Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 01:42:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopOBEY - action strategy/stealth game about coercion Trailer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: OBEY - action strategy/stealth game about coercion Trailer  (Read 1274 times)
dez
Level 1

^_^

View Profile WWW
« on: October 06, 2014, 08:40:48 AM »

Hi everyone,

I could really use some feedback on my trailer for my game, OBEY.
Please write your responses after watching but before looking up anything about the game.

Is anything offputting?
Does it make you intersted in the game?   why or why not?

Thanks for any responses!  Tears of Joy
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 01:22:30 PM by dez » Logged

I'm developing OBEY - Steam | Devlog | Twitter | Facebook
lucasblucas
Level 0

@lucasrowe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 07:20:40 PM »

Not a pro in the category of video at all but here are some thoughts.

I love the low poly style and colors and it looks best to me at the more zoomed out first person perspective (at 0:17).

I'm having a hard time telling what the goal of the game is. It looks like a multiplayer game when it says "ally with friends" but then it says "subvert them" and shows what it's been showing the whole time (sheep/dogs charging into the tower). My guess is it's a sort of strategy game where you can play as either the robot or the creatures. You try to get the creatures to work for you as the robot and you try to rebel as the creatures.

My reaction as just a dude who doesn't love morbid humor too much is that the relatively cute things are getting destroyed by the robot in what's trying to be a comical way. Sound effects and silly music go a long way to telling me how to feel.

As a gamer, for me to be interested in a game from a trailer I either need to see footage of what I know is gameplay or it has to be a damn good trailer that shows a lot of style. I'm struggling to see what the gameplay is and the style alone isn't selling me on it. It looks like you've got enough going on in the game though that you could remedy the issue by showing more gameplay (or being more obvious about what the gameplay is).

Currently working on Sparklite .
dez
Level 1

^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 01:22:06 PM »

Hey lucas,

thanks so much for responding, and really good feedback!
I did get some similar responses from friends that you gave too and I tried to address them in this version:

would you tell me your thoughts about this version?

I'm developing OBEY - Steam | Devlog | Twitter | Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic