Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411424 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:36:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDevs Getting Fit
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
Print
Author Topic: Devs Getting Fit  (Read 40408 times)
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 07, 2019, 11:48:24 AM »

go to 10:15 to skip ads
http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/4/e/b/4eb74dcdea381ce8/Soylent.mp3?c_id=48889007&cs_id=48889007&destination_id=139740&expiration=1565213226&hwt=a2d58180ec028b550a9099c669089dbf

velocirection
Level 2

Your favorite pizza raptor game developer

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 07, 2019, 03:10:25 PM »

I feel like clicking a link like that will make my computer very unhealthy and not fit like me.

https://twitter.com/velocirection
(WARNING- NSFW, 18+! Adults only!)
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 08, 2019, 01:07:22 AM »

I feel like clicking a link like that will make my computer very unhealthy and not fit like me.
dont worry just click on it, trust me
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2019, 10:18:51 AM »

youtube version:
https://youtu.be/QYafzHUzJms?t=800
Pfotegeist
« Reply #244 on: August 14, 2019, 06:10:21 PM »

My current problem is that I'm naturally waking up early, with adrenaline, so I tried walking. Today I started writing to entertain myself, and my eyesight's still not great.

I think I'll try writing while I have adrenaline. So I read that adrenaline is a natural steroid or it produces the steroids, and I need to build my wrist and eye muscles, it should make perfect sense.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 20, 2019, 05:14:35 PM »

turns out having a pretty involved sedentary job actually makes me exercise more because i need some contrast and stress relief. i've lost a bunch of weight over the summer and am in better shape than i've been in the last 5 years probably. cool.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 21, 2019, 12:40:30 AM »

turns out having a pretty involved sedentary job actually makes me exercise more because i need some contrast and stress relief. i've lost a bunch of weight over the summer and am in better shape than i've been in the last 5 years probably. cool.
bad ass
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 21, 2019, 04:11:32 AM »

yes

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 21, 2019, 04:20:09 AM »

i made myself a "standing desk" by putting my laptop on top of an ikea storage unit and a mouse in one of the lower shelves so that one of my chronic wounds can take a break and let me tell you, my posture has never been better even if i still have this one last recalcitrant hole in my body
Pfotegeist
« Reply #249 on: September 07, 2019, 04:08:55 PM »

I saw a tip to trace the alphabet with your foot to exercise the slow twitch muscles of the ankle.

I went a little further and tried this for other highly mobile joints and it's pretty useful if there's no access to choreographed martial arts. It's not going to get my heart rate up, but it puts a bit of stress in every direction.

Also, I went for a jog and I could feel I wasn't quite strong enough at the point my chest is held up so I take it my breathing technique is still lacking.
velocirection
Level 2

Your favorite pizza raptor game developer

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 09, 2019, 08:33:47 PM »

Update: ya boy velocirection is still gettin it at the gym
https://imgur.com/FoEKPdo
(sfw but in case you don't want to see me lookin' like a snacc  Wink)

https://twitter.com/velocirection
(WARNING- NSFW, 18+! Adults only!)
Pfotegeist
« Reply #251 on: September 21, 2019, 06:57:53 PM »

I'm not sure what is left to say about my progress. Maybe a day or a week or forever, I will finally reach the level of comfort where I don't feel like I'm getting stabbed around the shoulder or my face. Those are still the problem areas, especially right now I'm trying to let my shoulders roll to some neutral balance position, and I start to practice smile.

quick update: Balancing my shoulder seemed easy but they're quickly getting irritated by the new posture so I'm going to take a while just to get this right. Anyways, I feel motivated to do this because my upper back circulation has been improving and holding the same shoulder posture all the time was starting to be a burden on its own.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 03:42:08 AM by Pfotegeist » Logged
RoyalJello
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 22, 2019, 12:10:32 PM »

Holidays are definitely improving my self care, aside regular exercise. I'm skiving off my friends gym membership, which is a good time for doing aerobic circuits Tongue
Otherwise, I'm relaxing a bit more.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #253 on: September 23, 2019, 07:23:36 PM »

I noticed when I went for a brief jog was I left many supporting muscles weak. This caused my chest to deflate each step and put pressure on my upper back. I've been working on understanding this, and relaxing.

Back to meditation, when I breathe deep it could be said it forces an expanding motion from stomach to neck, and without impediment it supports posture. Before I breathe out I transfer the weight to different muscles gradually relaxing them to breathe out.

Initially I was concerned about centering to maintain posture, breathing is more like movement. I thought about Tai Chi a lot while trying, it emphasizes shifting weight in circles (it's while standing) and meditative breathing, so it's too bad I didn't fully understand why it mattered until now.
FoustemeZ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 27, 2019, 11:21:35 AM »

i was always fit dev type
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: September 30, 2019, 01:52:12 PM »

My current biggest obstacle is HEAT. God this city is hot. Temperatures above 25C (77 F) are enough to lower my blood pressure and leave me useless, and today is 30C (86F)

And I am depressingly fat right now. It's like my record, with 95kg. I gained all this weight in the last semester of grad school (not sure what the terminology is), which was followed by another blow to anyone trying to keep in shape: I moved. Then the final blow: unemployment. But the weather is the worst, by far. I'm already going somewhat frequently to the gym, which is nice, but days like today I can barely move. I'll try working out in the morning, but my shitty gym has weird working hours and doesn't open all mornings.

R2robot
TIGBaby

R2robot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: October 04, 2019, 11:55:50 PM »

My current biggest obstacle is HEAT. God this city is hot. Temperatures above 25C (77 F) are enough to lower my blood pressure and leave me useless, and today is 30C (86F)

This has been my struggle. Heat!  I started walking 3.5mi/5.6km every morning about 3 months ago.  Reduced it to 5 days a week now.  Sometimes I will walk up to 5.5mi/8.8km.

I usually walk just before sunrise and it is already 81F(27C) BEFORE sunrise, and even worse, 90+% humidity.  No No NO  My clothes are completely soaked at the end.

It's finally starting to get a little bit cooler, so i'm really looking forward walking now!
Pfotegeist
« Reply #257 on: October 09, 2019, 12:44:55 PM »

My body is pretty normal now. I just have an eye issue I can feel they are stressed out and my automatic response gradually makes them worse, so I have to concentrate on 'eye posture' whatever that may entail.
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: October 09, 2019, 01:19:27 PM »

Eye posture is new to me. After a bit of googling I'm still unclear but the term definitely exists. One blog talked about how looking down (like on your phone) makes the upper eye lid weight on the eye and... I don't know, alter the shape? I'm extrapolating from a very quick googling.

Anyway, take care of your eyes. We kinda need them to make and play games Tongue

Pfotegeist
« Reply #259 on: October 10, 2019, 07:41:32 AM »

I feel a lot of muscles around my eye now. Eyebrow, something between the eyebrow, eyelid, something behind my eyeball top and bottom, there are about four sets of muscles between my lips and eyes, and the nasal cavity can open up, and there's a set of muscles on the outer edge of the eye, and it feels like a horizontal line that goes through the center of my eye. So throughout the day I slowly use the muscles now to improve the circulation, using the techniques I've been working on. There are a few muscles around the nose too and my neck and shoulders, the muscles on the side of my head don't move that much but, I might just have to see what I can do to help them all relax.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic