Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:39:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingUntitled Exploration/Action Platformer
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Untitled Exploration/Action Platformer  (Read 11909 times)
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2007, 08:24:36 PM »

The cape and character colour reminds me of nibbler from futurama.
Dude, yeah, me too. I just couldn't place it.
Oi, Stwely, I really hope you lay some bitchin' pixxlz on this motha', na'am say'n? I mean, normally I'd see screens like this and bee like "cool", but knowing that you've got the potential for much more awesome (especially in those ground tiles), it makes me anticipatious of the final style. Also, I like the way the ghost looks, and the concept is cool. And by concept I mean both concept art and concept for the game. Though I'd really like to see some concept art for the ghost version.

And Grave!

I see a grave(?) in the forest. It'd be cool if that [graves] had some kind of ghostly game mechanic.

Stwelin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2007, 07:32:11 AM »

The graves (well, they're actually more like epitaphs, or shrines) allow you to transport yourself back to your body without being close to it. I made this wicked bezier curve thing that floats all over the place when the soul goes across the screen to the body, i though it was pretty slick. Tongue

And on the subject of the tiles, background, etc, they are getting close to being done. Been doing some tweaks since those screens were taken, but still not really satisfied with them myself. There are still a lot of atmospheric/aesthetic things to be added, extra foliage, critters, et cetera.

I start classes tomorrow, so I am probably going to be swamped for the next week, at least, but I shy try to devote any free time I can to working on this. I have in my head exactly where I want to go with this project, in terms of the look, the boss battles, npcs, storyline... i just have to code it before i lose interest in it, or other things (see: work, school) drag me away.

Peace!
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2007, 08:43:47 AM »

Very nice, very nice indeed Smiley

I dig the vibe man, the only resemblance I see to Knytt now is an attention to how atmospheric a level can be, congrats and keep up the great work man! I can't wait to play this one...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 05:32:36 PM by Derek » Logged

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2007, 05:14:27 PM »

I'm not complaining, it's nice to have another game similar to Knytt.
We're going to have hundreds more in a few months, as Knytt Stories comes out Thursday. I've been beta-testing for a month, now. Cool

sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2007, 12:19:42 AM »

This is starting to look really excellent. The counter intrigues me!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic