Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:20:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSword Fight - Project searching for Programmer & Artist (DesignDocument0.1 done)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sword Fight - Project searching for Programmer & Artist (DesignDocument0.1 done)  (Read 2855 times)
Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2009, 09:17:42 AM »

Hi!
I recently finished the pre-dev Design Document for a (rather innovatve) 2-player(-offline) fighting game and am currently searching for a programmer and an artist (2D, painting/drawing, pixeling might also be possible!) to start development.

Pretty much everything you should know is explained in version 0.1 of the document (11 pages).

Just some additional info:
The proof-of-concept-development is planned not to involve any money etc... I also tried to design it in order to make the project realizable for non-paid hobby-indies without loads and loads of time to spare.

So why don't you leaf through the document a bit?
I'd be really happy to hear what you think about the whole thing (/suggestions) and even more happy (happyness-OVERLOAWD  Mock Anger ) to hear from you if you might be interested in helping me develop the game. (so in this case, just PM me or write right into this thread! :D )

Oh, btw... jeb told me that some of my concepts are similar to the ones of 1997's PSX-game "Bushido Blade", just in case you know it. Overall, it's still different, though. Wink

You can view and download the PDF here:
http://ia310816.us.archive.org/1/items/SwordFightdesignDocumentVersion0.1/SwordFightDdv0.1.pdf

Full of sweet anticipation,
BaronCid  Shrug
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 12:09:05 PM by BaronCid » Logged

I make (60s/70s) rock music. Listen to my band's new album here: www.speicher.bandcamp.com
Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 09:24:43 AM »

i didnt read it but it sounds really fun, if you balence it well.. bushido blade was brilliant.

Make sure the levels are interactive, like cutting down bamboo, cut ropes to drob a box on the other player lol.. or water.. or bear traps on the floor in places.

Also, itd be a lot cooler if the levels were big, and explorable..not just floor.

good luck :D

Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 09:34:50 AM »

i didnt read it but it sounds really fun, if you balence it well.. bushido blade was brilliant.

Make sure the levels are interactive, like cutting down bamboo, cut ropes to drob a box on the other player lol.. or water.. or bear traps on the floor in places.

Also, itd be a lot cooler if the levels were big, and explorable..not just floor.

good luck :D

Ahm, thanks for the suggestion but if you had scimmed the document for a bit you'd have noticed that Sword Fight is actually really different from Bushido Blade in most aspects. Smiley

BaronCid Wink

I make (60s/70s) rock music. Listen to my band's new album here: www.speicher.bandcamp.com
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 09:48:05 AM »

This is a very interesting idea, and I can see it turning into a fantastic game. The gameplay would be very suspenseful.

If I didn't have so many projects at the moment, I would definitely try to help with this

Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 10:24:27 AM »

Aw, this one is getting posted into oblivion before anyone actually noticed it. Not fair.   Sad

Allow me to bump a bit, I've worked hours on this.   Tired

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic