Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:32:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDevs Getting Fit
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Print
Author Topic: Devs Getting Fit  (Read 40062 times)
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: February 09, 2020, 04:39:01 AM »

From what I know, doctors and diet experts suggests to eat more frequently for both health and to not get fat. I had history of digestion problems, if I eat more often my body needs to digest a lesser amount of food compared to a bigger meal.

Games:

Pfotegeist
« Reply #281 on: February 09, 2020, 06:23:55 AM »

I know I thought a similar way before. I think if I start talking about aging it'd be a pill of some kind.

Me to myself: Try not to say something controversial.

If you start to go through changes you may want to seek advice from someone with wisdom, absent of power symbols or greed. Someone like a yogi or monk.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 06:52:41 AM by Pfotegeist » Logged
omnilith
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 09, 2020, 04:00:02 PM »

It might be smarter to consult someone who actually knows what they're talking about, like someone with a license to practice medicine.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: February 10, 2020, 05:26:27 PM »

you're not the first or last to suggest him that

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Pfotegeist
« Reply #284 on: March 06, 2020, 06:29:45 PM »

I was thinking of how to say I changed my routine here.

A doctor can't diagnose a peptic ulcer if the patient doesn't feel it. And uh, my stomach was not treated well (not by me either, stomach crunches and all).

That means it's bacteria that makes me gain or lose weight, and that's a little hard for me to wrap my head around right now.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #285 on: March 09, 2020, 05:58:14 AM »

I'm in great condition. And just thinking that seems like enough now.

I saw an amazing woman, I couldn't tell her how beautiful she looked.  I think I know her, and I also don't.

I had a false impression, even still. I went to the hospital because I saw her. I feel like it restored my faith in humanity. The inspiration and compassion, and the devious antics of some of the staff informed me I am in the most amazing place, and I wasn't even aware of it.

I also let my mind run wild, and before I knew it I was in a fantasy with many fallacies, but I still enjoyed playing it out.
Sereninity
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 10, 2020, 12:20:39 PM »

I started playing some fit game on switch xD that's probably all I can handle :S
Pfotegeist
« Reply #287 on: March 24, 2020, 09:15:24 PM »

Some stuff happened, the majority of which I don't remember, and will resume being an eternal stitch of discomfort and self loathing as before. Maybe I won't even post, because I'm going screen blind, and browser typing isn't fun to read most of the day right now, I'll see how that progresses.

update: I guess if I'm going to be real I shouldn't sugar coat how I feel physically. But truth is I can take the challenge and come back to my normal self through the methods I've already explored here, it's just a matter of time.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:40:59 AM by Pfotegeist » Logged
Pfotegeist
« Reply #288 on: April 01, 2020, 05:24:49 PM »

I'm back to normal, working again already. The only thing that'll stop me from continuing are any lifestyle changes I'm told I should make, you know, harmless sounding stuff that can actually put me in danger.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: July 14, 2021, 12:44:22 PM »

I've been eating protein and lifting weights
Pfotegeist
« Reply #290 on: July 17, 2021, 03:00:24 AM »

I started working out a little, about 30 mins a day. I generally feel awful and it seems to help. I do pushups at ridiculous hours, sometimes follow it with sit ups. I lost a ton of weight for no reason and now I'm like 48kg, need to gain some muscle mass.

Feeling awful could indicate a real problem.  If you aren't sure why you lost weight, as well, ask a doctor. If the doctor seems to reassure you nothing's wrong, find a doctor that's not so useless.

If your weight is normal, just remember to eat protein and some carbs within six hours after exercise.  Remember which muscles you exercise, and give them a day of rest after the day is over. It's supposed to take 8 days before muscle gains are visible.

One more trick though, you don't even need to add weight to gain muscle, most of the time repeating a motion will promote bigger muscles, your body will recruit more fibers from the smallest amount of stress tears. If you want to take advantage of the bigger muscles after they're built, you need to practice lifting heavier.

If you're secretly growing enormous muscles, you'd let us know right? Ok so, just in case, but not likely, if your muscles outpace your tendon strength, you will have to limit the weight you lift for several months, and give each tendon at least two days of rest. It happens to lab rats, even rats don't notice they're destroying their tendons by running around too much.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 03:16:30 AM by Pfotegeist » Logged
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: August 14, 2021, 11:38:04 AM »

For forum organization purposes, I'd like to do something about how off topic this has gotten. Would it work for you to create a new thread called Pfotegeist's Rant Space or something like that, and to keep the posts here in this thread just to physical fitness topics?

Pfotegeist
« Reply #292 on: August 14, 2021, 12:05:30 PM »

Actually could you call it Pfotegeist Discovers Potassium Deficiency?

That's more what I'm thinking. Moving it is alright with me. I'll just think of it as a topic compression.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 12:23:29 PM by Pfotegeist » Logged
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: August 14, 2021, 03:28:29 PM »

Done: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=72354.0

Pfotegeist
« Reply #294 on: December 12, 2021, 06:39:45 AM »

After four months of healthy potassium, and balancing the carbs per meal through each day, the swelling has decreased in Deez Nuts.

Low-calorie diets have failed. They cause suffering and compound health deficit over years.

Occasional fasting, skipping a meal, or two, in a week, is ok.

Women are recommended less potassium than men, 2400mg (if they're six feet tall I guess). To stay healthy men will need to eat in addition to the 2400mg another (1200mg) 14g of potassium-rich carbs vegan, or 250g of fish pescatarian. Every other option is imperfect.

more
I've lost 10 lbs in 8 weeks.

targets of between 1500:1800 calories, <70 grams of carbs, ~3200 mg potassium

I sit. I could try exercise eventually to speed it up. Currently, I only keep my hands trained each day.

results
My output must have increased over 1000% from this diet. My energy is low. My muscles have started demanding more oxygen. They certainly haven't gotten any stronger.

Recent Science proves that DNA has an impact on weight loss and sleep, being the direct cause of both. When DNA doesn't function, you can't lose weight or sleep. Protein folding has some implications.

Ironically, viruses invading a body as unhealthy as mine was are just totally screwed. Somehow this included memes.

Fact check. Does this kind of diet improve a woman's output?

I am not really sure what exercise will do in my current state. I started doing pushups again recently and my adrenals have activated just from walking around a simulated battlefield, on a monitor and speakers. So, would more exercise take the edge off or will it get worse? I imagine it will get better, but I don't have any real proof unless I do it.

reality
You probably owe me all the enjoyment of your sex life from here on. Photography is an option.

I was thinking of a new years resolution. But let's face it, I'm not the one who needs to change.

weight loss after being medicated is so easy and has no side-effects
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 07:14:42 AM by Xander Bunny » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic