Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 07:00:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDevs Getting Fit
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
Print
Author Topic: Devs Getting Fit  (Read 40468 times)
velocirection
Level 2

Your favorite pizza raptor game developer

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 12, 2019, 06:58:33 AM »

With each workout my ass gets nicer and nicer~

https://twitter.com/velocirection
(WARNING- NSFW, 18+! Adults only!)
Pfotegeist
« Reply #261 on: October 24, 2019, 11:32:47 AM »

I went for a jog. Everything seems fine. I maintained relaxed breathing although inevitably I ran out of breath from moving so much. I gradually became really hot until I stopped because I don't sweat much.
velocirection
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 24, 2019, 08:12:26 PM »

With each workout my ass gets nicer and nicer~

Update: this is still the case~

Pfotegeist
« Reply #263 on: November 02, 2019, 05:49:23 PM »

Some interesting changes are happening to my brain. I managed to stop the cycle of waking up early, and I think I can start it again. Recently I have been doing some writing, and came up with some stuff that was personally amusing. If I'm able to keep going while waking up early for a couple months then I'll assume there's no problem.
11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: November 04, 2019, 03:48:13 PM »

Due to various health issues I am starting exercise. But with a catch.

Pfotegeist
« Reply #265 on: November 07, 2019, 08:55:43 AM »

I started feeling my throat while lying down and I practiced relaxing it.

This seemed to increase circulation to my eyes. So I've been playing web sudoku because it's a lot like scanning blocks of monolithic code.
velocirection
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 18, 2019, 07:58:00 PM »

Update: glute game is on point~

Pfotegeist
« Reply #267 on: November 19, 2019, 12:04:20 PM »

I've been going through a routine each week to strengthen my whole body. I frequently do neck flexes to improve circulation and widen my air canal. I flex my eyes occasionally to loosen them up.

In an attempt to use my brain like an actual muscle, and stimulate neurotramsnitter production, I've been doing really fast sessions of study, and relaxing my mind during intermittent breaks. This doesn't seem like a very new idea, but I think it's stimulating dopamine and the ease of which I learn new words has accelerated. The claim is long-term activity increases the size of portions of your brain, this has only been short-term.
11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: November 19, 2019, 06:40:36 PM »

2 and a half weeks into Ring Fit Adventure so far. Not going to lie... The game is pretty legit.

Pfotegeist
« Reply #269 on: November 30, 2019, 08:37:49 AM »

I'll consider flexing my core muscles until I resemble one of those Greek god statues with the muscular rib-cages. Other than that I just have to even out my inner thigh, shoulders, and neck, and I should be pretty much a superficial looking guy.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #270 on: December 15, 2019, 12:30:16 PM »

youtube recommended me these

"axial length" of the eye affecting vision
eyesight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Efg42-Qn0?

stay in the green zone
endurance athletes train like normal people?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MALsI0mJ09I?

That makes me think.  I think I am going to stop trying to use 100% of my brain, and try to use ~60%. I can't actually feel how much, so for now I'll use measurements to find where 60% is. (hypothetically I can just think at a very calm, relaxed pace, even if I can't measure that, and I should think of things that are slightly difficult, not simple)

edit: I was thinking about starting to create mnemonics again, continuously as I come across new information. If someone has a story for every thought, then they're exercising their ability to conceptualize. It's another matter if it's communicated well, so I'll write while I'm not learning.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 11:25:40 AM by Pfotegeist » Logged
Pfotegeist
« Reply #271 on: December 25, 2019, 09:12:01 PM »

I had a curious experience playing a picture-based memory game.

brain boost - gamma wave. game mode: remember images

First impression: it's not 'fun'. I understood this much: It's a skill game, with unpopular skill challenges. It's not a skill I ever had, or ever learned. The game is so unpopular I don't even see a recommended video from a search result.

In remember images, you remember between 2 - 11 images short term, so you can identify a final new image from a list. I was bad at it. Abysmal at working memory involved. I had to think of a passable cheat strategy (naming the pictures), and I somewhat forced myself to accept the challenge, and I still didn't pass the final challenge mode because of this game mode.

So I've started training this for real. I have nearly overcome this named image handicap and I'm using the opportunity the game presents. Starting from zero, it doesn't feel like anything, but later it'll be something I have satisfaction simply using, without knowing I did.

I could almost say something positive about STEM education due to this, but the reason I liked math is because I was good at it from the get go, I merely preserved my enthusiasm with each subject with the mantra "It will make sense one day, I will find a use for it".
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: December 25, 2019, 09:27:10 PM »

https://youtu.be/JcQHzY9z2yQ?t=331

This one?

Pfotegeist
« Reply #273 on: December 26, 2019, 06:44:53 AM »

Yeah there are two separate game cartridges I've played. Beta Wave and Gamma Wave, respectively dubbed improve concentration and improve memory.

I found the beta wave games easier to cope with right away.
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: December 26, 2019, 11:35:20 AM »

Its an interesting little memory game there, I would love there to be some academic research into the various effectiveness of games and mental health. I'm sure there are sort of general studies but I'm curious about long-term studies that are rigorous.

Pfotegeist
« Reply #275 on: December 26, 2019, 01:41:26 PM »

I've been trying to experience it. But I assure you there's all kinds of positive correlations.

Brain plasticity is a beneficial subject.

game website of interest https://www.lumosity.com/en/science/
publication https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0134467

Addiction and violence articles might just be the counterpoint. It's moot, children need self control if they'll ever succeed in life.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318345.php

There was a long term study about skill retention. I'll bring that up if I see it again. The results were positive if I remember correct, trained abilities are easy to relearn, and it's unlikely someone needs to start over completely.

There is the caveat, if you study people, they introduce an incalculable number of variables each day. Also, when they're observed, people will change their behavior, it's all a part of well known psychology.

Finally, VR can simulate a wide, appealing environment, much better than a screen can. The 3d visual isn't something I've actually experienced but the claim is, "It looks real." Comparing a recorded environment - ie field of grass; a waterfall; (for people who need it) mass gatherings - emotionally, to just sitting alone imagining. I don't have a need like that, but it'd be appealing to someone who does.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #276 on: December 27, 2019, 08:11:16 AM »

Just a little exercise now.

The raw definition of the memory game loop is unusual. Normally, a strong long term memory for desired symbols is what we're trained for.

RAW DEFINITION
1 symbol definitions are cleared
2 display n symbols
3 display n + 1 symbols all at once
4 symbol n+1 is the correct answer
5 player input once

INVERSE PUZZLE
Where's Waldo?
1 display Waldo
2 display n symbols and Waldo all at once
3 Waldo is the correct answer
4 player input until correct

CONVERSE PUZZLE
1 memorize n symbols (< n + 1 = edible fruit)
2 display n symbols all at once, to infinite optional symbols
3 symbol < n + 1 are correct answers (> n = poison)
4 player input until false

I can't immediately think of a scenario where the raw game translates to reality, but I think I understand the training method. Short term, rapid redefining of weak symbols. The 'correct answer' is a gatekeeper to determine accuracy.

I added pictures showing the actual game now.

There's one thing that I can't answer. If I was told I should only use my visual memory, to remember the symbols. Would I? Also why'd it take more than 5 years before I thought about playing it differently?

The lack of instructions offered little insight on their own. It's possible, this is an easy game for someone else and upon designing it they didn't consider it could be near impossible for a beginner.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 09:36:54 AM by Pfotegeist » Logged
Pfotegeist
« Reply #277 on: January 08, 2020, 07:13:25 PM »

I'm going to try that image game each day until I get 180 or more points on level 2, while 200 is technically possible, each question drops a point per second. Then, I'm going for level 3.

I've done two obvious things differently recently.

I've taken 8 hours between many meals, and not just to sleep, more time for stomach healing. Sometimes I don't wait the 8 hours though.

I started focusing on my shoulders, every day, it might be affecting vital nerves. Nothing extreme, just like... holding them in, like I'm cold, or holding them out like I'm reaching for stuff. It seems like the combination of the two things is making food taste better than recent memory would provide.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #278 on: February 08, 2020, 07:28:27 PM »

Eating less frequently seems to be keeping everything together. Kids need to eat more often. The recommendation I found is if someone can't wait 8 hours they can go hungry for 2 hours, while physically active, and going to sleep hungry is ok.

But for real, a bunny must eat on demand, it's how they keep their teeth the right length. Bunny + hay all day.
Duccoz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: February 09, 2020, 12:33:49 AM »

I try to get more than 5000 steps in each day and keep a balanced diet, which seems to work.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic