Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 07:57:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallClosure released!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Closure released!  (Read 10500 times)
Glaiel-Gamer
« on: January 23, 2009, 05:53:38 PM »

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/480006

I spent a lot of time on this, so I hope you like it!

EDIT: Download flash player 10
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 06:00:11 PM by Glaiel-Gamer » Logged
jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 05:58:05 PM »

Screamy Is it supposed to flash like that? I'll try it again when my eyes aren't so tired (and thus more resiliant).

Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 05:58:20 PM »

Screamy Is it supposed to flash like that? I'll try it again when my eyes aren't so tired (and thus more resiliant).

Download flash player 10
acidBatterie
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 06:04:29 PM »

wow  Hand Shake Left Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right really cool
ha, took me awhile to understand wtf was going on...idk y
maybe i'm slow...anyways, i really began enjoying this at
the "come on through" room

[edit] hmm, after the first room with the key, in this new room
i can't really read what's on the wall. the rest of the time the text
has been discernible but this...
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 06:22:41 PM »

Oh right and I'm also going to use the game's sequel as a kickstart for me to get used to working in c++ instead of flash. Flash is nice and all but I really hit it's walls a lot in this game.

Writing an engine from scratch is so much funnnnnnnn
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 06:38:39 PM »

looks awesome tyler, i dig it immensely.

One little crit though: i felt like there could have been one more stage in there to explain the light orbs being integral to finishing a puzzle as well as the dark orbs acting in the opposite manner. once i got the main mechanic (on the stage with "go through"), it was an ah-ha moment, but i could see it being a little tough for some. that said, i think the way you handled the tutorials is great. I love the look and feel of the whole thing, it oozes awesome.

Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 06:42:03 PM »

thanks. Everyone learns at different rates though so it's impossible to find a perfect difficulty curve. There's a jump in difficulty at level 10 that after hours of deliberation we couldn't really find a better way
acidBatterie
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 07:03:54 PM »

glaiel, do you go to digipen??
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 07:07:47 PM »

ya
AndyWiltshireBPA
Level 1

BulletProofArcade.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 08:31:23 PM »

What an awesome concept, Ive always wanted to do something more meaningful with light/dark, good job. Took me a little while to figure out the 'rules', but is pretty straightforward.

Im gonna go back to playing now Wink

Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 10:59:43 AM »

Lol I'm sick of having to tell every 3rd reviewer on newgrounds that they need to download flash player 10.

Some of them have caught on but don't realize that they need to install it too.
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 01:00:03 PM »

I've played it until level 18 yesterday (Didn't quit for any reason related to the game) and liked it a lot. The levels all seemed appropriately challenging to me and they were all quite fun.
One of my concerns was that the creepy atmosphere I felt in the beginning didn't really last, as it stayed very constant and therefore I focused a lot more on the puzzle aspect and the atmosphere lost quite a bit of its importance to me. This one "mirror" with the sound effect creeped me out a bit, even after I've experienced it once, so I'm sure that more could be done in that regard, for example through adding more atmospheric art and especially sound as the player progresses.
Also, I felt that the "elevator"-technique was a bit overused. I find that understandable, I just wonder if there are other interesting basic techniques which could be used regularly instead of mainly that one.

Still, liked I said I really enjoyed it so far and I'll make sure to go on playing it.
And keep in mind that the above is my experience from only(?) playing to level 18, so I might be wrong or very wrong about some of it Smiley

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 03:12:38 PM »

I knew it was going to be awesome from the first build you sent me Smiley

GO TYLER!
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 03:17:05 PM »

Great concept!   I love it.  Kiss

esc
Level 3

BAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 03:51:39 AM »

downloaded and installed flash player 10, I can get the menu-screen to appear, but the links to Select and Begin are not highlighting for me.

I'm on windows XP, and would love to get to try this, but I can't  Cry

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 04:21:57 AM »

very nice concept

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 09:56:56 AM »

downloaded and installed flash player 10, I can get the menu-screen to appear, but the links to Select and Begin are not highlighting for me.

I'm on windows XP, and would love to get to try this, but I can't  Cry

Well if it looks like it's loading right then you just need to wait for it to load all the way.
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 01:34:59 PM »

just added a version checker and checked with both flash player 10 and 9. Hopefully now when people are using the wrong version the message saying "You need flash player 10 to play this" will alert them that they, in fact, need flash player 10.
esc
Level 3

BAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 01:43:38 PM »

Yeah, it simply had to load, It just wasn't clear to me that the Bloodvessels were the load bar or when they would even be full.

I thought it was just a background piece.

Played a bit now, makes me think long and hard on every move I make, 'cause it's such an unusual concept, having something to step on where there is light, and void where there is darkness.

Didn't get far though, my impatient self couldn't stand having to pick up a key, walk a bit, drop it, walk back, take the light, walk a bit, drop the light, pick up the key etc...

Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 06:53:44 PM »

Thanks for the feedback! I'm getting a lot of good press for this
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic