Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 05:43:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[Released][iOS][Android]Inside Pete, the action strategy videogame
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: [Released][iOS][Android]Inside Pete, the action strategy videogame  (Read 7338 times)
sec32
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: October 06, 2014, 08:19:12 AM »

Inside Pete has been released!

Boom shalockalocka boom boom. Inside Pete has finally shapeshifted from production phase to in your face.

YouTube gameplay video:

Now go and play!
Apple App Store location: http://apple.co/2iP1BJa
Google Play Store location: http://bit.ly/2B8Vsyv

Enjoy!

Piet

Old content:

Register at insidepete.com/alpha to get your test copy!

GAMEPLAY
This alpha footage gives a good idea about the battle zone which is the body of Pete:

SUMMARY
Inside Pete is a strategy videogame with real time action. Find a balance between creating units, battle tactics and resource management in order to expand and upgrade your platoon.

LOOKING FOR MORE INFORMATION?
Take the tour at http://www.insidepete.com/what.php

SCREENSHOTS

« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 12:05:35 PM by sec32 » Logged
sec32
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 08:53:48 AM »

I didn't want to post it here yet, because the soundtrack needs to be replaced, but here you go; the teaser trailer for Inside Pete, the game.

Piet
sec32
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 03:51:50 AM »

So what is Inside Pete?

Foremost, it’s a strategic mobile game that will be released early 2015 for both iOS and Android. But it’s also a free background story website. Both are very different, but take place in the same universe.

GAME:

You travel through Pete’s body one vessel at a time. Each level, you move from a predefined starting point to a fixed end point within one particular vessel and clean it up on the way. Don’t worry, if it sounds disgusting, it really is.

Foes enter from the right hand side of the screen. Right is this side: ->. You must prevent them from reaching the firewall, which is what we call the separation between your base and the battle zone. You do this by murdering and killing.

Use white blood cells, which come in red, green and orange, to attack the enemy organisms, which come in red, green, orange and a whole lot of other colors. Blood cells like to attack in groups, because they like dying together. The nano bot in your bases clones new blood cells to replace the fallen ones.
That sounds easy, huh? It really is, even you can play this game.

STORY

The background website allows you to take a look in Pete’s brain, who’s stuck in the past. Please try it yourself at http://www.insidepete.com/story/. It's free. And fun.
sec32
Level 1

View Profile WWW
UI
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 03:36:30 AM »

For this type of game, or for any action strategy game, for that matter, the user interface is very important. I've put a lot of time in making an interface that works on devices of different sizes. Also, it starts out very simple in the beginning of the game, but grows together with the experience.

I've (loosely) based the markings in the 'base' on airport ground markings. I've always loved those  Smiley

The Inside Pete interface grows together with your experience:

The interface is built for both large and small screens:

Murdering and killing has never been easier and more satisfying:

sec32
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 09:28:41 AM »

Fresh ASCII art from our designer about Pete's physical doorway to the game world: *

younow waddamean
sec32
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 08:48:05 AM »

Did you know animated GIFs are older than Flash? True story. Here's one:

sec32
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 01:01:20 AM »

I just replaced the soundtrack of the teaser by a royalty free version. Avoiding being sued and that kind of stuff  Wink

Here you go:

Enjoy.
sec32
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 11:14:59 AM »

Long time no post. Here are some more animated GIF's to keep you going ^^

These are the 3 types of units, with all of their moves:

sec32
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 06:14:37 AM »

Pete's got 99 problems, en empty fridge is one.

Just saying.
sec32
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 05:10:07 AM »

I'm going to keep trying until I get a comment from anybody. My mother, a friend, a colleague, anybody will do ^^

Anybody up for some concept art? These are some of the foes roaming around in Pete's guts.

sec32
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2014, 12:08:30 PM »

I would like to dedicate 100% of my time to developing my game, but as most other indie developers I have to share it with promoting the game. Last week, I was lucky enough to have a brainstorm (organized by http://www.flandersinshape.be) in the beautiful building of the Howest Game Development School (http://www.howest.be/thelevel/multimedia.html).
A big fat gluten included thank you to the participants of the brainstorm.

sec32
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 12:52:16 AM »

Looking back at those pictures, horizontal stripes are not my friend. Burgers are.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2014, 01:32:32 AM »

This looks an interesting idea! I like the art. Smiley
sec32
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2014, 01:52:04 AM »

My first comment! I'm going to celebrate it right away. With cheetos and beer. As breakfast.

Thanks a lot, happymonster. We're working hard to finish the rest of the enemies. I'll post them here if we have a new bunch ready.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 02:02:01 AM »

There are a lot of views with hardly any comments in this forum (probably due to the sheer amount of new projects announced, it causes post fatigue!). I have the same issue with my projects.

Still, people are reading and enjoying your posts Smiley
sec32
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 01:49:22 AM »

On the internets people have an attention span of about 1200 milliseconds. Chances are you didn't make it this far into the text and switched to looking at a cat video. For you, and everybody else of the digital generation, I made a video about the gameplay.

sec32
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2014, 09:23:27 AM »

My wife doesn't like it, apparently. Really, really, really doesn't like it.
sec32
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2015, 10:58:28 PM »

Pete is old. And fat. But really old. He lived long enough to have his favorite era: the 80's. In honor of Pete and that fabulous era, we have kitch-o-fied the logo of Sector 32, my one-man-company which will publish the game.

sec32
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 11:56:13 PM »

My ugly face, a quick summary of the story for all you tl;dr guys, and moving images of some enemies. Enjoy. I hope.

dancing_dead
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2015, 12:48:48 AM »

this looks really good and polished. I'm surprised to find such a tiny amount of verbal attention. perhaps it's the name?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic