Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:16:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSTEAL - 2D stealth game
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: STEAL - 2D stealth game  (Read 9585 times)
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 03:59:59 AM »

Last update of the year:

The prototype is almost ready, I've finally integrated some sounds and musics and polished everything, I just still need to fix some bugs and we'll have a build to share, initially with just a restricted amount of people to setup playtesting sessions, and then depending on how it goes we'll see what to do next!

And I must say that I'm really proud of the current state, it feels to be a "real" game (sounds changes everything, I should have added them sooner), and I really enjoy testing it on my TV from my couch with the gamepad. Smiley

See you next year!

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2015, 02:44:04 AM »

Hi all and happy new year!

We're back presenting the current work in progress on gadgets, they are functional but we still need to implement some more fancy effects.

So today let's start with the sound lure:

The purpose of this gadget is quite obvious, you throw it to attract guards at the lure position.
See you tomorrow for a new one!

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2015, 02:20:07 AM »

Today let me introduce you the EMP grenade:

It allows to disable electronic devices like lasers, cameras, lights (including guards flashlights). But warning, players can also be affected, disabling all gadgets for some time, so don't throw it on yourself!

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2015, 06:32:14 AM »

Back presenting gadgets!
This time here is the classic invisibility cloak:

Currently it lasts 5 seconds when activated, and of course you'll need to stay quiet as you're still making noise when invisible.

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2015, 01:44:17 AM »

Hey everyone,

A last gadget update for now about something directly imported from one of my favorite games: Blink!

Like in Dishonored, it's a short distance teleportation, and you can't teleport through walls or other obstacles. It's perfect when you're chased by a guard for instance, you can wait for him and teleport just behind him to make him lose your track.

We're not displaying any special effect when using it yet, so don't hesitate if you have ideas for us to make it cool.

Paul
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2015, 02:56:16 AM »

The blink should work well as long as its not overpowered. How will it be regulated? A charge bar or something? A dash could also do something similar, but not give too much of an advantage. I remember people complaining that it made Dishonoured a but too easy in places
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2015, 04:25:25 AM »

The blink should work well as long as its not overpowered. How will it be regulated? A charge bar or something? A dash could also do something similar, but not give too much of an advantage. I remember people complaining that it made Dishonoured a but too easy in places

Currently it's a one time charge with a long cooldown to reuse it (1 minute). But we'll probably test other setup when we'll have time, maybe a charge bar allowing 2 or 3 blinks when it's full and recharging very slowly, we'll see... But yeah, we don't want it to be something you'll always use like in Dishonored, it's more a sort of "ult" like in MOBA games, something powerful to get you out of troubles but with a big cooldown. Anyway balancing everything is still a big part we need to tackle...

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2015, 07:32:20 AM »

Hey guys,

I'm back with a last update for this project, as you may probably have noticed, I'm currently a lot more active on another project (Wanderer), and actually I moved on it at 100%, so STEAL is officialy on hold for now. I'm still hoping to come back to it later, we'll see...

And as we have a prototype ready, it would be a shame to not release it, so don't hesitate to give it a try:
http://fenrir.itch.io/steal

See you!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic