Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:44:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsShe Remembered Caterpillars: Release Date > OUT NOW!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: She Remembered Caterpillars: Release Date > OUT NOW!  (Read 24724 times)
danielgoffin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2016, 07:30:37 AM »

We have renamed the game!

We struggled with Perlinoid for quite a while now. It is a very unique name which is good in terms of search engine results but getting people to remember the name, a whole different thing. The new name is based on the story of the game. What do you think?

And if you ever wanted to play a demo of the game: we will be at EGX this week and we will be at PAX East as well. Exciting!

@ashtonmorris, thanks for the compliments! ^___^

Cranktrain
Level 4

making gams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2016, 07:54:34 AM »

Loving the environments of the last few screenshots, looks really great.

Oh, and She Remembered Caterpillars is a fantastic name. Hope your convention appearances go really well!

Zivzoo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2016, 08:08:13 AM »

That's some of the most good looking and imaginative art I've seen in a while. I love the concept flora sketches. The red, blue and purple interaction reminds me of the game I'm working on but on a higher level. Great work so far!

elisof
Level 0

you can call me eli though hi hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2016, 08:21:24 AM »

That poster is looking niceee! I've been keeping track of this and I actually played a build of this back at EGX last September. Lovely to see and hear how it's getting on! Especially with those recent sketches. I'll be sure to check it out again over at Rezzed.

I compose and design sound~
SoundCloud // Bandcamp // Twitter // Avatar by the rad Sarah Graley~
danielgoffin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2016, 12:29:34 AM »

@Cranktrain, thanks. ^___^

@Zivzoo, what a compliment. Thanks! Your comment got me interested in your game. I have to admit though that I prefer the rendered approach over the pixel design. Mostly because the pixel orb does not share any of the qualities the old design had. I would have loved to see a game that really expands on that idea, even into the world design itself. It is an awesome weird thing between virus visualization, fluid dynamic and a sort of sci-fi net texture?

@lizliser oh, this is great to hear from you. Yes, please drop by the booth and say hello to my partner, David. Let me know what you think about the new aesthetic compared to the old demo. Now also with sound and music. ^__^

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2016, 03:27:14 AM »

This is stunning, commenting to follow and I wish I could have been going to EGX. So gorgeous. And I'm sure many will agree with me at EGX no doubt! Having listen to Thomas' soundcloud, I cannot wait to hear what he's written for this. Some of his work gives me vibes of echochrome, fantastic arranging chops.

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2016, 06:09:17 AM »

Glad to see you're going to be at EGX! I'll be there (in fact I am already - hotel rooms are pretty boring on your own though) so I'll pop by and say hello Smiley

Good luck, hope all goes well!

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2016, 09:50:00 AM »

We have renamed the game!

We struggled with Perlinoid for quite a while now. It is a very unique name which is good in terms of search engine results but getting people to remember the name, a whole different thing. The new name is based on the story of the game. What do you think?
Maybe you could add [formerly: Perlinoid] to the thread title so some of us already familiar with that name could still recognize it. Wink  Probably not a biggie though.

I agree, the old name was harder to remember than the new name.  The new one also gives a much better idea about a *strange* story/adventure aspect. Smiley

danielgoffin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2016, 10:14:51 AM »

@hyperduck, thanks. Much of what Thomas has featured on his soundcloud still felt a bit traditional to us. We chose him though because he send some unpublished works along that were a bit more experimental. That doesn't mean our soundtrack will be super weird but it was important to us to match the odd mixture of cute, mysterious and strange of the game's aesthetic. We are very happy with his arrangements.

@and, that is great. I am not at EGX, my partner David is hosting the presentation this time. Pass along my best wishes to the crew. ^___^

@io3 creations, thank you for the good words regarding the title! And, I knew I had forgotten something. Good suggestion! Done.

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2016, 10:24:35 AM »

Oh, this looks good.

Love the name.

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2016, 10:51:39 AM »

@hyperduck, thanks. Much of what Thomas has featured on his soundcloud still felt a bit traditional to us. We chose him though because he send some unpublished works along that were a bit more experimental. That doesn't mean our soundtrack will be super weird but it was important to us to match the odd mixture of cute, mysterious and strange of the game's aesthetic. We are very happy with his arrangements.

That sounds very interesting, cannot wait to hear some of it!

danielgoffin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2016, 02:17:55 AM »

@Tuba, thank you.

@hyperduck, I am currently working on a little teaser trailer (basically a streamlined version of the old gameplay demonstration) and that will include some of his music. So, you should be able to hear it relatively soon. ^___^

danielgoffin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2016, 05:00:58 AM »

Finally, last minute before arriving in Boston our tiny trailer.

Come visit us at Booth 8224 and play She Remembered Caterpillars alongside the other great Ysbryd games. Also, we have a really cool 1" enamel lapel pin (pictures later) of the blue character limited to 100 pieces for sale, for you Pinny Arcade collector types.

^___^

Music by Thomas Höhl @xavenos

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 05:10:15 AM by danielgoffin » Logged

Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2016, 05:28:17 AM »

Man, loving this aesthetic! Gonna send Thomas my regards! You guys have come a long way and produced something beautiful. You should be proud.

Cranktrain
Level 4

making gams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2016, 05:54:52 AM »

Brilliant mini-trailer, in forty eight seconds I learnt how to play, what the goal was, without any explanation text.

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2016, 05:57:57 AM »

Your trailer convinced me to buy it on release day  Hand Thumbs Up Right
danielgoffin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2016, 10:30:54 AM »

Hey all.

In the past week I worked on new level backgrounds. The one pictured here is Level 13. I did not really safe enough images to create a process video but here is a sequence of four that shows how the line art evolved from sketch to the final version including game area and background. 

PS.: I will post a bit more about our PAX East experience in the coming days.

foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2016, 12:53:30 PM »

Hey, I actually played your game at Talk & Play in Berlin, but that was before you had any background art. I just wanted to say WOW. I already loved the cute characters before, but that background fungi just makes it so beautiful. And I know the puzzles are fun! :D

Amazing job! Hand Thumbs Up LeftZEL Moblin

@_monstergarden (game) and @williamzwood (me)
See Monster Garden progress here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56012.0
bittwyst
Level 1

Twitter: @bittwyst

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2016, 04:34:47 PM »

Oh yeah, this game - I remember admiring it on here sometime before I registered. Following Smiley

danielgoffin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2016, 12:15:28 AM »

@waru99: That is great to hear. Yes, the version David presented in Berlin was pretty bare. I am happy to hear that you enjoy the backgrounds.

@bittwyst: Thanks a lot. Smiley

Hey, another thing I seem to have forgotten to announce properly.

We have a dedicated website now! If you've read this devlog, there isn't really much that you don't know but there is a little email newsletter sign-up form. Fill it out if you want an email about the release date and stuff.

http://caterpilar.solutions

Side note: new fancy domains are really something nice if you like to give your website some extra spice!

:D

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic