Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 08:05:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHuge thank you about age discrimination.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Huge thank you about age discrimination.  (Read 1875 times)
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2014, 07:38:40 AM »

who care about age when age is not a game.

well i prefer when people just don't mention their age around the internet. because when people did that they do it for authority.

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2014, 07:46:19 AM »

Or they do it for clemency, "I'm only 12!!"

I don't care about your age as long as you act mature with your approach to making things and interactions.

I like that the classic stereotype of "13 year old with a big idea needs a artist and a programmer" is pretty much dead because self reliance and the tools have become so prevalent that everything feels accessible.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2014, 04:27:46 AM »

Eh, what do we care? I made my first site at 12, when the legal age to make sites was 13. Back then, website programmers made a ton of money so that was kind of a big thing. I think most of us did stuff like that.
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2014, 04:31:50 AM »

the legal age to make sites was 13

I.. what? Huh? Link?

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Jason Rohrer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2014, 08:41:12 AM »

I think he's talking about this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children%27s_Online_Privacy_Protection_Act

Another idiotic law that supposedly "protects" children by effectively preventing them from doing things that adults can do (like, you know, join a forum).  My kid simply lies about his age all the time when signing up for sites.  Another great life lesson---you have to lie to get by!

ANYWAY, to the OP, by the way you write, I wouldn't have known you were young.  There are some very young people doing some really amazing things in video games.  YOU ARE THE FUTURE.

Also, have you ever thought about fighting for your right to vote?  Young people comprise the last group that faces taxation without representation.  Some dudes threw tea in the harbor over that long ago.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2014, 12:30:59 PM »

most young people who can vote dont even bother

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Jason Rohrer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2014, 03:22:57 PM »

What young people (like, under 18) can vote?  Oh, some countries have lowered it to 16:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_age

That's a start!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic