Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1369558 Posts in 64360 Topics- by 56379 Members - Latest Member: ProdByAaronP

November 21, 2019, 03:25:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsScatteria [2d post-apocalyptic platformer] Released today in Early Access!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Scatteria [2d post-apocalyptic platformer] Released today in Early Access!  (Read 15966 times)
Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2019, 10:46:18 AM »

Sure, here is the latest news.
Today Steam gave me permission to release! So I am going to push the self destr... release button on 8th of november 2019.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/926400/Scatteria/

Ive been only programming for the last... year or so. Not so much art or something cool to show. But, well I will just add this here.

I totally failed at marketing. I got like 700 wishlists, so lets see what happens :D
If this game dont tank and dissapear with other gazillion games released propably the same day its going to be a small wonder.

Schrompf
Level 6

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2019, 11:03:48 PM »

The Steam page is a bit lacking IMO. Is there any single player content or is it just multiplayer? And judging from the wishlist count: are there bots or are you solely relying on humans to provide gameplay?

I personally was hoping for a single player campaign with some cheesy story line.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2019, 07:38:37 AM »

What areas I could improve in your opinion? I am all open for ideas. The communication is very important and if storefront is unclear let me know what I should change? Smiley

Current version doesnt have singleplayer mode still. Its only split screen or online multiplayer game.
this year Ive been redoing my code base to change it multiplayer aware which took a way more than I originally expected, also was way more harder.
I am going to start implenting the singleplayer mode most likely in Q1 2020. No idea how long it will took thou Smiley

Schrompf
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2019, 11:26:47 PM »

Good to hear you already have singleplayer on your slides. Still I wonder if releasing it now might be too early. Mind you: you only have one shot on Steam. The day you release is the only day your game will be present to hundreds of millions of players. The very next day you're already down to a "natural" stream of visits, which is more in the hundreds then in the millions. So if you release, make sure that your first players will want to recommend your game. And that's going to be difficult if each of them buys it, starts it once and notices she can only run around deserted servers with nothing to shoot.

And for the Steam page: I missed a few lines about what the actual gameplay is. You have that, but it's shrouded IMO. A clear "multiplayer ONLY against other players, pure deathmatch, capture the flag, ..." would have helped. But maybe you intended it to be less obvious... after all I'd refrain from buying multiplayer-only games from indie devs when even large AAA releases sometimes struggle to get their servers populated. And populated servers are the only means of playing this game. So a clear "multiplayer only" message would probably keep me from buying it. Hm. Difficult.

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2019, 04:02:02 AM »

Yep, I totally agree with you this one. Though spot currently but I have to make the release now, going too thin already with the money. Would love to use couple of more months making it more polished with more features & make more markting.

I know its that one shot I got and even not doing at all marketing before is like I shot myself into feet already Tongue
The one good thing is that I am solo dev, so the income dont have to be really huge to me to continue. Lets see from the feedback which I am going to make as my first priority. Most likely it will be singleplayer.

There wasnt any means to be obscure with storefront. I have to make the points more clearer. I dont want the users the get wrong ideas and get bad reviews because of that.

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2019, 09:58:56 AM »

So I just pressed the release key! Lets see what happens.  Beer!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/926400/Scatteria__Postapocalyptic_shooter/

Schrompf
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2019, 01:20:53 AM »

Good luck!

Bombini
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2019, 06:20:37 AM »

Hi,

i would urgently activate singleplayer.
Even if its just a sandbox without enemies. Just a sandbox where you can explore, destroy some loot and collect some stuff. The current version realy under sells what you have in mind.

Cheers!

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2019, 01:39:54 AM »

Hi,

i would urgently activate singleplayer.
Even if its just a sandbox without enemies. Just a sandbox where you can explore, destroy some loot and collect some stuff. The current version realy under sells what you have in mind.

Cheers!

It is possible to already play splitscreen alone.
Select 1 player and then hit aim with controller or with keyboards.
I am currently working on a tutorial level and I will try my best to make one small singleplayer level with simple A.I That you can kill. Hopefully I got this update done this week and I will update it to Steam! Thanks for the patience!

The guy who review the game in youtube and couldnt play, I think there was a bug when he hit the start and nothing happened and then finally he moved on to try the online code. He was so close Tongue
That ui bug was fixed already in 0.21v.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic