Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 01:36:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFuturology
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Print
Author Topic: Futurology  (Read 60962 times)
Lemming
Level 2

victim of gravity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: December 24, 2009, 04:52:43 PM »

Yo Masna, 2 months since last post, how's it going? Hand JoystickMock Anger

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: December 25, 2009, 10:34:45 AM »

glad you dug this up, Ive been meaning to do the same thing.  Masna! we need more.  Your fans demand moorrree! Smiley  Seriously, you have a great thing going here it would be a shame to see this die.

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 30, 2009, 09:40:03 PM »

http://www.screentoaster.com/
Screen Recorder for Mac. Totally butchers the .mov file (mine was slanted and weird looking), but you can host it on their site and it looks fine, with private (direct link only) or public availability options. Free, quick sign up, haven't gotten any spam  Cool

destiny is truth pre-op
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: December 30, 2009, 09:55:06 PM »

Thanks X3N, I'll check it out.  Grin

Everyone@ Sorry for the major lack of updates. Sad  My coder and I have been extremely lazy, and after a couple of attempts at trying to boost production up, we keep getting stuck in technical ruts.  I can't promise this project will ever be finished, but it's obvious we need more experience as a creative team, and as working individuals.  As of now we're redirecting our attention onto more promising and less ambitious projects, but we will, at some point come back to this for what will hopefully be a realistic project.

Also note, I think this project is completely finished in its conceptual and artistic stage, but it's the sheer amount of work and manpower to make this project a reality.  I sincerely apologize for this project's current state of hiatus, but believe me when I say I, more than anyone, wants to see this project completed.

I also thank you guys for bringing this back to my attention, maybe if I finish more assets I can get my coder off his lazy bum.  I'm off to go work on a tileset, and maybe work on some code myself.

EDIT:
THIS IS NOT DEAD

Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: December 30, 2009, 11:28:30 PM »

Apologies for the double post, here's a mockup I just did.

PlayMeTape
« Reply #225 on: December 31, 2009, 05:20:29 AM »

New coder? Sorry, I don't mean to be rude to anyone (I don't know if the coder is around  Blink), it might be your personal friend. But it does sound like you need someone more focused.
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: December 31, 2009, 02:23:03 PM »

Damn, I know, but I don't know any other coder IRL other than my best friend.  Sad

TheDustin
« Reply #227 on: December 31, 2009, 05:54:58 PM »

I love this art design.

Might I suggest that you work with Construct, learn your way around a platformer, and tackle this at a later date? I'd love to see a game with your graphics in it.  Kiss
LazyWaffle
« Reply #228 on: December 31, 2009, 06:06:17 PM »

KissKissKissKiss
      KissKissKissKiss    NinjaNinjaNinjaNinja
  KissKissBlinkKissBlinkKissNinja    Ninja
Kiss  KissKissKissKiss
     WizardWizardWizard
     Wizard      Wizard
Ashkin
« Reply #229 on: December 31, 2009, 06:29:47 PM »

KissKissKissKiss
      KissKissKissKiss    NinjaNinjaNinjaNinja
  KissKissBlinkKissBlinkKissNinja    Ninja
Kiss  KissKissKissKiss
     WizardWizardWizard
     Wizard      Wizard
From the first page, first pic, upper left:

Wizard                   Wizard               Wizard
    Wizard               Wizard Wizard Wizard Wizard
        Wizard              Panda Panda Panda Panda
               Wizard Panda Blink Panda Blink Panda Panda
                    Wizard  Panda Panda Panda Panda    Panda
                         Wizard Wizard Wizard Wizard
                         Wizard               Wizard

HELP ME
Lemming
Level 2

victim of gravity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: January 01, 2010, 11:34:38 AM »

Damn, I know, but I don't know any other coder IRL other than my best friend.  Sad

You could ask the collab thread for help, since people already like your stuff. The IRL coder being your best friend could be an issue though. Ask him if he's still interesting in doing the project or if he's lost all interest. Hopefully he'll understand that you want to see the project finish.

.. me thinks.

I don't know this stuff, but it doesn't seem like you're the bottleneck here. The assets you already have and mock-'em-ups alone should be able to turn into some kind of prototype.

Good luck, and I'll scream for updates every once in a while. Smiley

Cighton
« Reply #231 on: January 02, 2010, 12:21:20 AM »

Hey man. I love the artwork for this game. Looks awesome. Keep up the good work. Beer! Hand Thumbs Up Right
godatplay
Level 1

Josh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: January 08, 2010, 10:40:29 PM »

I just want to say that this game looks really awesome.  You have some seriously great style going on.

I hope you work things out and are able to get development going again.  We're rooting for you!

Hand Clap Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Right Hand Clap

The image with the 2 humans in mid-air behind the robot dude... I love their poses! It looks like their arms are swung back behind their bodies, like they're trying to fly.  Haha, so great.

The most recent mock-up looks great, although I think the water and dirt colors look a bit garish compared to the BG.  Maybe just go slightly darker in value?  Doing that would also pop out the grass so it leads your eye for where the platforms are.  Maybe you have a specific palette you're sticking to, though.

/////////////////////////
God at play - meaningful games - spiritual games
@godatplay
/////////////////////////
omnilith
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 09, 2010, 09:56:51 AM »

Here's another guy hoping you get this moving again. I love everything I've seen of this so far Kiss

So.... GOGOGOGO! You can do it!

Alomard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 09, 2010, 10:35:40 PM »

lemming is right, tig is a great place to pick up team members. there are lots of talented individuals browsing tig on a regular basis, so i consider it a very valuable resource. i cant say how taking on another programmer will affect your friendship, but if his motivation to work on this is consistently so much lower than yours, its really best for you to find someone more dedicated to do the job. quite possibly your friend just views it as an occasional leisurely activity that might be finished someday, or might be left in the lurch. Personally, I love the look of it and I really hope this one sees finishing.
Lemming
Level 2

victim of gravity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2010, 02:48:47 PM »

MOOOOOOOOORE UPDAAAAAAATES!!   Hand Any KeyMock Anger

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2010, 08:04:35 PM »

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2010, 09:25:08 PM »

JaJitsu, I support your post fully

and think that the pokemon has the same sort of pose as your current display picture, if your current display picture were to be a large indifferent amorphous pink blob instead of a black-and-white person.

But really, what happened to you, Futurology? Better still be alive :D

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic