Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:52:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallA Meaty Announcment!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: A Meaty Announcment!  (Read 10376 times)
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2009, 10:02:34 PM »

I just posted a meaty little tid bit on my blog about one of the 2 big projects im working on this year (with yummy little character pics!), a little game called.

SUPER MEAT BOY!
http://edmundmcmillen.blogspot.com/

im not sure what i can say yet about what we are deving it for, but reguardless of the console it comes out on we will also be releasing it on PC!

It should be a fun one to work on Smiley

oh and its programmed by Tommy Refenes.. mmmmmm tommmy.
-Edmund

AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 06:44:05 AM »

super metroid, super mario, super castlevania, super ghouls n ghosts...
and now super meatboy...!
cant wait to see ingame footage.  Gentleman

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 06:59:58 AM »

Hmmm.... I wonder which console it could be....  Cool

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 07:17:34 AM »

This is great. Can't wait! Hopefully I'll have a new computer to run it by then, too.

Levin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 12:53:00 PM »

It' an amazing news, as I wrote on your blog  Beer! Hope you'll soon tell us new info about it Smiley
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 01:05:32 PM »

It' an amazing news, as I wrote on your blog  Beer! Hope you'll soon tell us new info about it Smiley

Id like to say what we are deving it for now, but honestly im unclear on what i can and cant say because of NDA stuff. Ive e-mailed my rep. and hopefully will have the details on how i can word things so there arnt any NDA conflicts.

but its not that hard to guess what we are developing it for.

Either way everyone who owns a pc will get to play it in the end.
AndyWiltshireBPA
Level 1

BulletProofArcade.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 01:12:21 PM »

Thanks for the link to your blog, wanna keep track, not sure about the title tho "Edmunds Dev Blog for gay nerds " lmao

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 01:13:38 PM »

Does that mean it'll be freeware?

Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 01:32:32 PM »

Thanks for the link to your blog, wanna keep track, not sure about the title tho "Edmunds Dev Blog for gay nerds " lmao

Yeah i thought it was a pretty sexy title.

Does that mean it'll be freeware?

Nope, Super Meat boy will not be freeware. It will be a full length Pc/console title with all the bells an whistles(physics/lighting/awesome). it will also feature multiplayer and an in depth level editor and tons of unlockable characters, hopfully all indie Smiley. (it wont be made in flash)
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 01:34:29 PM »

Ah, the "everyone" in that sentence made me think so. Oh well, looking forward to it! Beer!

The-Imp
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 02:21:00 PM »

Oh.
My.
God.
I've had a miraculous string of great days!

I HOPE TOMORROW CONTAINS DELICIOUS/GOOD NEWS!
Hand Shake LeftTears of JoyHand Shake Right
ACardboardRobot
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 03:44:47 PM »

Nope, Super Meat boy will not be freeware. It will be a full length Pc/console title with all the bells an whistles(physics/lighting/awesome). it will also feature multiplayer and an in depth level editor and tons of unlockable characters, hopfully all indie Smiley. (it wont be made in flash)
Multiplayer Meat Boy? I'm intrigued, tell me more
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 03:57:56 PM »

one mode we are playing with is 2 player one screen setup, the leading player controls the virtical scroll speed of the level. both players are physical so not only can you push one another around, you can also wall jump off each other in mid air Smiley.
The-Imp
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 04:07:25 PM »

Not... Free...
Cry Hand Thumbs Down Right

Are you thinking of releasing a demo before purchasing?
Sad
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 04:15:40 PM »

Not... Free...
Cry Hand Thumbs Down Right

Are you thinking of releasing a demo before purchasing?
Sad

Do you just want me to keep making half assed shorthand prototypes in flash and being really poor? or do you want fully developed and lasting gaming experiences?

Making a flash prototype in a few weeks for a few K is fine, but if im spending 6+ months on something i cant just give it away for free. Also i cant really release something on console and then put it on pc for free now can i ?  Huh?

Im sure we will put out a demo for the Pc version.. you kids and your freeware games.
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 04:41:24 PM »

one mode we are playing with is 2 player one screen setup, the leading player controls the virtical scroll speed of the level. both players are physical so not only can you push one another around, you can also wall jump off each other in mid air Smiley.

Hells yes, the next level of walljumping. Certainly sounds intriguing!

Levin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 04:52:12 PM »

wow! so, finally it will be an improved version of Meat Boy? I mean, same concept, same controls but a loooooot of new features?  Kiss

P.S. Edmund, have you received my new pm?  Grin
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 04:56:32 PM »

wow! so, finally it will be an improved version of Meat Boy? I mean, same concept, same controls but a loooooot of new features?  Kiss

The gameplay will be basically the same, a mostly vertical platformer with lots of wall jumping and a higher then normal difficulty level. But Tommy and i are playing around with physical objects, boss fights, side scrolling levels and loads of new "things that kill you". the controls will also be fine tuned and we will probably add a run button as well as the jump for extra control.

Devlin
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 04:58:45 PM »

I just had a crack at meat boy on newgrounds.
It's good stuff. although the game is way too tiny even at 1024x768!

I look forward with anticipation to Super Meat Boy.
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 06:56:14 PM »

The gameplay will be basically the same, a mostly vertical platformer with lots of wall jumping and a higher then normal difficulty level. But Tommy and i are playing around with physical objects, boss fights, side scrolling levels and loads of new "things that kill you". the controls will also be fine tuned and we will probably add a run button as well as the jump for extra control.

You said boss fights. Shocked Hand Thumbs Up Right

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic