Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:24:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopHelp with an Animated Icon
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Help with an Animated Icon  (Read 1200 times)
pikkukatti
Level 1

Team Lead @AncestoryGame

View Profile WWW
« on: November 07, 2014, 07:07:05 AM »

Hey, so we've been trying to create an Icon that's going on places like IndieDB updates and the Steam Greenlight, but so far we're not really happy with our results and ideas. It's me(Team Lead), our 2D Artist and our Sound / Video Designer working mostly with PS and After Effects. These are our 2 current ideas that we've prototyped:

I'd love any feedback you have or any ideas for improving these, but feel free to suggest brand new ideas as well.

pikkukatti
Level 1

Team Lead @AncestoryGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 09:54:08 AM »

Here's how we've progressed, but we could still use your help to improve:

Any thoughts?

CreativeEd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 06:05:41 PM »

The one I like the most is the right one, although, that skull is for some reason way too distractive from what really matters.
Why not just have the Title above with some light effect animation, and that set of cards bellow, while having that flaming background. It sounds simple enough, and it might work better.
pikkukatti
Level 1

Team Lead @AncestoryGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 05:11:36 AM »

Thanks, I think we're gonna have the Shaman there just because it's a crucial part of the game, but I think we've managed to make the Icon a bit more readable and interesting now:

CreativeEd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 11:41:57 AM »

I see, well I do take back what I said though, you managed to balance the color way better. The skull doesn't stand out as much and it blends well with the rest of the image. Now the only thing that seems to stand out too much is that white fur(?) on the lower face of the Shaman. Maybe put it darker like the skull. Other than that it's looking pretty good Smiley
pikkukatti
Level 1

Team Lead @AncestoryGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 01:36:51 PM »

Thank you, it's definitely getting better and hopefully we can improve the 2D art a bit more, but unfortunately our artist needs to rest his drawing hand for a while so we'll have to see if she can work on it before the release Sad

CreativeEd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 03:23:15 PM »

Well, good luck, let me know when the game's released Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic