Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 01:39:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDick Rico : Case Of The Flying Dutchman (DevLog) [MAC/PC]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Dick Rico : Case Of The Flying Dutchman (DevLog) [MAC/PC]  (Read 13387 times)
PixelDensity
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2015, 03:30:01 AM »

I love the art style and whole approach to this game! Looks fantastic, and the humour is right up my street.

Regarding the designing of the game, are you making everything as 3D models then using a shader to create the pixel look? or is it another approach?

Keep up the good work, I am giving this a follow as well :D

3D Artist.
macepoodle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2015, 07:06:29 AM »

Thanks!

The process is pretty simple. It is 3D , but rendered out at very low resolution and then uprezed using point scale to retain it's pixelated feel at larger resolutions. Setting up lighting and your renderer option to get the look you want is the hard part.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2015, 07:25:53 AM »

Thanks!

The process is pretty simple. It is 3D , but rendered out at very low resolution and then uprezed using point scale to retain it's pixelated feel at larger resolutions. Setting up lighting and your renderer option to get the look you want is the hard part.
I love it. Let's you focus on the aesthetics as a whole instead of trying to be as realistic as possible.
Sunburned Games
Level 1

We are working on The Great Whale Road.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2015, 01:11:18 AM »

I just saw a developer dance like a ballena, umh ballerina behind me. What have you done?!

Downloading the Alpha now.

macepoodle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2015, 09:24:53 PM »

Sorry guys, no alph aup as yet Smiley The link is there but it's still in too bad of a shape to test play. Hopefully in 2 weeks time I will have all the levels walkale / connected.

Here are two versions of a Kung Fury inspired title screen Smiley

nkm
Level 1

Ludere ergo sum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2015, 11:01:54 PM »

Cool style!

PixelDensity
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2015, 12:50:07 PM »

Sorry guys, no alph aup as yet Smiley The link is there but it's still in too bad of a shape to test play. Hopefully in 2 weeks time I will have all the levels walkale / connected.

Here are two versions of a Kung Fury inspired title screen Smiley

I think the water is moving far to quickly in these title screens. I would slow it down a bit so its a bit more subtle.

3D Artist.
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2015, 07:12:51 PM »

Looks great... great style and excellent animation! I almost felt as if the high res profile images clashed a bit when using the low res models would almost work better, but don't take my opinion as authoritative.
macepoodle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2015, 09:14:15 AM »

Looks great... great style and excellent animation! I almost felt as if the high res profile images clashed a bit when using the low res models would almost work better, but don't take my opinion as authoritative.

Thanks Trentg ,

I came to the same conclusion. Initially I wanted to add in high rez profile/conversational images but once I got some tests into the engine it suprized me how bad it works against the low rez in game characters.

Thanks for the feedback, it's always very helpful.

hube
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2015, 09:40:56 AM »

This is pretty damn amazing. Love the art, but the animations are what make it really shine. Amazing.

macepoodle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2015, 12:30:54 PM »

Thank you for the kind words Hube. Yeah, I'm a animator by trade so that sort of stuff comes automatically by now, it's all the other aspects of gameDev that I seem to be struggling with. But I'm learning as I go tackle these issues one by one.

hube
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2015, 06:22:17 AM »

Soooooo what's up with this game? We demand updates.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2015, 11:09:07 AM »

Well "demand" is a strong word. It would please us greatly though Well, hello there!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic