Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 08:49:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPlain Sight Open Beta
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Plain Sight Open Beta  (Read 2370 times)
gonzorob
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2009, 02:36:05 AM »

EDIT: current download link is down- please go to www.plainsightgame.com/beta for a list of mirrors.

Hi Folks,

We've just launched the open beta of our first game Plain Sight.

What is it?

Plain Sight is a multiplayer arcade games that uses death as a tactic, not a punishment.
You’re a little robot. You start with one point. You get more points by killing more robots with your sword. As you get more points you get bigger, brighter, faster and better.
However, you only get to bank these points if you blow yourself up.
The bigger you are, the bigger the bomb. The more people you take out in the explosion, the higher the multiplier to your banked score. Respawn and repeat the process – the player with the highest banked score wins.

The game is to be released sometime Q1 2009 on Steam

About the beta:

The beta is currently limited to only one game mode (standard deathmtch - as described above)and three levels. The beta will be for 3 to 4 weeks.

We'd love to hear your feedback (especially criticism) and suggestions

Direct link : http://78.129.232.238/PlainSight_v0_8_1_0.rar

Cheers

Robin
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 10:46:47 AM by gonzorob » Logged

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 05:29:03 AM »

This sounds intriguing! I'm downloading it now.

EDIT:  Sad It didn't work. I tried to download some .NET framework thing that was required but it screwed up somehow. Is this game made in/related to XNA? If so you should probably point that out in your first post since it is a big download and a lot of people around here seem to have trouble running XNA games.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 07:00:55 AM by chutup » Logged

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 07:06:20 AM »

Steam
Fuck. I'll try the beta.
gonzorob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 07:25:30 AM »

Yup the game is XNA. If you run the setup.exe (not the MSI) it should detect and install .NET 3.5 and XNA 3.0 redist

As we found out last night. If you have XNA 2.0 installed setup.exe sometimes doesnt detect that you need an upgrade Sad

Links

XNA 3.0 redist : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6521D889-5414-49B8-AB32-E3FFF05A4C50&displaylang=en

.NET 3.5 - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6

Cheers

angelword
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 09:05:27 AM »

Ok, but it lags a lot  Panda
TheBlackMask
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 09:41:46 AM »

Download link isn't working for me.
Dim_Yimma_H
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 07:34:11 PM »

I realize that multiplayer is the feature of the game, but wonder, is it possible to try playing/moving around offline? The game character motion looks pretty smooth and nice to control Smiley

And it looks very beautiful especially with those colored trails. With the gray environment it in a way reminds about

, a (possibly) similar game.

Lord Tim
Level 1

Overclocked to 20 MHz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 09:24:08 PM »

I've got the game running, but the Login button doesn't seem to do anything. Do I have to create an account somewhere else? I can still use the LAN option to run around, but I can't seem to play online.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 08:38:36 PM »

Played this for a bit today. The game is VERY twitchy and the characters move very fast. I never could land a single blow on the other players because we were all dashing like crazy. The only way to get points was pure luck. An aiming reticle might have helped, and a smoother camera as well to fight the feeling of disorientation.

Game's very pretty though.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 12:40:40 PM »

Great game.  I loved the frenetic pace and the visual style.  I do agree that the game could be served by adding some sort of aiming reticule.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic