Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411412 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 15, 2024, 11:31:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDriving Survival game
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Driving Survival game  (Read 114404 times)
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2016, 10:10:50 AM »

This looks beautiful.

flex$
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2016, 12:26:08 PM »

looks horrifying and fun. cannot wait to play.

PirateFish
Level 0

:(){ :|: & };:

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2016, 02:10:34 PM »

The AI really seems to be nice. I guess this game couldn't live without good AI. Looks damn great by the way.
WilboWaggins
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2016, 02:30:27 PM »

Looks fantastic with a great mood. Good wheel support and head-tracking would make this super immersive.
Acierocolotl
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2016, 02:41:31 PM »

I'm smitten by the concept already.  I mean, I don't want to sound fawning, but I'm terribly smitten by it.

I absolutely love driving, especially at night, and over very long distances.  I'm also rather a fan of sim-racing, and I know that's not quite the angle you're using (since I imagine you'd like it more approachable to people less interested in that sort of driving) but I thought I'd offer a few suggestions to issues you were toying with, regarding the car chases.

It looks rainy and wet in this world, so it stands to reason, I think, that there should be more environmental hazards: water-filled ditches, muddy fields and so forth.  Getting shoved in to one of those and running the risk of getting mired up to the axles could result in some tense moments trying to work the car free while the bad guys stroll up to do their business.

I know adding car damage is going to add a lot of complexity to the code, but I think it could be used to good effect.  Most of it could be more-or-less cosmetic, with the back end of the car starting to get knocked in, the trunk lid might start flapping in the wind (obscuring the rear view mirror on occasion), or a bumper bolt might shear off and let part of the bumper drag on the road, throwing up sparks on the pavement.

I know you've covered this already, but I'm hoping for some VR support.  Unity does have a few libraries to support OpenVR so it may not be too difficult.  I was watching the first-person views and easily visualizing how I might look over my shoulder to see where the pursuit is, etc.
randomhero24
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2016, 09:02:24 PM »

Can your car stall? Battling the car's engine ala many horror chases would add some spice.
MrDoodoolo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2016, 07:45:51 AM »

Just found this game and wanted to say that it looks amazing, graphics and physics wise. Looks pretty interesting and cannot wait to get a chance to play it. One thing is that you should definitely add is good car collision physics, maybe you can try doing something like beamng?
Other than that, can't wait to see what it'll come out as
halsariph
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2016, 07:55:38 AM »

When you get ready for some testers I'd love to give it a run. It looks really interesting so far.
_glitch
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2016, 07:56:44 AM »

Yeah, it looks really good
svecka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2016, 08:58:45 AM »

@Author

I would really loved to see "chapter", where you have to escape the truck with a car.  I suggest, that you look upon the great movie "Duel" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067023/), where the atmosphere and being chased is presented spectacular. 

Just imagining you are driving normally, and then while you are driving there shows side by side another view of the truck whose he slowly starts to drive and you don't have a clue where it will show up until the last moment when his light turn on he is suddenly behind you. 

Also if there would be chapters, you could like in the movie stop and have a rest and another side by side camera (or even three of four as in some multicamera horror games). Shows the wheels of the truck as he drives, he stops, and someone walks out of it. IMHO never show their faces, until the end....or IMHO the crazy person who is chasing you should wear crazy scary killer mask, not the main average joe.

Love the game and i hope that chasing would bring more interesting scenes as closed bridge, road block, car accident, train passing and so on, which would bring obstacles to the player as he must try to avoid "obstacles" on the road and prevent to be stopped.
enkcrypt
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2016, 09:31:19 AM »

Wow, awesome concept for a game! I love the cars, because i've lived in the German Democratic Republic as a kid, so i'm used to Moskvich, Lada and so on. I've done a little article on the project, to spread the word: http://www.boobsandbullets.com/driving-survival-ein-surreales-horrorspiel-ueber-verfolgungsjagden. Totally hyped for the full release, keep on the good work!
ed_knight
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2016, 11:49:30 AM »

I absolutely love this, and I'm not a fan of driving games.

If I had one suggestion it'd be to make it first person only, it helps with the atmosphere and definitely makes it more scary
PirateFish
Level 0

:(){ :|: & };:

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2016, 12:05:57 PM »

Funny how there's 8 first time posters almost in a row.
joemusashi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2016, 12:51:51 PM »

When do you plan to release this?
salami
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2016, 03:16:14 PM »

With VR, this could potentially go from quite creepy to ultimately terrifying. Very impressive stuff here.

By the way. You know how there's the term "road rage"? How about the game be called something like Road Terror or something along those lines? That would be pretty nifty.
RatPatrol
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2016, 05:48:13 PM »

Can I use a Steering Wheel .... this so awesome

Alpha Supporter:
Endless Space
The Dead Linger
Firefall - Founder Level Supporter
Dead State
Star Force
Kinetic Void
Kenshi
Door Kickers

Beta Player:
Diablo III
Defiance
Firefalll - Founder
RatPatrol
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2016, 05:56:26 PM »

Have you tried playing the game with a first-person camera? What did you think about that?

Kind of like it - although it makes d-fens quite harder than in 3rd person view

this reminds me of driving around DayZ - once I got a car running ....

Alpha Supporter:
Endless Space
The Dead Linger
Firefall - Founder Level Supporter
Dead State
Star Force
Kinetic Void
Kenshi
Door Kickers

Beta Player:
Diablo III
Defiance
Firefalll - Founder
pedsann
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2016, 01:30:14 AM »

I remember when I was kid playing Super Monaco GP on Megadrive (Genesis in some places) and there was a pilot impossible to beat in first season. Even if you passes him, he magically appears half lap ahead!

Really nice work. Congratulations.

There are plans to console release (xbox please) ?
marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2016, 01:48:51 AM »

looks awesome. amazing how well you capture the wet, dark night feeling. I watched the video with 2 cars chasing each other hoping for the guys to get out and start beating on the car, but maybe that was an old video?

Fossil420
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2016, 03:53:21 AM »

Hi i'm Fossil420 and i love this game!!!
Can i Make a Reactions Video for youtube? with trailers?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic