2019, 11:25:45 AM »

Just breaking stuff:

thejevonjames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2019, 11:39:58 AM »

I think this is the project I saw on here that pushed me to finally say "I probably don't know enough yet, but I'm going to start my game". I love how you basically learned as you went along, it's looking super! Good work brother.
andyfromiowa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2019, 09:42:53 PM »

Shocked Whoa! Everything about this looks great! Gameplay looks fun and the pixel art, animations, and physics are all exceptional.

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2019, 02:46:59 AM »

I think this is the project I saw on here that pushed me to finally say "I probably don't know enough yet, but I'm going to start my game". I love how you basically learned as you went along, it's looking super! Good work brother.

Thanks! Nice to hear that you got motivated! I think thats the best way to go, you will always learn more and there isnt point that you learned it all. So just start no matter what level you are in.
 Im the worst person to say but I would recommend to keep the scope small. Ive ended up this limbo where my skills are improving and then im changing (all) the stuff that I dont feel is good enought and end up never finishing the game haha. But also I never lost the motivation for this project so I dont mind.
Good luck with your project(s)!!

Shocked Whoa! Everything about this looks great! Gameplay looks fun and the pixel art, animations, and physics are all exceptional.

Wow thanks for the kind feedback! I am trying hard get this best as possible. Sometimes I feel im lost of the correct direction but when I step back and look it from another perspective, I think I am on a correct track.

Currently I am in a really in a valley of death or something haha. The normal game is broken because its about 35% of network aware and the old code base doesnt work aka the game isnt playable like before. I just have to grind the last amount and hope it works, yaks! :D

andyfromiowa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2019, 11:40:50 AM »

Wow thanks for the kind feedback! I am trying hard get this best as possible. Sometimes I feel im lost of the correct direction but when I step back and look it from another perspective, I think I am on a correct track.

Currently I am in a really in a valley of death or something haha. The normal game is broken because its about 35% of network aware and the old code base doesnt work aka the game isnt playable like before. I just have to grind the last amount and hope it works, yaks! :D

It's always hard to take a step backwards before you can go forwards. It seems like you're finding the motivation and it seems like you have a clear vision of what you want to improve upon. So, I'll be willing to bet you work it out sooner than you'd think. Good luck!

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2019, 08:58:53 AM »

Step by step this game is coming along. Last week I tested first time the game over internet with multiple computers and it now somewhat has a working game loop. Players can die and respawn. Most of the things works more or less, but at least Im happy now I can finally see light at the end of this "network code" tunnel! So much work to do and then so much polish to do.

While I was making the explosions & grenades into network aware, I dedicated to update them at the same. Has new physics, explosion and masks.

bacon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2019, 11:59:40 AM »

Just discovered this via the screenshot saturday post and man this looks incredible.

CANTATA
bryku
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2019, 02:19:02 AM »

This is looking great. Keep it up!

Busy working on xcom-like, steampunk/vermintide pixel art strategy game called "Shardpunk".

Devlog | Twitter | Webpage
filbs111
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2019, 07:29:43 AM »

This looks fab.
Alexei_ost
Level 0

Give me a game, I'll give you music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2019, 05:36:24 PM »

Hey, there! I love the idea for this game. And I agree that the ability to destroy everything is a must Smiley Unfortunately I have mac so can't play the demo, but I hope there will be mac release too?

Anyway, I'm a music composer. I've done a few tunes for indie games and I'm looking for great game to collaborate doing the music. I took the freedom of building a playlist of my songs that I think could fit the genre :D https://soundcloud.com/alexei_ost/sets/scatteria. In case you're interested, my twitter handle is @alexei_ost or e-mail [email protected]

Greetings and congrats on the game!

Alexei

Game music composer, taco lover and doom bringer.

https://soundcloud.com/alexei_ost
Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2019, 05:41:07 AM »

Thanks guys for the great feedback!

I posted this before on Twitter but I forgot the post it here too.
When I get bored on working the network code I start to make VFXs.

So Ive been working on nuclear explosion for the game. Here is the first test clip. Its just a looping currently. Next stage is to make the explosion flash itself, destroy environment, sound effects, blastwave etc.

For now its a good start:

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2019, 03:01:35 AM »

No real news lately. Still working on the network code and updating all of the old system to work with the multiplayer code. At least I am finally getting out of the tunnel. I only have few big issues before I can start making the code work more efficient. Currently its very crude & laggy.

To get break from the network stuff I really wanted to make a more dynamic water. Also it works as limitter on some levels. It took me a way longer than I originally expected. Almost gave up in few times but after spending three days on this I dedicated not to give up and finally I got it working! For the end result Im very happy and it really brings so much into the general "game feel" that it was worth it. Totally time spend 36hours, almost one week.

Here is a recipe I wrote on Reddit how it was made
-Water is a 3d mesh. (Made procedurally with a script. It checks the limits of tilemaps depenging the water spawn position)
-Wave is made by moving top vertices with given hitpoint and velocity.
-LineRenderer is set also to match these top verticies to make the water pop little more.
-Particle effect and audio also into the hit effect.

-Also I have a effect sprite in camera with transparency. Everytime player goes inside water that is enabled.
-Lastly I have an another audio mix with water bubble effects that is put on to make underwater sound (this isnt really heard in the video).

Also one funny thing happened. While I made the old bubbles work with this, randomly spawn around the water area I accidently made one bug that let the bubbles come outside of the water. It instantly felt like poison.. So I changed the water color to green and pumped the bubbles amount way up. It actually worked better than I expected.
So thanks to this bug I have now two different liquids in the game. Tongue

mesmith
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2019, 06:21:06 PM »

This is looking great! I'm inspired by your perseverance and motivation to see it through. Looking forward to seeing where you take it.
Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2019, 09:44:21 AM »

We made our second online beta test between Spain - Netherlands - Finland. The game works actually surprisingly good! The beta testers had some small issues with inputs etc but overally it was really fun to play (and hectic). This development have hads its up and downs but this moment was actually one of the greatest. All that hard work finally paying off! That freaking online code has been a way harder to make that I originally expected...

Here is small video made out of that beta test:

This is looking great! I'm inspired by your perseverance and motivation to see it through. Looking forward to seeing where you take it.
Than you! I am trying to best to finish this damn project someday Tongue

Bombini
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2019, 12:10:19 AM »

Looking very cool!
Props for staying with it for such a long time!
Wishlisted Smiley

badbones13
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2019, 10:41:56 PM »

Wow, this will be strong. Let us updated.

Belive in yourself
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic